Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Food for thought on cashers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Food for thought on cashers

    Now here it is lets clear a few things up. while i know some will just say this is a rant some will understand this where some will be as lost as they are in the game.

    Yes the game is free to play but this does not mean everything is free in the game JUST THE PLAYING OF IT.

    No matter where you go or what you play people will pay for stuff they want either it just be greed or they want to be the top it don't matter they spend because they can and they want to it that simple.

    Now to clear some things up to start with yes i am a casher so get over it.

    Next cashers are not here for other people they do it for themselves. We do not go him let me cash so that i can better help some one on the server, and you will not here them say let me cash for a rival guild. Sorry we just don't think that way.

    Now with that said i'm sure more dislike me but here is where it gets fun. The game is free to play but it cost companies money to keep the servers up. So every time you complain about some casher remember this they are the reason you still get to play the game for free. Because if there was no casher then there is no server and no server means no game so just think about that for a second next time you complain some casher does not want to help you or that they get so much stuff because they spend. We pay and you get to play so GET OVER IT!

    thank you for taking the time to read this and have a nice day
    CS Server Rinulka Peninsula
    name RubyRed
    type priest

    WT S5 ..................WT S144
    Name gippal .........Name backlash
    Type Mage ...........Type Archer

  • #2
    I think no one complains because people cash, people compain of the unbalance of the game on some aspects or when the lag gets so bad you have to reload
    every few fights to be able play ok, if someone wants to blow 40k dollars daily its their money i guess, people can have opinions like "that's wasted money" or
    "i could spend that kind of money in something worth it" but in the end as you said, cashers fuel this game (and R2s greed of course).

    What R2 could do is either get better servers or fix the stupid issues of the game, i cant believe a game that produces so much money like wartune cant let them
    buy good machines or have enough people to fix the lag issues or the memory leak, i've played 8+ years final fantasy 11 and never ever had to close the client
    to refresh the game, i dont understand why a flash game can eat so many resources so fast.

    Comment


    • #3
      Servers take about $12 a year to run, So that's not it.........

      ALSO, if a company is smart, (not sure this one is) the company makes as much or more money off ADVERTISING, than they do the actual product. Its simple, bring in mass amounts of population, push money making ideas and products toward them for a fee. This company already has the population...

      This game and others like it, do not cost any amount of real $ to maintain. They don't even own the game or a franchise of it, they rent it basically. 3 coiners on our server alone have spent enough to run this game efficiently for the next 10 years. Don't get it twisted, we play a buggy, laggy, greedy game that would be free to play completely IF they chose for it to be operated that way.
      Archer hoarder

      Comment


      • #4
        Everything nowadays in Wartune requires a lot of $$ to compete comparing to few months ago when you could spend wisely few bucks here, few bucks there and be on top. No wonder many quitted.
        Player: sunshinε
        Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
        Guild: LostSouls


        Class: Knight
        Level: 80
        Battle Rating: 498k






        Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

        Comment


        • #5
          The game simply doesnt have enough content to lower the prices, every new thing they add is maxed by most players in 3/4 months.

          Comment


          • #6
            In reply to HumbleSlayer don't you think this game suffers enough with lag without us being pestered with advertisements.

            Now THAT would really annoy me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
              Servers take about $12 a year to run, So that's not it.........

              ALSO, if a company is smart, (not sure this one is) the company makes as much or more money off ADVERTISING, than they do the actual product. Its simple, bring in mass amounts of population, push money making ideas and products toward them for a fee. This company already has the population...

              This game and others like it, do not cost any amount of real $ to maintain. They don't even own the game or a franchise of it, they rent it basically. 3 coiners on our server alone have spent enough to run this game efficiently for the next 10 years. Don't get it twisted, we play a buggy, laggy, greedy game that would be free to play completely IF they chose for it to be operated that way.
              you lost your mind $12 a year if that was the case we would all open our own server you forget they have to pay staff and others that work there the people that answer the tickets the system the tickets are on the servers gm tickets tech team project teams development team and i am sure there are others i forgetting at the moment and you expect $12 for a year to cover all of that get off your high horse and be real the people there not working for free
              CS Server Rinulka Peninsula
              name RubyRed
              type priest

              WT S5 ..................WT S144
              Name gippal .........Name backlash
              Type Mage ...........Type Archer

