Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guild management 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild management 2.0

My purpose of this thread is trying to make ways for guild leaders and his assigned assistants/officers to be able to enforce his ways and thus lead his guild more efficiently and strictly.

Why I came to this issue is simple. Think we all seen them in our guilds, people that harass, use bad words, don’t listen, in any ways needs to be talked to by the leader or his officers.
    Now usually talking too them seals the deal and they will hush, but many other times it will just continue. Now, we could just kick them out of the guild but this wont do anyone any good. What does R2games with people that are using bad language? Mute.
    Now muting doesn’t always stop someone from starting again and further sanctions need to be laid. A penalty as you wish, in the form of gold drawn from the player which goes into the guilds wealth.
    I would encourage people to talk about this and come with idea’s how this would work out.

I also want to discuss the officer, assistant and guild leader status.
    There is at the current time not a single use in being officer or assistant, other than a assistant can set players for the guild battle.
    This, in my opinion, has to change. A guild leader shouldn’t have to pay 100 balens to mass email his members, this should be free. Also in my opinion a guild leader should have more info about his member to actively and strictly maintain his guild, like how often they attend to Divine Altar, Guild battle, Tree of ancients. As mentioned above, the leader should be able to “punish” his members.
    The assistant should have more hand on too and of course less than the leader. They should be able to mute, punish, summon tree etc.
    Now the officer is somewhat the little child that isn’t seen. Currently there is really no point in being a officer, how can we arrange this status?

Now making you members put in an effort there has to be some kind of a reward. Been thinking about how to use the guild chests but without any info its very hard to keep track on who is really putting in his effort. Some additional rewards would be nice or maybe some extra statuses??

This is purely a discussion thread to in the end make a strong united suggestion towards our developers to look at it. Yes I know we just follow their version, but if we don’t try it will never happen.

I would also like to keep this thread clean, without swearing, meaningless comments. Any on-topic posts remains whilst the rest will be removed. I know this is a lot asked for some on this forum but please try it

So far we got:

- Assistant guild masters should be able to summon tree and divine altar.
    - New types of rewards, automatically given by a particular achievement.
    - Remove the officer or update its importance.
    - Improved way to make guild chest distribution more simple.
    - Automated punishments by the system (boundaries set by the GM)
    - More info so the GM can see particular members attend to the several guild events.
    - Different font colors for the AGM´s and GM
    - Bigger announcement pads and flashier
    - A forum corner and a strategic corner
    - A marker so its visible who is on which tower
    - Free mass guild mails
    - Welcome message with rules and pointers
    - Auto remove afk-ers after 5 or 10 minutes in GB.
    - AGM´s should be able to make announcements

Please tell me if I forgot some.
    Last edited by liquid_oxygen; 09-18-2014, 05:19 AM.
    if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
    then click on support

I agree with most of the things you have been. In fact I hate being a guild officer most of the time because all I get to do is accept new members. I think officers need a change since the ranks above them do the same and even more. They could have an ability in guild chat like a font colour change indicating that something important is going to be said or say.

I feel that maybe a Guild master could nominate a Assistant GM to be able to summon the tree if the GM not going to be on.

DarkMeph
    Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Thank you for your idea. I honestly see no reason to keep the officer, this can easily be done by the AGM´s but keep the idea´s coming. Now putting some colors into the chat might not be a bad idea.
      if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

then click on support

Comment

There's always been the contribution stats, but those don't matter as much once people have their guild skills. A really useful metric would be a guild participation stat, all-time and weekly. 1 pt for ToA, 1 pt for any dungeon/event with a guildie, 3 pts for GB, etc.

Comment

Indeed, somehow to be able to see who is putting in the effort and who is not.

then click on support

Comment

that 100 baleen part ouch, i would agree needs to be free

Comment

I think maybe some larger areas for guild notices. Sometimes we want to put up who defending what tower in GB. We cannot fit enough information on then we have to use another website like facebook which everyone does not have. Another idea for guild chat would be maybe the GM or AGM could set the title which repeats every so often. Like if the tree going to be delayed.

I do think they should be another way to measure contribution to a guild other that by what they donated to the guild. Someone might be low level but really active but not at the same time as majority of the members. That could lead to another leader board which guild been the most helpful.

DarkMeph

Comment

i would really like if the system chat notifications could be suspended during guild battle, or even better to have the option to turn them off completely if you don't want to see who won what and who came online! generally i don't even read those anymore - it just spams the chat. but it would be great during GB so we could communicate better as a guild!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMeph View Post
                  I think maybe some larger areas for guild notices. Sometimes we want to put up who defending what tower in GB. We cannot fit enough information on then we have to use another website like facebook which everyone does not have. Another idea for guild chat would be maybe the GM or AGM could set the title which repeats every so often. Like if the tree going to be delayed.

I do think they should be another way to measure contribution to a guild other that by what they donated to the guild. Someone might be low level but really active but not at the same time as majority of the members. That could lead to another leader board which guild been the most helpful.

DarkMeph
                  Yeah, I've created a forum for our guild to keep the info about the crucial things regarding guild life.
                  The thing is, little people like reading the forum every single day, while the game consumes so much time itself.
                  Lately, even I have little time to administrate the forum.

We set up a system in which we give points to people holding the GB towers and for Top10 Ranks in the GB (all distributed equally within 10 ranked players).
                  I created a simple app in Java which let's us deal with chests distribution a lot faster. I created text parsers which parse our forum topics containing GB Tower Teams and Top10 Ranks, so we can distribute chests within a few seconds as long as players' database is up to date.
                  The app allows the Guild Master to give special chests for players who we think did something special or deserve a special chest.

