Gaia or Athena?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia or Athena?

So assuming both have very similar stats/stars which has more value to you?

Gaia (being Hades evo) or Athena?

Have to think about Pet arena, skytrail, BG, reg arena...
    Archer hoarder

Gaia in my opinion
    IGN: igors0698
    Class: mage
    Level: 59
    BR: 118k+
    Server: R2games 391

Comment

I would say Gaia. If just doing arena, athena would be better, imo because of the area attacks.

Comment

outlook - athena
        in practical - gaia
        my opinion- why not both XD
        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
        IGN: Kimwong
        CLASS: Knight
        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

aegis (shoo everyone with your gaia!!!!!!)

both are great, but i think aegis has a nice bloodthirsty skill which already makes him good at weaker levels. therefore it seems to me slightly better at skytrail and necro (and future necro). aegis is mage kill, athena is knight killer so for bg you could decide which one you have most difficult with

Comment

Aegis has more single target attacks and debuffs but it isn't a dps sylph (herc and cerberus both outperform it in dps). In arena, it's good to have both on your team so that you benefit from the debuffs and from the aoes. The heal attack makes Aegis (Gaia) potent in 1 vs 1, although its popularity nerfs it a bit (lots use it so lots have res against it). In sky trail, neither will help you dps-wise, but it is good to have at least one for when your dps sylph is fighting at a disadvantage (Herc has a harder time vs wind and vs electro, so having Aegis or Athena to swap in will help you there. Aegis might be a little better for Sky Trail if you need the extra heal).
            I'd say which one you go with depends on what events you value the most and what classes you fight most often. If sylph arena and normal 4 vs 4 arena are your favorites, Athena's aoes will probably have more appeal. Aegis' debuffs make it good support in arena and its single target attacks give it a bit more punch in 1 vs 1. The heal attack is pretty OP except when fighting someone with high pdef or high dark res (or both).
            Last edited by KS222; 02-01-2015, 07:08 PM. Reason: attack of the accidental emoticons!

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
              I would say Gaia. If just doing arena, athena would be better, imo because of the area attacks.
              Gaia has 2 AoE skills + 1 skill that targets always the enemy player.
              Has really nice Devour Soul which allows you to heal some significant amounts of HP and deal really huge damage (especially when you have low HP and Gaia's passive gives nice bonus damage - +3% damage per every 10% of HP lost).

Thanks to Gaia, I happen to do better in Sky Trail than many archers with my BR (or even higher) and Hercules (I'm a mage).
              Restoration and 2-3 Devour Soul while in sylph help me survive a few hits.
              There's a 430k archer with ~110k Gaia on my server who's on the same level in Sky Trail as other 500k archers with Hercules.

Comment

Working...
              X