All in good fun... but seriously FYI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in good fun... but seriously FYI

I am not saying that I am perfect far from. And I also understand a bit of language barriers as this is a global game.

But just as an FYI:

SPELL CHECK AND GRAMMAR will be your best friends here. It will give everyone a better and clearer understanding of what you mean or on talking about.

This is NOT toward any one specific person. Just a general aspect.

The " I 2 can haz cheezeburger" doesn't apply here...

Have fun.

"Smile it confuses people and makes your butt tingle"

spell check lol, u must be joking

Comment

HAHA I just found an error in my own post.... LOL.... See I'm not perfect.

Comment

what is you taking abut? pls no post what peoples dont' car
        IGN: AncientEvil
        Server: EU-271+merged
        Class: Archer
        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

that would perhaps apply to English language countries.
          But in case of European server (and perhaps Oceanic), a lot of players (in mine, Romanian seems to most common) try their best to write what they think is correct English (or hope )
          what make me laugh is the players i have the most trouble to understand are English native player who use some variation (there is a Welsh in our guild, nice guy, but so hard to understand sometimes XD)
          RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
          Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

It wasn't meant as a negative thing I know that there are language barriers... But with that spelling and Grammar have a lot to do with the clear understanding. At least on the forums... Ultimately just try the best you can. I am from the USA and I BUTCHER my grammar and spelling all the time... I have to have others read my papers before I turn them in. And I am in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxiepoo View Post
              It wasn't meant as a negative thing I know that there are language barriers... But with that spelling and Grammar have a lot to do with the clear understanding... Ultimately just try the best you can. I am from the USA and I BUTCHER my grammar and spelling all the time... I have to have others read my papers before I turn them in. And I am in college.
              It reads as "I too can have cheeseburger" for me..
              "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
              Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
              Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

I'm French and i learned most of the English i know from Internet
                at first, you learn a lot, try to remember it and correct it for the next time.
                after some time, when people understand you, you stopped making efforts.
                All you will learn are new words or expressions.

in a game, few will correct other people mistakes.
                A guild mate is always writing "XXX hear?" when i'm quite sure he want to say "XXX here?"
                It's still understandable so no one bother
                RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Imonseph View Post
                  It reads as "I too can have cheeseburger" for me..
                  It's a joke... from an internet thing featuring a fat cat...

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
                    that would perhaps apply to English language countries.
                    But in case of European server (and perhaps Oceanic), a lot of players (in mine, Romanian seems to most common) try their best to write what they think is correct English (or hope )
                    what make me laugh is the players i have the most trouble to understand are English native player who use some variation (there is a Welsh in our guild, nice guy, but so hard to understand sometimes XD)
                    Yeah we have a lot Romanian players too some are better than other in at English. One of my friends in game English is really good it easy to forget that it is his second language and only the odd words is used on the wrong context he would say I am taking a break but break would be brake. I had a few people try speaking to me in French and Germain which I do not speak at all that can be awkward.

DarkMeph
                    Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

This is how it started and just exploded... I can haz cheezeburger....

http://mentalfloss.com/article/16205...as-cheezburger

Comment

A broken english is better than a broken non-english, have you seen them?
                        It's bad enough the game doesn't have google translate or even copy paste.
                        I rather have bad english than watching 10 languages with 500 different variations.
                        [morfinnor]
                        Temple of Ibalize

Comment

does it really matter if its broken or not? as long as u understand it.................
                          R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
                          Class : Archer
                          Guild : •OneŽ•
                          LvL : 80
                          Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                          BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

I can haz cake?!

I do make allowances for people's bad English and grammar, after all, we can't all be English... but "any wont 80 boos", "atool boos" can be really annoying after a while!
                            Wartune
                            IGN: Decima
                            Guild: Elysium
                            Server: S5 (Europe)
                            Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
                            IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
                            Server : 59 (Europe)
                            Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
                              I can haz cake?!

I do make allowances for people's bad English and grammar, after all, we can't all be English... but "any wont 80 boos", "atool boos" can be really annoying after a while!
                              LOL finally someone gets the point of this... While a lot of it is forgivable you would think that after (specially on a US Server) that they would pick up on it after a while. I am not going for PERFECT. After all I make plenty of mistakes. Hell even in my original start post i made an error and left it and admitted it. But especially here on the forums... paying more attention to grammar and spelling can go a long way. There are a couple I have to read comments and responses to get the jist of what is being said.

I haz cookiez! You sharez your milk wif me pweez?!

Comment

Working...
                              X