Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guildies in BG's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guildies in BG's

Recently I got "taken to the woodshed" so to speak for fighting guildies in the bg's. Apparently this is a practice that is frowned upon in the guild I joined. While I like my guildmates, as far as I'm concerned there are no guildmates in the bg's. You're either on my team or you're my enemy. Period. And I make no apologies for that.

After a discussion with the GM, we straightened things out and it's all good but I was just wondering what your thoughts are on fighting guildies in the bg's. Yes or no?

That completely depends on your guild and your own feelings. I feel much the same way, I try to avoid attacking my fellow guildmates because there are alot of them that dont like it and look down upon it. When it comes down to it though Honor and Insignia no matter who they go to within the guild are beneficial. Whats best for the members is also whats best for the guild in my own thoughts.
    Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

Battleground = Fights between two teams. If we don't fight, how much can we gain honor? If we don't fight, others will attack our guild mates. So, their pick: To be preyed upon by others or helping another guild mate gain honor.
      When I'm in the winning team, I run carts. In the losing team, I attack to get honor, that's all.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I totally agree with you.
        you see you have to explain to them.
        when both are fighting the BG, the start blaming you for attacking them because you are stronger and can kill them in 2 round.

You have to explain to them that they are just weak, and when in a BG, you are looking to win also, if you just let them cart and win, then what's the point of a battleground.
        they blame you because they think you can attack someone else instead of them,

see the point is this, you need to explain to them that it's a battleground for a reason, this is the ONLY place you get to fight guildies and not only that, if you don't attack them because they are fresh meat or new to the 41+ bracket
        someone else will attack them anyway, at least getting killed by you is faster. even if you don't attack them, someone else will. just explain to them that it's not personal, you are killing people as a first come first attacked basis and it's not because you are picking on them, why should you wait for a kill when you have a fight in front of you?

Personally, i fight to get honor and to win for my team, on the other hand, i do tend to avoid guild mates not because of some guild rule or reason, purely for the fact that i want to avoid this whole yelling in the guild hassle kind of thing.
        but i do attack a guildie sometimes because there are just no one else around, and when 5 , 7 people of the 15 is part of your guildies on the other team, are you suppose to avoid them all? why are you in battleground then?

on my server, my guild is actually the #1 guild is because we literally own 70% of the server, because 70% of the active people is in our guild, that could be why...
        Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

I think this is a pretty touchy subject. From my experiences, the people in the guilds that I've joined so far are always against something like this, often complaining in the guild chat if another guildmate attacks the members. However, I agree when people say that if the enemy team consists mainly of guildmates that it's okay to fight them. After all, how else are you going to try and win? I wouldn't hold anything against my guildmates if they did that to me; it would be understandable, given that kind of situation.
          In-Game Name: Drayga
          Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
          Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
          Class: Knight

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Wow you guys sound like awesome guild members. Maybe if they add higher lvl battlegrounds this would be ok. How do you think spanking a guild mate who could be 20 lvls lower than you is a good idea. Well it just shows your completely selfish. You want to stunt the progress of your guildies? Make them hate you and doing bg?
            Remember bg is not a just about end result. If your guildies cant collect treasure they are suffering. Also in my experience bg wins balance out over time. All you are doing is making people hate you for f all end result.
            Why be in your guild if you view them as a soft target to better your own game. I would leave a guild with some of you guys in it... or kick you in a heart beat.
            If you cant rely on guild members to assist you in your game then why be in the guild. I bet your also the sort of people who abandon guild mates in pvp arena to set up with strongest players from other guilds. Shame on you

Stop pretending. Help your guildies gain advantage over non guildies or keep massaging your OVERSIZED EGO. It's your choice....

Comment

~.~ so far i played bg i just do transportation even i am lvl 48... still get myself a champion to buy 45 set in time..im happy no one hate me =D

Comment

it really depends on your members.. my members when near death they ask guildmates to kill them so other players won't kill them and wont get any honor.. and if the fight reached below 5 minutes we fight each other to earn more HONOR..

