Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST WAY to beat 3 mage team?

No trolling please, help suggestions appreciated

if you are facing 3 mages with 10/11k+mtk each and 20k+ hp each. 6k pdef and 7kmdef. how do you deal with them?

Here are some ways i came up and thought might work against those strong mages team.

1st way, i thought knight with lv. 1 intercept would cancel at least 1 ROF.
    - Pros, this would prevent at least 1 ROF from being fired off ,and the reason to leave it at lv. 1 intercept is lv. 2+ requires QTE and takes longer to fire off so preventing you from stopping the first ROF.
    - this way would preventing your team from dying in the 3rd round and possibly give you a chance to kill a mage before they can fire off 2nd aoe.
    -this way is just at least one knight with lv. 1 intercept and the other 2 just need be 2 strong dps.

2nd way, have a 3 archers team all use deep freeze, this would ensure to hit the last row , if lucky will kill one mage if not at least slows the mage 100%, haven't test this yet, so not sure if this will delay the mage from casting 2nd aoe before they wipe you with it. honestly i'm not sure how well deep freeze work in pvp. i seen on 1v1 deep freeze can really help you take an extra turn and do a extra shot in. but in group arena i haven't notice that much difference in how fast your enemy respond. probably need further testing and seems to work on paper.

3rd way, a mixture of 1 knight and 2 mage to best versus 3 mages. i'm thinking the knight will keep lv. 1 intercept to stop one ROF and your team will ROF them. your knight will keep on intercept asap while your own mage can be either one healing to keep the knight going or both going dps to try to out dps them. your knight will have the job of keep on taking their rage. mage's weakness is their ability to regain rage fast. if you take 30 rage instantly from them with a lv. 1 intercept , it would take them 2 turns before they can aoe again. by then hopefully you killed them.

ANYWAY, the reason i'm asking for helpful suggestions is today i tested out a 3 mage arena build i truly realized what kind of MONSTER OP I created. and realized what the whole fuzz and complain was about. All 3 mages open up with ROF will do around 20k to a 5k mdef archer. even a 6k archer would still take 17k dmg or so around there. considering 1 round would drop you below 50% at lv. 50+ group arenas, lighting bolt 2nd round would finish you off, if you don't die by 2nd round 3rd round meteor will kill your whole team. so if they can last 2 or 3 round. they can wipe your whole team within 2 , 3 round. it does seems VERY OP. some group dies on 1 round. i'm not saying it's broken or anything, i'm just asking for suggestions as to how to counter a 3 "STRONG" cashier mage team?

any helpful suggestions and insight also on my 3 counters would be helpful.
    thank you
    Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

With Archers going down after level 50 and Knights only get better after 60 AGAINST Mages. I'd say no matter what you do CURRENTLY can not get you out of a 3 Mages room.
    Last edited by DeathRiver; 11-06-2012, 04:16 AM.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

3 knights beats 3 mages

Comment

Originally posted by Zoez1 View Post
        3 knights beats 3 mages
        3 knights get fried by 3 mage. normally the knights i've seen at 50+ all have like 8k pdef but less mdef. they got lik 6k+ mdef and that's it.

3 rof would reduce them to ashes in round 1. well basically they would get fried within 3 round too.

3 archers like i suggested in my 2nd way might work though.

Comment

3 knights spec'd 4 pts in ww with 6k mdef, everything dies in the 3rd round, i've seen it. 3 whirlwinds hitting for 10k ea = 30k dmg to each enemy. Open with slasher, auto atk second turn, ww 3rd. gg. did it with 2 other strong knights and completely dominated. The big trick to it all is getting to right around 5.5-6k mdef to survive til ww. Didnt have an issue.

Comment

you dont beat a 3 mage team. u let them have fun then u crush it later when ur higher.

Comment

3 knights spec'd 4 pts in ww with 6k mdef, everything dies in the 3rd round, i've seen it. 3 whirlwinds hitting for 10k ea = 30k dmg to each enemy. Open with slasher, auto atk second turn, ww 3rd. gg. did it with 2 other strong knights and completely dominated. The big trick to it all is getting to right around 5.5-6k mdef to survive til ww. Didnt have an issue.
              good suggestion. i seen knights do this. very strong knights. this could work. thank you.
              i seen one knights one whirlwind almost got them, except he was fried already. but it was a 1 knight 2 archer team.

but very good suggestion, 3 knights with high mdef and hit whirlwind definitely can work.

but by the same logic, can't 3 archers who have 6k mdef do the same thing with lunatic fire then? .....possible i suppose, but that require all 3 archer to crit within the 1st 2 rounds or else can't aoe until 4th round...lol

i see your point, very good idea. thank you for this.

