Veterans Of Wartune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Of Wartune

Since a lot of complaining, ranting, accusations going on, it will be real nice to have some change of topic.
    I saw a Hangman thread which i enjoyed, though i didn't participate unfortunately.
    As the Title says "Veterans of Wartune"; let me ask you this
    " Your first thoughts when you were about to sign up for this game". What were you thinking? What was in your imagination; or you just thought of it as another game?
    When was the first time you cashed (If you Cashed) and what were you thinking while spending?

What was the happiest thing ever occurred to you while playing wartune?

Answer 1: For me i was going through Miniclip games, think it was Spring break for me (March 2013), and i saw this Wartune with a big giant "Yaros" (at that time i didn't really know). So just to try i signed up for Wartune with a Knight, the graphics looked Meh to me, but i kept playing, at that time i thought, its just a boring game, lets try another one. After my Spring break was done, i was on Miniclip website and i saw this game as "TOP 10" lol, YES "TOP 10". So i thought why not give it a try. I met great people, although all of them quit, but still it makes me Happy that i got to meet different people with different background.

Answer 2: The first time i cashed was not for VIP, it was this 50k balens recharge event, at that time i was ashamed of myself by wasting money. Never was ashamed before, because i always thought games are not worth paying for, but i ended up paying for it.

Answer 3: Getting Lord Divine title was the only thing i remember, because as a knight it took a LOT of BG to get it, while i was holding on level 64 for 3 months literally
    Last edited by Lazydazymugetsu; 09-05-2014, 01:25 AM.
    IGN: Kittylation
    Server: Miniclip
    Br: Never Fixed

1. I came to Wartune searching for a no stress browser game just to pass the time. Having played WoW and LoL on a very high level before, which is very time consuming, so i just wanted something i could leave at any given moment without regrets, i guess i was wrong about this one . The game itself is very good and addictive, bad things come from other sources.

2. First i was recharged by the biggest casher on our server back then and was so excited to get wings and lvl 1 clothes, a great guy with similar sense of humor like mine, we became friends fast and i miss him now when he quited. Now i am recharging the 500 balens promos when we got them, sometimes even skip them if they too crappy.

3. Destroying, not killing, but literally destroying number 1 and 3 knights from our server (15-20k br difference at that time) in 2 cws in a row. I always thought i was doing good, then i knew i was doing great.
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

1. I started playing ~April, 2013.
        I had a week off from studies, have done everything I had to.
        I hadn't played a single game for 1-2 years at that time and decided to check my old Kongregate account.
        There I found an ad of Wartune and just wanted to try it out.I was really, really impressed with the graphics and how smoothly this game worked. I picked up a mage that is still my main and only char (just have a few lvl. 30-40 on other time zone or non-kong servers, just to check out players' stats or new events).
      2. I firstly recharged around June. I was around lvl. 50 and figured out that Wings might be a good deal. Since July, I started buying VIP regularly and I've been VIP since then.
        I recharged for anything more than VIP in November, for the first time (besdies those wings in the beginning), when sylphs were released. I was pretty lucky to get Apollo in 200 chests. Another event chests buying was when they released Hadse and as a mage, I really, really wanted to get it. Got it after having bought ~400-500 chests.
        Since then, I've been recharging 4-10k balens a month, buying VIP cards, SC and sometimes some chests (99% of time I just get some ****).
      3. The happiest was the moment, when I finally gathered my 60 PvE set. There were 5-6 people on the entire server with any PvE set those days. I could very rarely meet people in BG with that set as well. That rage gain was AWESOME
        Another happy moment I'm having right now when I'm on 3 people on the entire who can survive WBs last hit without blessing (Guardian Rune ftw).

