Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishy server activity

Hi everyone!

I write this post because I want to know if this is a common issue and hear your opinion.

I play on Kong-3 (or 5, or whatever it's called after all the merges we've had; Europe server anyway). Lately I've been looking for help in various occasions or simply looking for parties to do anything I wanted to but I failed. I have to admit I'm highly underpowered - became lvl 80 yesterday, BR around 250K - but it's never been so hard finding a party. I don't care about BRs, I don't care about lvls that much, I want to play for fun. People don't reply in world chat, they don't reply in guild chat and it's not just to me, it's a mass attitude. They don't wait for you when you schedule something in-game. It feels like the whole server is becoming more and more inactive but not because people quit, it's more like the don't care anymore. They still play but they're dormant.

Does this happen on every server? Is it the sign that the server is dying? Am I just logging in at the wrong time? How would you solve this problem?

PS: I know I should improve my BR, I'm aware of that 100% and I know that it might affect how appealing I look to powerful players. Sadly, this doesn't affect whimps alone. Furthermore, how can we improve our BR if nobody even replies to our requests? I mean, I can solo everything I can but what happens when I'm done and I need to play with other people? Serious replies, please.

I think there are a few factors at work. Players have been quitting at a faster rate than new players come along, the time required to keep up with the game just keeps increasing, and a lot of older players are feeling a little burnt out even if they're not ready to quit.

Plus, I know some of the more helpful players get bombarded with requests for help once they help some players once. So that compounds the problem, annoying the people who do help so they don't want to any more.

It all goes back to maintaining the ecosystem, which this game is really, really terrible at doing. It drives off the more casual, low to no cash new players (see the inventory thread for a major reason why), then the light cashers or exceptionally hardy players have no one to do mp stuff with unless older or richer players help out. If your server doesn't have a chance at a merge, it will slowly die out because there's just no way to get enough new blood in.

Comment

Originally posted by GiordanoT88 View Post

Does this happen on every server?
      I can ask for help with anything all day and never get help, this happens daily and im on a very active server(with some of the "best" players) and get denied help for anything.
      I've had to solo everything for months, and from what I can tell, my whole server hates me and hope that I quit playing

Comment

Easier to not respond than to say no, too. The usual request of "anybody for xyz?" seems like it's only looking for positive responses, eh?

A big part of it, too, is that people are cutting back/playing less (or busier with content), so that when they're online and not afk, they're looking to get their own runs done instead of helper runs.

That said, look for runs that are appropriate for your BR, or if you are looking directly for a carry, then explicitly say so (and your best bet for that is going to be guild ofc). You might catch some big guys in a rush and get lucky for stuff like tok. The stuff that's not limited to once/day though, is more an issue of who has time than "missing out" on rewards.
        Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 04-28-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

the only multiplayer thing I do now is Arena. and even that is becomming a lag-filled chore. I'm Level 80, 531K BR archer with all the sylph/lagdaemon crud. at this point, I usually help out the underpowered players by running with them. I don't care if I win or not, and they're just happy to get a strong 4th to be able to run at all.
          I run most stuff solo otherwise. tok easy, spire, inferno, maps(5 quick green), elemental forest(2 mobs and chest and done). I rarely run Nirvana-I just buy my 5 leggy stones from guild store for my last 2 pieces. I've pretty much stopped DI as well- I still need what is dropped, but tired of waiting on people. I want to play, not stare at the same old tired crummy graphics for 20 minutes while someone else finishes something else.

and then with all the new lag, it takes twice as long to finish everything.

plus, I'm on an older server, but for some ungodly reason , we seem to be getting noob players every day- something with a post generated on facebook player pages. That's a real scummy move on wartunes part. They get zero help , no established guild wants them, and they leave after 2 weeks with a very bad image of your company.
          If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

What I see on my server is we have lots of "dead times" where even the server tops can't fill a room. To get around this problem, the more active players have formed groups whenever possible to get all their stuff done in one go without having to hunt for a group. This cuts down on the number of carries for ToK and BI, since many of the strong ones do their run with their set group and then can't help due to no attempt.

It seems as the game becomes more of a time hog, more and more players are trying to cut back. They get everything they can done in an hour or two, then vanish til timed events that they need. There are also more players skipping events/mps due to the time crunch. They do the minimum "essential" dailies (which are different for different players) and opt out of the rest. That reduces the pool of players available to join runs.

A final factor I see is parasites. I hate to use such an incendiary term, but it is the best way to describe this particular type of player. They are the low BRs who never seem to improve, constantly do dumb stuff, fail to even use the useful skills for their class before their inevitable early demise. They always come uninvited to ToK nm and Elemental Forest nm runs (almost like they are stalking the rooms and jump in the second they see one open). If they put half as much effort into building their toon as they do into jumping into runs they are too weak for and demanding a carry, they'd be twice as strong.

To be clear, not all low BRs are parasites; some are players who are building up; they just need help while they get there. The parasites are the ones who are always taking but never seem to grow or learn. Its because they are always taking, always bugging the OPs for carries, that I mention them as a factor. They contribute to burn out because they are always demanding carries from those nice enough to help. They take spots that people who are actually trying to grow need. Their failure to improve tends to make helpers get disgusted and see helping anyone as a waste of time.