Still, the system is far from optimal, but at least all our guildies know the rules and no one feels ommited.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMeph View Post

DarkMeph
                    Yes, I agree on the announce pads being to small and also the assistants cant use it anymore. We are forced to create forums/FB pages to maintain our guild which also can be done inside the game.

Many people asked me why one got the chest and one didnt and had to tell them i go on the way i see people and there performance. This member has been always there i found out later but wasnt pulling enough attention for me to notice.
                    You can say, "you the leader and should know" but lots go past us as we cant always see everything.
                    A bit more info could come in handy, but what will that be?...

Originally posted by R25287071 View Post
                    i would really like if the system chat notifications could be suspended during guild battle, or even better to have the option to turn them off completely if you don't want to see who won what and who came online! generally i don't even read those anymore - it just spams the chat. but it would be great during GB so we could communicate better as a guild!!!
                    It has been asked or mentioned many times now to be able to turn off system messages, would indeed be a great step. Also for in CRGB/GB would it be awesome that the leader have a different color so they stand out more??

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                    Yeah, I've created a forum for our guild to keep the info about the crucial things regarding guild life.
                    The thing is, little people like reading the forum every single day, while the game consumes so much time itself.
                    Lately, even I have little time to administrate the forum.

We set up a system in which we give points to people holding the GB towers and for Top10 Ranks in the GB (all distributed equally within 10 ranked players).
                    I created a simple app in Java which let's us deal with chests distribution a lot faster. I created text parsers which parse our forum topics containing GB Tower Teams and Top10 Ranks, so we can distribute chests within a few seconds as long as players' database is up to date.
                    The app allows the Guild Master to give special chests for players who we think did something special or deserve a special chest.

Still, the system is far from optimal, but at least all our guildies know the rules and no one feels ommited.
                    Wouldnt it be handy if these thing can be integrated into the guild feature?? Could get an extra "forum" section or maybe some strategies corner.

Also how do people manage their tower teams? I always bump into the issue where people don't listen and occupy a tower and thus weaken it by their presence. Honestly I think the guild leader should have some oversight option to keep better track on things happening.

So far so good, keep the comments coming.

then click on support

Comment

hi.. i would like to have a stats available like the guild contributions which would show no. of times tree energized...guild battle participated..and other stats i cannot think of showing how much one does contribute to guild development. to identify active and helpful players.. I dont agree with the idea of giving guild chest to top10 in GB as low lvl players also help in guild growth and deserve the goodies..

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_oxygen View Post
                        Also how do people manage their tower teams? I always bump into the issue where people don't listen and occupy a tower and thus weaken it by their presence. Honestly I think the guild leader should have some oversight option to keep better track on things happening.
                        So far, our Officers, Assistants and "Tower Leaders" are responsible for managing Tower Team squads. If there's any player that doesn't obey the rules, he's kindly asked to stop defending the tower. If he doesn't move, he gets kicked out of the GB list and sent to the forum to read our rules.
                        Would really like an option to see people who are currently "Guarding" the tower, then Assistants and the Guild Master could react faster.

Originally posted by malu.s490 View Post
                        hi.. i would like to have a stats available like the guild contributions which would show no. of times tree energized...guild battle participated..and other stats i cannot think of showing how much one does contribute to guild development. to identify active and helpful players.. I dont agree with the idea of giving guild chest to top10 in GB as low lvl players also help in guild growth and deserve the goodies..
                        More active or contributing (in the overall meaning of contribution, e.g. maintaining the good atmosphere) low level players are given "special chests" in our guild.
                        Not mentioning, that thanks to those high BR / level players, those little ones get more insignia, honor and SC
                        Last edited by Caballero1321; 09-10-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I have asked several times that I do not want a chest but it would be nice to opt out rather than say.

The possibilty of some shared storage in the guild vault for some unbound items that I might not need but someone else does. Sometimes when I do MPD I pick an item for a mage which I cannot use but someone else might. I either end up selling them after using them for CQs or recycling items.

Maybe helping other members with quests too. I do not mean MPDs but something like CQs I tend to finish all 200 of them but I do wish I could help others with theirs.

DarkMeph

Comment

Please let my assistants open the tree so I can hang out at the bar some nights!?

I'm joking but I'm totally serious.
                            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

I would love some leadership power changes.
                              -Difference color/symbol (maybe a crown or something) for guild leaders would be nice
                              -And more activity counters would be nice (days since last tree touch/number of touches per week etc... change in battle rating over last week would be nice to monitor growth)
                              -Punishments
                              - change name colors of someone punished in last 48 that only assist+ can see so when making gb list can leave them out, etc
                              -force contribution is a nice idea but dont think would have much effect most of the time
                              -1 hr mute for assists to give them time to decide on action to take/leader to get on
                              - better version of guild chest current one is worthless now to award good players
                              - internal "charm" system. give + or - rep to fellow guild members based on their actions. normal mems can give 5 a day, officers 10, etc.... would be a nice way to measure helpfulness

-allow assist+ to summon tree/altar
                              -free all-guild mail once per day for leader
                              -welcoming message sent to all new members. leaders can change to explain rules/expectations and welcome new players
                              -guild merge feature would also be interesting

I mainly use officers+ rankings now just so people know who to go to with questions/problems

Comment

Working...
                              X