The Soul Crystal Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soul Crystal Topic

First of all, I would like to thank Wartune for adding more and more opportunities to collect soul crystals. We desperately need these.

Aside with joke:
    In the past 2 months, our server lost an incredible amount of players. Players who played for 2+ years!!! Happened this despite of new events happening in the game all the time.

I asked whoever I could for their reason to quit.

Top reasons were:
    1.) Lag, the game being unplayable.

2.) Too many things to do, the game taking up too much time.

3.) And - brace yourself - the Soul Crystal exchange hoax!!! For many, many months, players could exchange their excess soul crystals into mount whips and runestones. Now players are throwing from one mailbox to the other the thousands of SC, hoping to be able to exchange it again one day. But 4 months has passed, and nothing happened. Yes, we have "get 50k gold for 100 SC" exchange. But in this exchange, you get approx. 1:40 of what SC worth previously! Even in wild shop, you have to pay 120K gold for 10 SC!!!

Ok, you can say, some people have maxed fate stones, whips, dragon souls etc. and they can't use them either. The problem is, a lot of SC was given out as REWARD, and people spent their resources because they thought what they got, the SC will be useful. Look around on the forum. This is what most people want: an SC event finally!

You don't even have to give what you gave previously (20 whip or 20 rune for 100). It can be 5 or 10 whip/runestone, or something else what is useful, like 1 vulcan hammer for 1000 SC. Or you can even allow exchange of some SC into mystery stones and let people spend it in the wild shop.

But it seems you have no clue how much your players are ****** off over this issue. And about the gold exchange, forget it, just add a gold sale value of 500 to SC in case someone want to exchange it into gold.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Well, people will still quit. One of the top players in kabam who spent 180.000 balens in 2 days for that big spender event to get the Ice Lion mount has quitted after, so its not impossible. I like the events, i dont like the drop chances from 39 balens boxes, i dont like they`ve put so many rare items in it and this makes it harder to get the mount but this is the company.. players complain and suggest, devs and other workers dont care, simple as that. I dont think the company will go on minus as long as there are players who recharge 180.000 balens for a mount (example) or have 3 orange maxed sylphs, or god knows what.
    Player: sunshinε
    Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
    Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
    Level: 80
    Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

we from ArmorGames page are having lag in arena, losing 1 or 2 turns per battle...
      lags like hell in other places. (I got a new pc recently, was all good, till new updates...)
      old player who use the SC to exchange for runes, have max chaos, when it was my turn.... no more SC exchange....

Comment

must admit i don't lag very oftern sc's i havnt had much of an issue with yea i got rid of lots for gold ( made my last 2 peaces of 80 gear 3 days apart due to events and wanted to fast enchant it) my current issue is mount whips but not lots of them not getting enough back a cupple of months ago i was capped and building a nice supply of them then i won class wars bet (15k glory crystals) grabed all the mounts then from last cupple of events ive pulled mounts out of free boxes (used my mount whips on the last mount whip event as its proberly the best since the great days of the past. im now sat at 120 lvls off cap on all stats

Comment

Cache issue, only thing that made me whine badly.
          East coast archer.

Comment

If they are going to give out SC as rewards, they should be useful for something besides gold. There are plenty of other ways to get gold.
            Server: Armor S6
            IGN: Xanthralla
            Guild: Samurai

Comment

I need SC for my marriage Tree they soon go.
              WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

I think the big problem was that they were way too generous, and realized it too late. They basically flooded the market with several types of item, and the exchange cycle was more than enough for a lot of players to max gems, soul engraving, whips, and runes. The heaviest cashers ended up excluded from a lot of it, simply because they were already at or near maximum, and that meant that lighter cashers and a few free-ish players caught way up.

Now, if they try to dial back the rewards a bit, everyone complains because they were so much better before, and some players got to take advantage of it. So the players who were in the right place at the right time got huge boosts, and those coming up later will take a lot longer to catch up.

As a side effect, several top cashers also realized they had no more goals to aim for either, so they decided it was time to call it quits. The ratcheting up of the time requirements was also a huge contributor there though. That's what made the top player on my server quit.

