Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Merged Thread] Merge request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merged Thread] Merge request

I'm unable to find the thread for merge request, but US WEST 18 (kabam) which was merged with s21 over a year ago is in desperate need of a merge. My guild which is the top guild has about 20ish actives and 40 inactives which consist mostly of lvl 80 players. There is no competition in guild battle due to everyone leaving the game. The number 2 guild doesn't even last but 10 mins in guild battle and they have about 25-35 participants. All other guilds, they have maybe 2-3 ppl participating and sometimes not even that. This also makes it hard for everyone to get all their runs done without having others do a run multiple times to help others.

Hello Spanky28

*Equips hard hat, safety goggles and other safety equipment*

We have been informed that with the new forum outlay, they are no longer taking requests for server mergers. As I'm sure there were people spamming the threads (either with alternative log ins, or multiple times on the same one), that is not only the request threads, but also merge announcements, the bosses have found it would be a lot easier to look at each server as they are, and determine who 'needs' a merger, and who just 'wants' a merger.

Here are some pointers, that could 'possibly' lead you in the right direction:

Each character played, is counted as an 'active number'. So for example, if one person is playing a 'main' and about 5 alternative toon, this would be counted as 6 active players.
    This would also go for 'dead accounts'. That is, if someone quits, and someone else is running their toon. As you could imagine, seeing as it actually against ToS to do this, it is not recommended, but also counts as another active. Would be best just to let that character 'die' to help your server.

As we are not given the actual pre-requisites to the decision behind the merging of servers, we are not able to say what they are here in the forum. However, I believe it would be common sense, that the servers that NEED mergers are those with less active players for one.

I sincerely wish you luck, as well as all that feel they are in need of a server merge, and keep an eye on the News and Events forum with fingers crossed
    Retired Moderator.

Comment

I feel pain for test servers or some oceanic one.
      Some people are still connecting to them to either test the news feature or look at tomorrow event.
      Meaning they have more active player than they should have.
      RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
      Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_WTT View Post
        Hello Spanky28

*Equips hard hat, safety goggles and other safety equipment*

We have been informed that with the new forum outlay, they are no longer taking requests for server mergers. As I'm sure there were people spamming the threads (either with alternative log ins, or multiple times on the same one), that is not only the request threads, but also merge announcements, the bosses have found it would be a lot easier to look at each server as they are, and determine who 'needs' a merger, and who just 'wants' a merger.

Here are some pointers, that could 'possibly' lead you in the right direction:

Each character played, is counted as an 'active number'. So for example, if one person is playing a 'main' and about 5 alternative toon, this would be counted as 6 active players.
        This would also go for 'dead accounts'. That is, if someone quits, and someone else is running their toon. As you could imagine, seeing as it actually against ToS to do this, it is not recommended, but also counts as another active. Would be best just to let that character 'die' to help your server.

As we are not given the actual pre-requisites to the decision behind the merging of servers, we are not able to say what they are here in the forum. However, I believe it would be common sense, that the servers that NEED mergers are those with less active players for one.

I sincerely wish you luck, as well as all that feel they are in need of a server merge, and keep an eye on the News and Events forum with fingers crossed
        kong server 5/6/7/10 is in bad need of a merge. We have players, just very few who are actually active. I see lots of names in system messages getting good drops from guild altar or getting event mount from chest. When it comes to multiplayer runs though, there's scarcely a player in sight. 2 hours of arena, only 3 people in world chat looking for a team. Yes, some players have set groups, but that is still very quiet compared to 6 months ago. Used to be uncommon for world chat to be silent during the evening "prime time". Now, its quite common to go several hours without seeing much more than 1-2 mp invite links. It feels like we have more alts, campers, and semi actives artificially inflating our headcount than we have people actually playing the game. (I list campers only because they avoid xp and therefore opt out of many mps, making them less active than other players). More and more are quitting due to inability to get runs and all we hear from R2 is "its with the devs" or "you have a good enough population, you don't need a merge".

Can't help but be very angry they removed the merge request threads. R2 has hundreds if not thousands of players begging for a merge so that we can play the game the way it was intended to be played (rather than being forced to solo, run with "dead" toons or run with alts) and all we get in response is "we are no longer taking requests for server merges". Seems the only people who do listen are other players in the same boat and R2's army of volunteers (who have no power to actually effect change). Communication is close to zero, so it feels like they're just giving us all the finger, taking the money we spent, and laughing all the way to the bank while we're stranded on dead servers and being unfairly disadvantaged vs players on recently merged or active servers.

