Fixes To Make BG More Interesting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixes To Make BG More Interesting

Just a few suggestions that would greatly improve bg. Right now they are a bit tedious still.

1. Change where the RRO is positioned. Put the RRO inside the spawn camp. This would make it a bit harder for noobs to reach the RRO and maybe alleviate some of the whining about the RRO being killed.
    2. Make it where you can enter the enemy spawn. The reason should be pretty obvious. Those that want to whine and hide in spawn shouldn't have a place to hide. This should be BG not whimp ground for crybabies like it is currently.

So you want to make BG more interesting by making spawn camping easier?

If you want to make it more interesting allow players to assist teammates like in GB. You can even apply this to the resource officer, players may complain less if there is actually a way to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Draconan69 View Post
      So you want to make BG more interesting by making spawn camping easier?

If you want to make it more interesting allow players to assist teammates like in GB. You can even apply this to the resource officer, players may complain less if there is actually a way to prevent it.
      My suggestion would be a way to prevent it. All those that want to just sit and hide most of the BG become a human shield. It converts them from being worthless to their side and allows them to contribute. I think many are tired of the leeches that contribute nothing to the BG.

Comment

Linking these threads since you were kind enough to come up with a fix or two. :3

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....please-comment!!!

Comment

It all sounds like a way to make bg even less interesting than it is now. What ruins bg for a lot of people is having high br toons spawn camping so that they can hit the weakest players. Changing bg so that people can go into the spawn camps will just result in even less people entering bg's to start with.

Ideally bg should be changed so that spawn camping isn't an effective tactic. So either change the map to get rid of the choke point, or introduce another cooldown restricting how frequently you can attack the same player. Alternatively I saw someone suggest having the guardians respawn as well, which might help too, although the points and honour for them would have to be reduced (or giving them a buff each time they respawn).

Comment

they should make a special BG for casher, acording to how much you have cash in the game. with special rewards for them, lik 2x car rewards.
            So other light - non casher can have fun in BG

Comment

Only thing i'd agree and support is to increase RRO difficulty.
              East coast archer.

Comment

1) One way path from spawn to ore area. That way people who want to cart can at least grab a cart before they are killed.
                2) No attacks at ore....like a safe zone. You have to go through main bg area to return cart to RRO. There anything goes.

If you want to kill...pick on them after they grab ore. If you want to cart, at least you get some small rewards and honor.

Or something like attacks in the spawn only earn 25% of normal honor.

Everybody should feel they got something out of bg. I can see peoples frustration of 20 minutes not being able to leave camp because of #@$@#%# in a frenzy to accumulate fake honor, rather than having real honor.
                Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                  1) One way path from spawn to ore area. That way people who want to cart can at least grab a cart before they are killed.
                  2) No attacks at ore....like a safe zone. You have to go through main bg area to return cart to RRO. There anything goes.

If you want to kill...pick on them after they grab ore. If you want to cart, at least you get some small rewards and honor.

Or something like attacks in the spawn only earn 25% of normal honor.

Everybody should feel they got something out of bg. I can see peoples frustration of 20 minutes not being able to leave camp because of #@$@#%# in a frenzy to accumulate fake honor, rather than having real honor.
                  I dont think it's anyones "right" to get a cart. It's part of the game. If you dont find that part of the game enjoyable or of benefit, don't it. The current system works for the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
                    I dont think it's anyones "right" to get a cart. It's part of the game. If you dont find that part of the game enjoyable or of benefit, don't it. The current system works for the majority.
                    Let's put it this way....I would like to see the game grow, not frustrate people into quitting. Farming about 40 honor and some bg shards for 20 minutes work, reasonable expectation of small rewards for time invested. Not getting 3 inches from camp..., pretty annoying.

Hey, I kinda like it the way it is too, I get to kill tons of spawn campers and love when the bullies start crying about how they should be left alone.
                    Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
                      Only thing i'd agree and support is to increase RRO difficulty.
                      if increasing the difficulty is by giving some kind of dryad blessing to RRO every time it's killed, i agree completely. but to increase their default stats is a no for me.
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                        if increasing the difficulty is by giving some kind of dryad blessing to RRO every time it's killed, i agree completely. but to increase their default stats is a no for me.
                        Either way works, his default stats are a joke since even 120k players can kill him.
                        Dryad sounds fun somehow.
                        East coast archer.

Comment

it seems like dryad not working ?i am sure if you get killed many times u wil be able to make it out.

as for killing the sameplayer, no honor if more than twice

as to above issue, give player 5 secs of protection when theu just spawn, this method works in many games as it prevents spawn camping,
                          S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                          IGN : Neggy

Comment

How about this - you are free to enter the enemy spawn and attack, but you lose your VIP honor protection if you do.
                            Or, since spawn camping is annoying to your own team, you can attack your teammates near the enemy spawn.

Not letting people grab carts just discourages them from leaving the spawn, leading to less kills for your side in the end. It's in your team's interest to let people cart. But an individual spawn camper might make out even better. If everyone's spawn camping, they probably lose out. Basically kind of a prisoner's dilemma, that.
                            I do like the idea of a one-way path to the ore, though.

Comment

I just find it funny that in the discussion menu this appears as "Fixes To Make BG More Interesting - Started by Astroglide"

Well yes, that would be a good start...

Comment

Working...
                              X