Comment

Guess there are not many Veterans left in wartune
        IGN: Kittylation
        Server: Miniclip
        Br: Never Fixed

Comment

First thoughts
          My friends from the university mentioned the game to me during our exams. They said they would play more after the exams passed, and I didn't want to play during the exams, so I joined a server that was a few weeks old at the time. This was in November 2012. I, too, sank thousands of hours into WoW and LoL and this looked like a perfect replacement that wouldn't make me so addicted. In a way, Wartune is easier to stop playing - I can just go do something else almost anytime. It also looked complex enough for a flash game and well - I already had friends here. I remember them saying level 36 was the highest level on the server. When I got to play, he was already around lvl 44 (which doesn't sound that impressive nowadays). Every game is "just another game", and they are all different; I thought I liked Wartune when I started playing it, but not enough that I'd play it forever. I played a few browser based games, but some of them got way too stressful - Wartune is still among the least stressful ones (for example, you can't die permanently, your buildings can't be destroyed, you don't have to be afraid of this 24/7 etc).

On Cashing
          At first I didn't want to cash. I was a student at the time, and a cheap one at that. In a twisted way, I enjoy handicaps because then I feel better when I win (and also have an excuse for losing). At that time I could remember every time I spent money anywhere, and I didn't want to walk away with bad feelings about the game if I spent too much, because every dollar spent for something I hated in the end would bite me back later. However, after a few months of playing I saw a nice opportunity and got myself those little wings. I bought some transposers with the balens (back in the day there were no bound balens and lvl 6 transposers were essential). Now, almost 2 years later, I spent a total of $20 on the game by recharging $5 roughly every half a year. I got a few warriors calls for the time when it was hard to pass lych and nirvana. I donated 100 balens to my guild to speed up cooldowns a long time ago (which I don't regret even though it was a horrible decision). More recently, I bought an engagement ring and I have a few hundred balens remaining. I already have plenty of plans for those, but there isn't much I can buy with this little so I'm keeping it for special circumstances.

Happy Moments
          I've been playing for a while now, and I don't really know what was the happiest moment anymore. I'll make a list so it's easier to read. Of course, everyone has his ups and downs, but I'm not going to complain here, this shouldn't be a sad thread.
          • Getting my Crusader honor rank by beating an old server champ that is now long gone. BGs were still server only and he was far ahead of me, so it took about 70-80% dryad. Still, it was memorable.
          • Qualifying for the Class Wars (I managed to do it twice) and getting almost all of the mounts from over there. Recently I haven't been able to qualify because of the silly rulings (I simply do not have enough BR).
          • Being the first person on the server to get a red astral to level 7, being the first person to get a lot of titles and do a lot of things.
          • Passing Nirvana NM on the day it was released.
          • Both getting L4 Wings with GL Charms and L5 Wings without charms were enjoyable.
          • Getting honor ranks and astrals without being vip is almost hardcore so yeah, of course that is/was exciting.
          • Being constantly highly ranked in PvE (WB, ST, Necro, GD).

Though really - every time I beat a hard opponent, every time I'm asked for advice and I can help, every time someone tells me it's good that I'm there is a happy moment. Every time someone complains and I realize the thing they are complaining about actually gives me an edge over them is also kind of secretly enjoyable. Every time I see that I am keeping pace with the people in the big guilds is a success. Every time an update arrives that I figure out faster than the competition is both exciting and rewarding. Every time a plan I've been working on for months (like those wings) succeeds I feel like it's worth it. But most of all I like the people - some are fun to talk to, some are a wreck, some don't talk much, some I compete with - but everyone is interesting.

Now I passed 190k BR (~rank 20) and despite having less and less time for the game, I'm kind of excited. I've been leading a small guild for over a year and a half and I feel like it's finally the time to pass into a big one with less responsibilities and more rewards. I liked being my own master, representing myself, but at this point everyone knows who I am and the benefits of changing guilds are simply too great. I didn't have the time to answer this thread earlier and honestly at the first glance I didn't think it was meant for me, but I decided to give it a shot since I like this kind of threads.

Comment

Working...
          X