              Comment


              • #8
                ^
                Most of their staff are volunteers and tell me if we have a quality support system ?
                East coast archer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
                  Everything nowadays in Wartune requires a lot of $$ to compete comparing to few months ago when you could spend wisely few bucks here, few bucks there and be on top. No wonder many quitted.
                  I don't blame the ones that quit. Also, I don't blame Wartune for keeping the high prices. Obviously, people like the OP here are paying it. Supply/demand. If people are willing to pay a price for something, why lower it?
                  Archer hoarder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                    I don't blame the ones that quit. Also, I don't blame Wartune for keeping the high prices. Obviously, people like the OP here are paying it. Supply/demand. If people are willing to pay a price for something, why lower it?
                    Its not about prices, its about events that requires huge amount of balens spent such as holy forge.
                    Player: sunshinε
                    Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
                    Guild: LostSouls


                    Class: Knight
                    Level: 80
                    Battle Rating: 498k






                    Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
                      Its not about prices, its about events that requires huge amount of balens spent such as holy forge.
                      One day, they might give us events that offer hammers. I assume another few months. You know what happens when you assume something though.....
                      Archer hoarder

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I feel like ther's a war between , cashers , and non-cashers , you can't play the game without cashers , and you also can't play it without non-cashers , let take a simple example , in bg you will always need a monster that got points to make your team win , and kill spawn campers , and by the other side you need weak players ( non-cashers) to get those points . How ever every one has his own opinoin
                        Platform : R2

                        Character : EvilBreath

                        Class : Knight

                        Battle rating : 630 k

                        Statut : not married

                        Guild master of redemptoin
                        "What hurts more than the lag in this game ? , females "

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          R2 makes money from people purchasing items in their games, charging advertising rates to games they host and from selling some information (legally) to marketers.

                          The only true complaint I see about cashers of any stripe is not the fact they spent, but rather their attitudes towards others. Earth to numbskulls of the school of thought that VIP means you own the server, I don't need VIP active to have spent in this game, things like say Spirit Covenant does not show as a yellow gem next to my username. These egotistical nitwits are the ones who tend to annoy others the most. Those who pay in and do not act as "lord of the manor" tend to have others willing to assist them as needed in MPD, BI, DI, etc. That said, everyone has a bad day, so sometimes the flames come out as a method of venting.

                          As for pricing: certain things indeed should have the cost reduced, examples being bag space which the original voucher cost was not reduced when the conversion to bound balens came into effect. Relatively new items should be full price, other items eventually should become available for purchase through bound balens at some point in time. As of yet, this does not seem to have occurred, especially concerning mounts. This isn't whining, it's simple logic.

                          Hammers are the current gripe, as those who do not recharge must wait for the next Cross Server Guild Battles, which in turn frustrates to no end the smaller guilds which do not qualify for the event as most players become sheep and all go to the top 2 guilds in the server presuming the number one does not have room to accept all the applicants. If a class advanced player in one of these smaller guilds that is unable or unwilling to pay real money for hammers wishes to Holy Forge at some point, they have a choice between hoping that they become available through an event at some point, or "leaving home" to avoid falling so far behind as to become considered second rate. Sad, but that's more or less what triggered the slow road to leaving Wartune that now has me running one of the smaller guilds, because the other members of the leadership said "pluck it."
                          IGN: TreeTopper
                          Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
                          Guild: ESKReborn
                          Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
                          Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zerotoohero View Post
                            I feel like ther's a war between , cashers , and non-cashers , you can't play the game without cashers , and you also can't play it without non-cashers , let take a simple example , in bg you will always need a monster that got points to make your team win , and kill spawn campers , and by the other side you need weak players ( non-cashers) to get those points . How ever every one has his own opinoin
                            i'm in no way saying there is not a point to non-cashers they do have a place in the game bt same being ssaid does not mean cashers owe others anything ya some can be full of them self but this does not mean the cashers have to or should help weaker people just because they are below them the account still belongs to the casher and should be played how they choose

                            it a matter of non-cashers need the cashers in the game just as much as they need others cuz there is no game with out both but it for each to play there own game other wise peoplemight as well all have pre set accounts with same stuff
                            CS Server Rinulka Peninsula
                            name RubyRed
                            type priest

                            WT S5 ..................WT S144
                            Name gippal .........Name backlash
                            Type Mage ...........Type Archer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                              One day, they might give us events that offer hammers. I assume another few months. You know what happens when you assume something though.....
                              One day.. when hard cashers (the ones who actually buy from hot events vulcan hammers and stoves) will have forge maxed.. maybe just then they`ll start to give a little more easy, just maybe I`m happy we can get a good amount of hammers from cross server gb, if r2 hasnt decided to change it.
                              Player: sunshinε
                              Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
                              Guild: LostSouls


                              Class: Knight
                              Level: 80
                              Battle Rating: 498k






                              Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X