Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential cache and fps fix for chrome users.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential cache and fps fix for chrome users.

This shows that within chrome there is a secondary tacted on flashplayer, that I'm assuming since 3.1 release the cache feature is not supported with. Or perhaps it's just the fact it's trying to save to shockwave's cache system but running the game off pepper flash. Regardless I've as of today disabled pepper flash and the game seems to run much more smoothly. Yes outside of combat at wb is laggy still, but that's bound to happen in any game where there are lots of people. I'm more focused on fixing the bandwidth and the incombat fps chug that happens after both flashplayers are attempting to run and your cpu usage goes through the roof with your internet bill.

I have however run into another issue and I'm hoping a mod could contact someone and get the specific intended resolution for the game as I now have a issue with that as shown in the next two images.

As you can see the boarders of the windows are vastly misshaped, while I feel it has a benefit to be such a large screen it also has a terrible effect when you can't see small wording.

If I could get the intended resolution for the game I could then adjust the shockwave player accordingly. As for the cache issue since changing this over sylph atoll doesn't have to reload for me everytime I relog, players aren't ghosts, and dungeons are loading fast once again for me. My best guess is they dropped support for this pepper flash as I said, which is something they should of mentioned to us.
    Last edited by Valest; 09-10-2014, 09:50 PM.
    S435 Witchlight bluffs
    Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
    39k BR *Hercules

done this since 18 months ago, still have cache issue.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      done this since 18 months ago, still have cache issue.
      Same.
      But hope it helps others.
      East coast archer.

Comment

Confirmed recommended screen resolution for Wartune in the browser is 1496x870
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Is OP saying builtin chrome flash isn't supported in some resolutions or is he not using latest flash (v14.xxx.xxx) ?
          I've switched to Maxthon which has its own flash like Chrome, and I noticed it's faster/smoother than in FF or IE,
          and doesn't froze up like mini-client. Monitor resolution is 1600x900 if that helps.
          [morfinnor]
          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
            Is OP saying builtin chrome flash isn't supported in some resolutions or is he not using latest flash (v14.xxx.xxx) ?
            I've switched to Maxthon which has its own flash like Chrome, and I noticed it's faster/smoother than in FF or IE,
            and doesn't froze up like mini-client. Monitor resolution is 1600x900 if that helps.
            from what i read, Op asked 2 question: 1)that chrome's pepper flash might be the source of cache issue, and 2) he have resolution issue because his screen too large.
            both questions already answered in separate posts.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
            X