IGN: Aran
                Level: 45
                Server: [S40] The Badlands
                Guild: Elites
                IGN: Aran
                [S40]The Badlands
                Class: Archer
                Guild Master of Elites
                Level: Currently 48 as of 11-06-12

Comment

Originally posted by Harmbringer View Post
                  Wow you guys sound like awesome guild members. Maybe if they add higher lvl battlegrounds this would be ok. How do you think spanking a guild mate who could be 20 lvls lower than you is a good idea. Well it just shows your completely selfish. You want to stunt the progress of your guildies? Make them hate you and doing bg?
                  Remember bg is not a just about end result. If your guildies cant collect treasure they are suffering. Also in my experience bg wins balance out over time. All you are doing is making people hate you for f all end result.
                  Why be in your guild if you view them as a soft target to better your own game. I would leave a guild with some of you guys in it... or kick you in a heart beat.
                  If you cant rely on guild members to assist you in your game then why be in the guild. I bet your also the sort of people who abandon guild mates in pvp arena to set up with strongest players from other guilds. Shame on you

Stop pretending. Help your guildies gain advantage over non guildies or keep massaging your OVERSIZED EGO. It's your choice....
                  Your name and your words don't match...
                  So do you know the requirements for the lvl55 set? Aside from how many insignias you need to get it? It's about 5k by the way.
                  If it happens to require something like Elite Warrior honor rank to wear it, would you still run carts? The honor gain from cart running only is not enough for that you know.
                  Unless you fall into the winning team every time BG occur, you'll never reach it by the time you get to 55.
                  Stay at 39 and farm honor you may say, but not that many player want to do that (farming on the weak, that is).
                  And here's the thing, my guild is the 1st ranked guild in my server, our frequently active members are about 4 times of that the 3rd ranked guild. And 75% the top 20 consists of our members, including myself. The BG usually flooded with our guild members. So, no one attacks anyone then?
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Just for the record, the ones who were complaining about it the loudest were players who could have killed me anyhow. I wasn't just attacking "soft" targets.

Comment

fighting guildies in BG is actually quite fun we do it all the time just to see where we rank in comparison to each other its like a competition in my guild for bragging rights
                      giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
                      server 164 brighthollow
                      class : archer
                      current level : 54
                      favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        Your name and your words don't match...
                        So do you know the requirements for the lvl55 set? Aside from how many insignias you need to get it? It's about 5k by the way.
                        If it happens to require something like Elite Warrior honor rank to wear it, would you still run carts? The honor gain from cart running only is not enough for that you know.
                        Unless you fall into the winning team every time BG occur, you'll never reach it by the time you get to 55.
                        Stay at 39 and farm honor you may say, but not that many player want to do that (farming on the weak, that is).
                        And here's the thing, my guild is the 1st ranked guild in my server, our frequently active members are about 4 times of that the 3rd ranked guild. And 75% the top 20 consists of our members, including myself. The BG usually flooded with our guild members. So, no one attacks anyone then?
                        Elite warrior is only 10k honor. Most people reach it long before lvl 55. Insignia is not a problem if you stick with the 30/14 day medallions. Ok, you have to do an arena a day maybe.

I also stated that bg's tend to balance out in terms of wins. You will often end up on the losing side no matter how hard you try (guildies you kill). Unless ofc you are one of those annoying people who fill 2 teams with alts and gets alts to afk the team your main isn't on.... So often your killing of guild mates was for nothing.

I have exactly the same thing being in a top guild that often floods bg. Hell maybe we are in the same guild. Have people who use this same logic to satisfy their needs. Even though I have ability to kill these people I cart if no non-guildies. Silly me. However, guild chat never turns into rage hate because I choose to collect carts does it lol.

Sure if your targeting guildies of similar strength, have fun. Though from what you have said i'm 100% sure you attack the weakest guildie you can.

Your reply demonstrates what i'm saying perfectly. You might as well just have said "I WANT, I NEED AND TO HELL WITH OTHERS. Its ok though. I'm nice really (insert stupid smilely face of choosing)."

Comment

Originally posted by 御萧xXLJXx View Post
                          I totally agree with you.
                          you see you have to explain to them.
                          when both are fighting the BG, the start blaming you for attacking them because you are stronger and can kill them in 2 round.