Comment

People that play the knight class correctly won't be using WW. WW is a weak AOE that takes too much rage up. Points are better invested elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                  People that play the knight class correctly won't be using WW. WW is a weak AOE that takes too much rage up. Points are better invested elsewhere.
                  at low level yes it is weak but higher levels ww deals massive damage and it actually does more damage than the archers lunatic fire at higher levels
                  giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
                  server 164 brighthollow
                  class : archer
                  current level : 54
                  favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

ww is beastly if you put 4 pts in it. if you haven't tried it yet... i highly suggest you do. 5 pts in slash, 5 pts in ult, 3 pts in delph, 4 in ww, 1 in shield, and rest in passives. a majority of the knights defensive capabilty relies on hp. although knights at my lvl are beginning to pull away from other classes in the hp area, it all comes down to who puts more dmg on the board faster right now. 3 knights throwing out 90k dmg combined on the third turn is massive. your goal is to build so that you last until the 3rd atk. trust me and try it. i assure you its disgustingly nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by dethmatic View Post
                      at low level yes it is weak but higher levels ww deals massive damage and it actually does more damage than the archers lunatic fire at higher levels
                      Regardless their are much better points to use then maxing that skill up. It is a decent AOE higher than lvl 1. However, it costs a lot of rage and just overall doesn't work right in the long run. 3 tank knights at lvl 50+ all with reverse dmg and shield can most likely do better job at killing 3 mages than dps knights with WW.

Comment

ww is beastly if you put 4 pts in it. if you haven't tried it yet... i highly suggest you do. 5 pts in slash, 5 pts in ult, 3 pts in delph, 4 in ww, 1 in shield, and rest in passives. a majority of the knights defensive capabilty relies on hp. although knights at my lvl are beginning to pull away from other classes in the hp area, it all comes down to who puts more dmg on the board faster right now. 3 knights throwing out 90k dmg combined on the third turn is massive. your goal is to build so that you last until the 3rd atk. trust me and try it. i assure you its disgustingly nasty.
                        Knights arn't suppose to deal high massive amounts of dmg. You want dmg you go archer or mage. Your build will work before 45 but after 45 with the lack of def you have and the screwy build you won't last. Majority of knights knows to go the tank route since going tank will help you survive and prolong matches long enough so that you can win by having your opponents basically kill themselves.

Comment

sorry to disappoint you but i seen high level knights tossing out WW doing massive damage and yes they are all 50+. most of them have dual skills, so they can go massive dps aoe build or they go tanky build. but let me tell you, it rips through archer/mages alike. it does massive damage to low pdef people. i seen tanks trying to tank out mage aoes, it just doesn't work that well, reflect does 2k damage. 3 mage can hit you for 20k dmg in 1st round. each of them doing 6k+ on each rof. if you reflect only does 2k dmg to them while you taking 20k each time who do you think will last?

i seen dps knights build like the WW works well. i just never seen a 3 knight WW group yet on my server. that does sound like a good idea. ... fun. ^.^

Comment

Your build will work before 45 but after 45 with the lack of def you have and the screwy build you won't last
                            I'm lvl 55 :P

Comment

3 knight team can beat 3 mage team on 2 situation
                              all knights must have the following stats

Block,Pattk,Mdef,HP

following astral:
                              Pattk,Hp,Mdef,Block,Reduce damage by % or by number (aegis major level 5 is awesome)

round 1
                              mages: all 3 ROF

knights : 1 knight fires WW (ww is 1 very powerful skill if u guys underestimate it then i assure u that u will die),1 knight uses intercept lvl 1 and 1 knight uses reverse damage lvl 3

round 2:

Mages: all mages use thunderer

knights : all knights use slasher to build rage

round 3:
                              Knights : all knights use agoran's shield

Mages: still using thunderer to build rage

round 4: all knights and mages use slasher and thunderer to build rage

round 5: all knights use reverse damage
                              mages still with thunder

round 5: all knights use slasher

all mages use ROF (breaking the agoran's shield

round 6: all knights use WW again = dead mages

this is one situation (seen this happen once)

another is when we use runes which i don't like to use

i hate using runes and pots in PVP since i like to fight using my own strength not the power which is bought
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X