Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Knight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I think the main reason most people think knights suck is because the people who think knights don't suck don't know how to build a knight properly and are giving horrible advice.

Tank knights are only good in the early levels and only then if you have a stat advantage against your foes. From level 40 onwards (when lv40 troops come into play), they're ridiculously awful. At that point, you need to spec into nearly full offense to be competitve at all, and you'll still probably suck.

It's only level 50+ where you get enough skill points to be BOTH a tank knight AND an offense knight AT THE SAME TIME that knights really become viable. Even then, you probably won't get enough skill points to really be GOOD until level 56 or so.

Once you get to level 56, however, assuming you built your knight and astrals right, it'll be the other classes that will feel underpowered (or at least archers. Mages have an advantage against knights due to knights' inherently low MDEF, of which you can only do so much to boost. Mage's low PDEF doesn't really make up for it for whatever reason, in my experience).
    Last edited by TiamatRoar; 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Senjuu View Post
      lol.. number one rank player in our server is GarterGirl and yes she is a knight.
      31 knights in Top 100 for Player Strength
      32 knights in Top 100 for Player Level
      yeah you are right. Number one rank in S1 Temple of Ibalize is Knight.

i see her astral. why he does not add block astral?

is it important to add block and hp astral?

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
        Honestly, I think the main reason most people think knights suck is because the people who think knights don't suck don't know how to build a knight properly and are giving horrible advice.

Tank knights are only good in the early levels and only then if you have a stat advantage against your foes. From level 40 onwards (when lv40 troops come into play), they're ridiculously awful. At that point, you need to spec into nearly full offense to be competitve at all, and you'll still probably suck.

It's only level 50+ where you get enough skill points to be BOTH a tank knight AND an offense knight AT THE SAME TIME that knights really become viable. Even then, you probably won't get enough skill points to really be GOOD until level 56 or so.

Once you get to level 56, however, assuming you built your knight and astrals right, it'll be the other classes that will feel underpowered (or at least archers. Mages have an advantage against knights due to knights' inherently low MDEF, of which you can only do so much to boost. Mage's low PDEF doesn't really make up for it for whatever reason, in my experience).
        Before 40, offense knights have the upper hand (actually, they hit stronger, more damage, more gold and daru to upgrade). Cause going all tanky at lower levels is not recommended (low HP, low damage, low everything), unless you throw a lot of $ in. Tank knights can only be actually good when they have lvl3 Reverse Damage.
        The only reason why I'm the best non cash tank knight in my server now, is because I used offense build pre 45. Where everything is about offense: WB, BG, Dungeons, Crypts. As long as you kill them fast, you're fine. But as we level up, not everything can be solved through offensive approach anymore.
        Examples:
        -Badlands with a full offense party = fail. 4k bleed is seriously bad. No way you can kill Apocalyse Shadow before the thing bleed you to death. MAGEs are absolutely needed
        (unless you want to use all of your lvl5 healing runes).
        -Garden of Death: Yadolar is a buff spamming machine. 50% reflect every 3~4 turns, 2k bleed on 2 party members. Clones itself when near death! At least 1 MAGE and 1 ARCHER are needed and 1 KNIGHT (should be either tank or offense). Recommend 2 mages.
        You see there, knights are almost unneeded until lvl50. And hey, people usually give up on their knights before lvl40. So as we get stronger, knights are just as desirable as mages and archers.
        But Tiamat, you are right about later in game though. Knights rule.
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by Yukkitamain View Post
          yeah you are right. Number one rank in S1 Temple of Ibalize is Knight.

i see her astral. why he does not add block astral?

is it important to add block and hp astral?
          it depends on the build actually.. i have seen some knights with Pdef, Mdef, disable crit and illusion.. some substitutes illusion with decrease damage by %..
          i don't know about gartergirl but i have seen a couple of knights in the rankings with block astral, i think taking advantage of the enhanced block skill.. )

Wartune Retired
          IGN: Senjuu
          Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
          Guild: Immortals

Yitien
          IGN: Senju
          Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
          Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

I'm a non casher player

My Guide/s:

File a support ticket here:

Comment

Of course Knight is the strongest I have noticed that it gets more stats for each level up. However, the one main down fall is it attacks one target at a time. I see many knights wanting to play def. Don't get me wrong def is great. But I have seen some knight where I couldn't do any damage to them and the fight last a long time. They have all this def but little attack. I fought this one knight yes it was below 50 but higher then 45. The fight lasted to the 5th round and almost went into the 6th round. I would like to see what they are doing on the japanese servers to make knight a monster. I have come up with a strategy that will make a high level knight (above 60) unkillable in the battle ground, however, its not about def for the strategy I have worked up.

Comment

*Sighs* How many people are going to say the knight sucks? The knight does not suck...period. Only knights that suck are poor builds. You have the wrong guild skills, astrals, refined stats and skills...then yes your knight sucks. Early on you can be a tank and be successful. I did but I regretted that simply because it stunted my growth. Pre 40 I would highly recommend going offensive to gain that gold/daru for your astrals and guild skills and your troops. You lvl to 40 and have low 20s knights/angels then yes you will struggle. I have seen 2 different knights on S6 in the top 10 in WB and one ended top 4 I think and the other stayed in the top 10. Knights can get double hits in WB, that's not just open to mages and archers. Yes knights will struggle in the cata because of our mdef and lack of aoe damage. No knights do not struggle in BG. I am a non-casher knight and I have been MVP in BG before and when I'm in the mood I usually have 10+ kills per BG. Also in the top 20 maybe 25 in honor for the server. There are some mages I can't beat and some archers I can't beat but there are plenty I own...even cashers. The knight does not suck.
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Here you have a guide for Knight Tank build. If you afford purchasing balens, you will get even stronger.
                Link: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....sh-Tank-Knight
                Last edited by TheAngelito; 11-03-2012, 01:12 AM.

Feel free to join

Comment

knights are awesome |: im lvl 38 and i get mvp 9 /10 times in 30-39 bg.. im not even a buyer.

Last edited by _-R-_; 11-03-2012, 06:30 PM.

If only this forum allowed signatures for normal accounts like every other forum on the interwebs.

Comment

yea tank knights r bettr aftr lvl 40 i hav a knight at lvl 40 with pdef of 5k i can kill lvl 44

Comment

Originally posted by @runn View Post
                      yea tank knights r bettr aftr lvl 40 i hav a knight at lvl 40 with pdef of 5k i can kill lvl 44
                      lol my 36 knight kill everyone 36-40, kill archers 40-44, n kill mages 50/50 40-44
                      class balance ****
                      cash - noncah balance ****

so game ****? - ye

dont choose mage, bcs mage sux class!

Comment

Working...
                      X