Balance runes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance runes

Some runes, especially guardian and chaos, are OP specifically because they can be used to troll a skill after it is cued. As this seems to be cause of much frustration, it seems the simplest way to fix it is to nerf rune speed or make it so that runes cannot work on a skill already cued (you see that with amnesia; if it blocks an already cued skill, sometimes the player can use the skill and sometimes it makes the game bug out and locks the whole skill bar).

I believe this would reduce much of the anger over guardian and chaos runes, since they are often used to troll a skill already cued. This form of balancing would be easier to implement than removing the runes or altering their function. It would leave players with full use of the runes they invested their in game resources in. The only difference would be the runes could no longer be used to instantly nerf a delph or steal a heal.

this will cause problems in a lot more areas in pvp and pve

No more transform > brutal rune > slyph skills in world boss

No more jamming a heal rune or guardian rune in sky trail necropolis or bosses that would be undoable if this is implentmented

In fact the entire rune system will be sort of a white elephant since u do not even nid to pay attention to when u nid to use a rune what skills ur enemy is using

that entire segment of tatics will dissappear

btw u forgot to mention ammensia rune which could stun u for 3 turns by a knight ( who complain the most ) if used correctly

Comment

You'd still need to pay attention. Many players follow predictable patterns. Its pretty easy to guess when someone is about to sylph. Its very easy to spot someone wanting to amnesia troll your sylph round. Dps sylphs have obvious tells for when a hard hit or delph is coming.

Reducing casting speed would fix some of the exploits players benefit from, like the fast skills in sylph form one you referenced. You can still jam that guardian rune or heal rune, just have to actually pay attention to when the boss buffs. If anything, it would make you think more...or just cause many players who don't want to think in a strategy game to just randomly spam ****...oh wait, many already do.

That amnesia "stun" is an exploit. Its not one anyone will likely get banned for using since its hard to prove it didn't happen by accident and since R2/7Road's enforcement of many known exploits is a joke.

It is simply one possible way to balance OP rune effects, especially ones that disproportionately harm one class. Do you have a better way to balance it?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeptone View Post
        this will cause problems in a lot more areas in pvp and pve

No more transform > brutal rune > slyph skills in world boss

No more jamming a heal rune or guardian rune in sky trail necropolis or bosses that would be undoable if this is implentmented

In fact the entire rune system will be sort of a white elephant since u do not even nid to pay attention to when u nid to use a rune what skills ur enemy is using

that entire segment of tatics will dissappear

btw u forgot to mention ammensia rune which could stun u for 3 turns by a knight ( who complain the most ) if used correctly
        Except you don't need to transform > brutal rune > sylph skill in wb to get double hits to work, so not much of a problem.

Comment

Nurf Amnesia rune while u at it when it goes on me it freezes me and I can not use any skills for 2 turns.
          WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

Guild Name: Legends

Class : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFrenzy View Post
            Nurf Amnesia rune while u at it when it goes on me it freezes me and I can not use any skills for 2 turns.
            With this post you actually made me think about something, ks idea could fix amnesia too and i'm not talkin about the stun part which is the only time that amnesia kinda work, amnesia is a 3 turn rune that works for 2 if it doesn't stun. Sadly r2 can't do anything and 7road won't ever read this thread so we'll just have to deal with a broken amnesia.

Comment

Working...
            X