Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Pathetic Much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathetic Much?

Ok... how pathetic do you have to be to steal music?

I've already found out three pieces in wartune which are stolen from other games. I've seen no credit to the originals anywhere, so I'm using the word "steal". I've gotta say it's a little sad... I'm gonna guess all other pieces are stolen too. Just wondering but... is this how things are done with wartune? lol

Welcome to China. No one cares.
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 09-05-2014, 12:56 AM. Reason: Language.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero93 View Post
      Ok... how pathetic do you have to be to steal music?

I've already found out three pieces in wartune which are stolen from other games. I've seen no credit to the originals anywhere, so I'm using the word "steal". I've gotta say it's a little sad... I'm gonna guess all other pieces are stolen too. Just wondering but... is this how things are done with wartune? lol
      They steal mount designs and wings too. You could probably find sylphs in other MMO too.
      I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

please could you elaborate on those "stolen pieces" please? im curious lol

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
          please could you elaborate on those "stolen pieces" please? im curious lol
          Pretty sure 100% of it is copied from other games, but that's China policy, what works works.

Like the previous Cloud City theme was the Morrowind theme, and the battle theme was from another game (don't recall which one), list goes on an on.

Comment

80% of the mounts are stolen from wow, besides the ones like wolfs, panthers, bears, raptor that idd cant have much variations but still are almost the same as wow mounts, just look at the nether rhino - its not a rhino at all, its a exactly a kodo mount from wow.

And League of angles graphic? Copy/paste from LoL, all of it.
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Copyright laws do to apply in China if they do then are being enforced. I remember there been several Chinese version of Harry Potter.

DarkMeph
              Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Its very hard with in this day and age with perhaps Thousands of MMO's created to not "copy" from one or more as long as you change the name and some details none is the wiser....btw why is there a thread on this are you that bored?
                "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Ehm. What music, lol?
                  Does anyone have the Wartune sounds turned on?

Muting all was the very first thing I did in the settings. My poor ears couldn't stand that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMeph View Post
                    Copyright laws do to apply in China if they do then are being enforced. I remember there been several Chinese version of Harry Potter.

DarkMeph
                    ah i remember that book, turn out it's Hobbit with the names changed + Harry Potter in the cover (riding a centaur fighting a dragon)

Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-Harry-potter_chinese_070502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1694099

there's also a bunch of hilarious shameless ripoff xD
                    Last edited by Arlad; 09-05-2014, 04:47 AM. Reason: added pic and links
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

never heard the song s her before, your ears must spoilt xD

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                        Ehm. What music, lol?
                        Does anyone have the Wartune sounds turned on?

Muting all was the very first thing I did in the settings. My poor ears couldn't stand that.
                        Well the song starts in a low jazzy feel, then gets high again with a ringer , then low. Lal alal alala

Then it get real dramatic again then slows back down. Around this stage you can sing along to it with make up words your mind comes up with. I really can't believe you don't listen to this great music! I listen to it all the time in sylph farming, CQ's, and sylph arena.
                        Track 3 is the best, but then it goes back into track one

But then again track 1 is my second favorite so I smile again.

Comment

For everyone who's wondering about the stolen songs...

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrS3Nm9w11s (Plays like in the beginning or something)

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=WdY1UHdFvWk (Nether forest?)

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XqE5VSFuFM (Obvious...)

I think I even heard another at some point... but whatever, you get the point.

I'm just wondering if they have at least one thing that's original. And also, just because it's in China and all doesn't mean much. By what I know... Kongregate doesn't tolerate these things and if copyright... well they may take it down lol

Either way, not that I really care what they do, it's just a little pathetic really. Having to steal from others? That's just disrespectful to the original owners (Unless they gave credit, which is nowhere!)

Comment

They stole lots of songs from Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre video games too

Comment

Originally posted by Xero93 View Post
                              That's just disrespectful to the original owners
                              It may seem disrespectful to you, but it's a different world in Asia. I remember reading about artists in Asia complaining about why people weren't putting their music on "pirate bay".

I'm surprised at all the negative comments about stealing and copyrights. I doubt many of you have never downloaded music without paying for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X