Shadow players in crowded events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow players in crowded events

I've been thinking about a possible solution to reduce the lag in crowded event, such as the World Boss, BG or even Guild Battle. Instead of hiding all players like in Cloud City (which would be stupid, especially in BG/GB, because you need to see the other players to attack them and you need them to be "clickable"), maybe a "Shadow players" option would be nice.

You know that when you enter a fight or a new area, you see other players as foggy shadows before the games loads fully. Well, when that happens the game runs smoothly - a lot - at least for me. It would be really cool if those shadows could be implemented on purpose to reduce the lag.

The only big drawback about this would be that you won't be able to see other people's equipment and thus it would be difficult to define their strength in some way*. A possible solution for this could be implementing 3 shades of gray (not 50, just 3 - wink wink ) such as:

Light gray: player's BR is lower than yours;
    Normal gray: players' BR is almost same as yours;
    Dark gray: players' BR is higher than yours.

I don't know if three different colours at the same time could slow down the gaming performances, I'm not a programmer. Personally, I wouldn't care one bit to fight other people without knowing their strength, because I get shanked everytime anyway, so even just normal shadows without different hues would be cool IMHO. At least, the gameplay would be smooth. Plus, on older servers everyone knows everyone so that wouldn't be a problem.

This could be used in:
    - Battleground/Sacred thingy or whatever it's called (risky*);
    - Guild Battle (<- a bit risky*, depends on how old the server is);
    - Cross Server Guild Battle (risky*);
    - World Boss;
    - Guild Tree;
    - Divine Altar;
    - Amethyst mine maybe?;
    - Wilds;
    - CC maybe, when doing maps for instance (for party).

The only place where i would not allow it is in-fight, because animations actually help understand what's going on.

Peace & love everyone. Take care.
Working...
X