Comment

Cashers complaining having no goals is a joke, they paid for getting ahead, they should be enjoying themselves.
                  Considering the amount of patches still behind, R2 has a time frame for getting players ready for next content.
                  If anything, they are already late in that department. With new content they bring more stuff that produce balens,
                  that's the goal for them, and they can't do that if certain BR margin isn't achieved. It's not generosity, it's business.
                  Removing the unlimited events is sign that the game isn't ready yet for next content, cost for taking it small/slow.

As for SC issue, if you want to keep your 8-track collection next to your CDs and ipods, well its going to take space.
                  Simple as that, if you want the store to trade in your 8-track tapes, good luck. What good is there other nostalgia values?
                  [morfinnor]
                  Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I have the inverse problem, where I actually need an excess of sc to max my engrave. Unfortunately, the rate in which you can obtain them has withered to nearly nothing like it was just a couple months ago. I made 4k sc last month, so at this rate it will take 1.5! years to max sc, a boost that pretty much 75% of players have already.
                    I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazycatSS2 View Post
                      I have the inverse problem, where I actually need an excess of sc to max my engrave. Unfortunately, the rate in which you can obtain them has withered to nearly nothing like it was just a couple months ago. I made 4k sc last month, so at this rate it will take 1.5! years to max sc, a boost that pretty much 75% of players have already.
                      I'm in the same boat as you but with a different perspective.
                      Since recent soul crystal engrave event, I've been trading off sylph crystaloids (in which I already got the mount)
                      to get hold of more soul crystal packs (worth 1k soul crystals) and take advantage of the event.

I think rate of 1.5years applies more to the mount whips, ever since recent gem events don't give them anymore,
                      we have to squeeze other means (wilds shop, weekly guild battle treasure, jewel hunt, amethyst) of getting those MTW.
                      "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
                      Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
                      Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                        First of all,. Yes, we have "get 50k gold for 100 SC" exchange. But in this exchange, you get approx. 1:40 of what SC worth previously! Even in wild shop, you have to pay 120K gold for 10 SC!!!

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow so true
                        Archer hoarder

Comment

I have the same Problem + whips. All those who have stables at lvl 6-max always get a huge amount of new whips and chests at stable events and we, those who havent maxed, are the ones that get nothing.
                          The difference between the players that had those events and those who hasnt is getting bigger and bigger with that

I married ingame with someone 20k BR over me. He made all those events. I`m really fast with BR. Gained 20k in one week and because of the differences of the events he is now 40k away from me...

I dont know how you think but I'm getting more and more demotivated.

Comment

Originally posted by Killersbaby View Post
                            I have the same Problem + whips. All those who have stables at lvl 6-max always get a huge amount of new whips and chests at stable events and we, those who havent maxed, are the ones that get nothing.
                            This is not true, are you just that new, or are you making excuses for not making any gains. Either way, anyone who's been playing longer than 6 months knows it's not typical to be allowed to claim the stable rewards more than once. Just like the current stable rewards, it's typically a 1 time claim.

cry more.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                              I think the big problem was that they were way too generous, and realized it too late. They basically flooded the market with several types of item, and the exchange cycle was more than enough for a lot of players to max gems, soul engraving, whips, and runes. The heaviest cashers ended up excluded from a lot of it, simply because they were already at or near maximum, and that meant that lighter cashers and a few free-ish players caught way up.

Now, if they try to dial back the rewards a bit, everyone complains because they were so much better before, and some players got to take advantage of it. So the players who were in the right place at the right time got huge boosts, and those coming up later will take a lot longer to catch up.

As a side effect, several top cashers also realized they had no more goals to aim for either, so they decided it was time to call it quits. The ratcheting up of the time requirements was also a huge contributor there though. That's what made the top player on my server quit.

I totally agree with this statement, so where does R2 go from here. New servers will find out what some of us got in the past and be very upset. The balance is lost in this game, not really sure you can get that back now. i went from 50k whips to 500 whips each event rotation. I even pondered starting a new mage on a server, but knowing i have no chance competing against servers 6 months ahead of me that got max stables etc, no way i can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X