Comment

I'm finding myself playing matchmaker. Oh, you 3 people need help on the same thing? Why don't you help eachother? They all go to their respective rooms and won't venture into the others.
              IGN: Swinella
              Class: Mage
              lvl: 80
              BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
              Server: Kabam s79
              Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

1) I don't bother with help unless I *absolutely* have time. Leaving/AFK in the middle of "help" doesn't really "help" them.
                2) For runs, you make friends as you level and team up with them. You know their schedule and they know yours.
                3) Too much to do. Only do the essentials that important to you, and because you need a team, must be important to them too.

No your server is not dead but in reminiscing mode. Waiting for someone to organize for them because they're lazy f**kers.
                Just get the ones you can ask to be there for your runs. If folks can't organize themselves, what you'll have is a mess.
                They keep silent because they don't want to get blamed for making that mess.

EDIT: For your case, check point (2) and (3). I'm guessing most in your server thinks your stuff is not that important or they already have a solid team.
                Last edited by laba-laba; 04-29-2015, 02:17 AM.
                [morfinnor]
                Temple of Ibalize

Comment

case in point. I just logged on this morning. I'm on sever s133 for PC, so were are almost 3 years old.
                  we got yet another new guy spamming lobby invites every 20 seconds to run Garden of Death (normal) He's level 53, with a br of 13943. He has a hodgepodge of crappy unmatched equipment, and a half dozen gems of level 1 and 2 quality.

these players find our server because the game issues spams posts to your newsfeed if you play on the facebook platform.

I blacklist every single one I see. OUr guild will not admit them, it is unlikely they will find any help. I normally tell them that they are wasting their time and effort playing on our server and that they should take what they have learned already and start over on a new server where they will get help and bonus items.
                  If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

many old server are dying fast. (today, in WB 1 , we had 8 mage and 8 knight and at least 10 archer)
                    either you are in a team and do all you can with them or you suffer searching for team
                    the new stuff added (elemental), the modification on existing (no more naked tok), the lag from eudaemon (arena ... pain ...) mean everything take a hell lot or time.
                    few left to help unless on week end.
                    Even people who have group can find themselves in trouble when one quit. searching for a replacement can be a hell.
                    A player "looking for group" every day can ask whole day to get some runs
                    RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                    Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

imho its just a matter of numbers.

Wartune isn't an MMO as its not massive heh...

I remember starting playing final fantasy online like 3-4 years after it came out, there was so few players to play with but still a good crowd. Unfortunately for me, they we're all playing end-game stuff. I guess I just missed the boat ... Btw, I think that's why Wartune is pushing people to lvl 80 now.

Anyway, the players crowd is thin and there is a lot of events, hence requiring timing as well. So they must be online, need the said event AND be willing to go at the same time you are asking. Add to that fact that lots of people are able to solo a lot of party things so they don't even bother asking for parties...

Personally, I always ask before starting an event I can solo. I bring a few around, helping guildies grow and its not harder.

Comment

Originally posted by kdudeman23 View Post
                        I can ask for help with anything all day and never get help, this happens daily and im on a very active server(with some of the "best" players) and get denied help for anything.
                        I've had to solo everything for months, and from what I can tell, my whole server hates me and hope that I quit playing
                        I don't know if this applies to you, so don't get your knickers in a knot over it.

However, I have had people who spam invites at players hoping that the player will break and help them. I once had a guy inviting me for group arena over 30 times, even though I rejected each one. If you are one of these, then, yes, most people will want you dead.

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post
                          imho its just a matter of numbers.

Wartune isn't an MMO as its not massive heh...

I remember starting playing final fantasy online like 3-4 years after it came out, there was so few players to play with but still a good crowd. Unfortunately for me, they we're all playing end-game stuff. I guess I just missed the boat ... Btw, I think that's why Wartune is pushing people to lvl 80 now.

Anyway, the players crowd is thin and there is a lot of events, hence requiring timing as well. So they must be online, need the said event AND be willing to go at the same time you are asking. Add to that fact that lots of people are able to solo a lot of party things so they don't even bother asking for parties...

Personally, I always ask before starting an event I can solo. I bring a few around, helping guildies grow and its not harder.
                          More people tend to be faster also. Sure, I can solo a L80 elite monster in the Wilds, but with a couple of tagalongs, I get it done twice as fast.

Comment

I dont know if this is valid for many people or the ones on your server, but I, as a very old player and someone who doesnt need many things in game, have turned my back to a very big part of the multiplayer features for many reasons (i dont need some rewards or i find the time and effort to get them too much, dont like the lag like every other person, etc). Afaik Kong-5 is one of the strongest servers in general with lots of very high br players. Imagine how many things they want/need from mps.
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

I believe Charles Darwin's Natural selection theory works well here where only the hard cashers survive facilitated by cash events,while the F2P can't make it, esp the newer players, the conditions just facilitate quiting
                              Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
                              Maximizeâ„¢
                              Guess whose back with trouble?
                              ©S174

Comment

Working...
                              X