You have to explain to them that they are just weak, and when in a BG, you are looking to win also, if you just let them cart and win, then what's the point of a battleground.
                          they blame you because they think you can attack someone else instead of them,

see the point is this, you need to explain to them that it's a battleground for a reason, this is the ONLY place you get to fight guildies and not only that, if you don't attack them because they are fresh meat or new to the 41+ bracket
                          someone else will attack them anyway, at least getting killed by you is faster. even if you don't attack them, someone else will. just explain to them that it's not personal, you are killing people as a first come first attacked basis and it's not because you are picking on them, why should you wait for a kill when you have a fight in front of you?

Personally, i fight to get honor and to win for my team, on the other hand, i do tend to avoid guild mates not because of some guild rule or reason, purely for the fact that i want to avoid this whole yelling in the guild hassle kind of thing.
                          but i do attack a guildie sometimes because there are just no one else around, and when 5 , 7 people of the 15 is part of your guildies on the other team, are you suppose to avoid them all? why are you in battleground then?

on my server, my guild is actually the #1 guild is because we literally own 70% of the server, because 70% of the active people is in our guild, that could be why...
                          See i don't agree here completely.

What i hate is the fact that you get less honor killing a SOFT target a easy prey than you do if you kill someone your strenght or better, and yet if it is for honor they kill why do they not hunt the targets who brings more honor? the fact is which is why i hate you get honor at all for killing and nothing for carting is that it makes people hunt the weak for easy honor caring nothing about the BG shards or the team just them self.

Actually we did a comparison at some point and it was clear for each easy prey kill you did would you have to do around 3 of them for 1 of the stronger players kill.

Even with Blessing was the honor you got going down.

But what i hate about BG is not the mentality of let the TEAM win but the mentality of lets bully the weak.

I seen players who on purpose skip all to hunt the weaker player on the other team, causing their own to loose because only thing THEY cared about was the low honor and need for bullying by killing those weak players.

Some times they even stood in front of your entrance just waiting letting all but those few weak past them.

And funny was the other stronger ones on our team avoided them and went carting or took the other team weaker members.

Basicly it became a bully party where the weak where preyed uppon getting no honor, no bg shards and nothing but seeing them self die time after time ruin the fun for many and brings really no fairness in the BG.

Yes then you will say but then the weak shouldn't go problem is many of the weak are non paying players who can't afford tons of refining crystals, balens to make refining easy as well as socket rods to make sure they can get 3 gems in each, buy the best gems and daru to make sure they can get the units up fast.

The way i see it the system should have been build better instead of how it is, as it makes it easy for people to bully around and come with lame escuses for why they can do such, knowing they ruin the fun of BG for others. Heck when i joined BG at 30 and 40 did i get no honor and no shards for ages beside what i got when the team won or lost. it was not until i had the pvp set 35 i actually stood a chance and now i am working for pvp 45. Fact is i never got a cart done due to every time i came out was i killed even with druid blessing did i never stand a chance the second i won a fight someone else came running.

Originally posted by Bazinga34 View Post
                          Just for the record, the ones who were complaining about it the loudest were players who could have killed me anyhow. I wasn't just attacking "soft" targets.
                          See i like you now lol.

Anyway I have same feeling here.

In my guild the rules are simple.

If your against each other you are allowed to fight as long both have no problem. If a guildie says clear out they do not want their guildie member to hit them then we don't. Beside that anything goes it should be by choice nothing else, not force by the guild or forced by others pure choice.

As long both Guild members are fine with it they can fight what we don't like is if a guild member says i don't want you to fight me because we are same guild and the other keep doing it then we hit hard.
                          Last edited by Nimras186; 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM. Reason: Found and error lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bazinga34 View Post
                            True and it remains a personnal guild's choice

Comment

This whole argument is frankly silly. End of the day BG is about pvp. For those who are unaware of what pvp means it is player versus player. You do a BG you will be attacked by someone more powerful. Goes for guildies. I don't attack guildies unless they afk a BG that I'm in, they ask to be killed or its an accident. Do I care if I get attacked by a guildie? Not at all. I'm not going to whine in gc because I got attacked. I'm not going to whine because I get farmed by bigger players in BG. Why? Because I'm going to do the same thing later. Another question I hear that is silly. Why attack weaker players instead of stronger players? Weaker players won't give you as much honor thats true but you can kill more before dying and you can kill them FASTER meaning more overall honor gain. You don't want to get attacked in BG don't do it. Cry to R2 about implementing another way to get honor.
                              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                              BR: 67K
                              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X