Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest issue why everyone complaining about needing server merges is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest issue why everyone complaining about needing server merges is...

The reason is because their too many servers being made and the population has been spread out way too much. Too many people want to be number 1 and end up jumping from server to server. That's even why S1 is complaining because everyone just decides to move on to another server. Granted it's way too late in the game to fix this issue now. Too many people be upset if you just deleted servers or merged them all into one a few big ones, but what is needed to happen now is to stop making servers. Yes, it's a good fast money maker for the company. However, the longer term it will actually hurt there profits since people will eventually quit the game. If there was no more than say 50 servers at most the population would be healthy. There would be no need for server merges and no one would be complaining about dead servers. My rant will do nothing but just wanted to give my view point on why this game seems so "dead".

That explains a lot. With all the new server making they could use that time to merge servers instead.

Comment

Sadly this has been the R2 Business model from the very start. Keep making new servers to catch the whales, while mergeng servers taht go below a certain limit. This limit however is often times too late to help servers. The whole business model is basically fast cash with no long term strategy.

Comment

Yeah. It also seems that the whales are territorial as well. They can't be on the same server together for long.

They end up bleeding each other's wallets til one of them quits. And then you have a mad exodus off of the server again to new servers where they can again reign supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by thisdude View Post
          Yeah. It also seems that the whales are territorial as well. They can't be on the same server together for long.

They end up bleeding each other's wallets til one of them quits. And then you have a mad exodus off of the server again to new servers where they can again reign supreme.
          That's not really true. Situation is bad enough on some servers that its the biggest cashers who are asking for the merges, not being territorial. Take a look at the S1 thread. Highest three cashers on S1 and highest three cashers on S162 were posting in that thread arguing for a merge. That's not whales being territorial. And people quitting now on those servers are not moving to new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kessar View Post
            That's not really true. Situation is bad enough on some servers that its the biggest cashers who are asking for the merges, not being territorial. Take a look at the S1 thread. Highest three cashers on S1 and highest three cashers on S162 were posting in that thread arguing for a merge. That's not whales being territorial. And people quitting now on those servers are not moving to new ones.
            And I see that with my server as well. The major whale on mine is the loudest voice for a merge. My point about that is this,
            if or when that merger happens, the whales that were considered "whales" on their own respective servers, if they cannot keep up with the others after the merge, tend to move on to new servers and start fresh

I've seen this happen almost every single merge my server has had. We had a what we thought of as a "heavy casher", until after the merge, then we see what heavy cashing really is with some uber deep pocketed heavy spender
            taking over. The original "whale" has to move on to be considered uber again.

This has happened almost every single time my server was merged.

Comment

And I see that with my server as well. The major whale on mine is the loudest voice for a merge. My point about that is this,
              if or when that merger happens, the whales that were considered "whales" on their own respective servers, if they cannot keep up with the others after the merge, tend to move on to new servers and start fresh

I've seen this happen almost every single merge my server has had. We had a what we thought of as a "heavy casher", until after the merge, then we see what heavy cashing really is with some uber deep pocketed heavy spender
              taking over. The original "whale" has to move on to be considered uber again.

This has happened almost every single time my server was merged.
              That might be the case for new servers, but not really for old ones. The heavy spenders who have been playing for 1-2 years, if not longer, aren't going to new servers and having competition won't make them do that.

Comment

The 3 higher cashers on S1 and the top casher on S162 are asking for their servers to be merged.

If the merger happen we will have to share ... we know that, and still ask firmly for our servers to be merged .. hardly a territorial attitude.

S1 is the older r2 server .. people left in the first year to go on other servers, mainly in different time zone servers. Now, nearly 3 years on, when someone leave it's for another game (generally as far away as possible from r2), specially cashers.
                ValKitteh - S1
                "The Town Hall is outside"

Comment

Working...
                X