Comment

^^ what he said

armorgames s8 needs merge with other west coasts , coming from heavy casher #1 battle rating

Comment

ECS Merge Request

I can't find the merge request threads anywhere, so I'm putting in a request here. Please feel free to move it to where it really belongs, thanks.

Timezone: East Coast
            Server Platform: Kabam - S73
            Last merger: 08/06/2014 (as far as I remember.)
            Number of mergers: 1
            Merged servers: S66, S73

Reasoning: More and more players are quitting by the week. A lot of our larger players on the server have and are going inactive. Most of the activity comes from ppl's alts sitting online, not really doing much. The #1 guild is even actively recruiting. Most days we can hardly get people to run dailies with, many intermingle guilds. More people, happier people, increase in balens recharge. A merge would be absolutely wonderful, it would be great if we can be looked at for the possibility. I'm afraid if nothing happens, more people will leave the game which in turn will force the rest to look elsewhere for entertainment.

Thanks!
            Last edited by ~Vishous~; 06-08-2015, 02:07 AM.
            ~Weak people revenge, Strong people forgive, Intelligent people ignore~

Comment

Good luck Vishous. Hopefully you get the merge you want and it works out for you and not against you. We have been through 3 and possibly 4 merges and now have 17 servers combined into 1

many more ECS need to be merged massively
              Archer hoarder

Comment

"We have been informed that with the new forum outlay, they are no longer taking requests for server mergers. As I'm sure there were people spamming the threads (either with alternative log ins, or multiple times on the same one), that is not only the request threads, but also merge announcements, the bosses have found it would be a lot easier to look at each server as they are, and determine who 'needs' a merger, and who just 'wants' a merger."
                This is understandable but your forum, you have no way to look at or log i.p address who person making requests? or make a foolproof system somehow so that you know each request/person making request is unique?

"Each character played, is counted as an 'active number'. So for example, if one person is playing a 'main' and about 5 alternative toon, this would be counted as 6 active players.This would also go for 'dead accounts'. That is, if someone quits, and someone else is running their toon. As you could imagine, seeing as it actually against ToS to do this, it is not recommended, but also counts as another active. Would be best just to let that character 'die' to help your server."
                Here the issue, you have mods that go on here and say it ok use alts and now you saying it not ok and against ToS, make up your minds.. is it allowed or not? because one guy on my server using like 20 dead accounts, and if it is against ToS why is this being allowed?.. he not even heavy casher.. rather he using 1/2 accounts that were heavy cashers.. rest of accounts are just hi br.If this is the system you guys going by to determine if server elible for merge.... it's flawed, go on server 4 cluster and you see it is dead because these "dead toons" is why it seems we are not... right?

Also like to point out that I wa also looking for the merge thread and I asked Esme for it and she told me to start a new thread, I imagine op also asked and was given the same answer.. again contradiction .. seems not all mods are on the same page or just getting different info I don't know.
                Last edited by Chrisnetika; 06-15-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Chrisnetika, just to clear up a little bit of the confusion- Whakapono wasn't a mod at the time of that post, which was a while ago. So, the reply was adequate given the position at the time of the post.

As for the alts, accounts you yourself create to play in addition to your main account, those are alts. Accounts you took over because someone quit, those are not alts, that is account sharing/piloting. Yes, each character that is logged into a server counts as an active character in the server data. Yes, there are ways to see what the IPs are for each account, but no, it's not actively looked at for every single person unless there's a reason to.

R2 has a policy when it comes to reporting people who are breaking the ToS, which you can read about here: http://r2games.desk.com/customer/por...ayer-reporting
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

S30/S36/S58/S61/S79/S120 need server merge

We need a merge....very few ppl on we would like a merge with another group of servers...bring life back to game for us

S30/S36/S58/S61/S79/S120

Miyu L80 Knight S30

Comment

it's pretty boring here now with so many people quitting already. no competition no need to cash.

Comment

I mean we pretty much are overdue for a server merge, you login, ask in world chat about 200x before someone finally responds to something, people are quitting left and right because they either can't get help or their is no one online to stuff with. we need a merger bad, to not only save our server, but to bring excitement back into the game.

Comment

Servers S536/S539 need server merge.

The S541 already joined with 4 servers and ours is still with two . Please check this.

Danielle¹²³
                          S539

Comment

Working...
                          X