AFK in BG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK in BG

Should be a cause to LOSE honor. Please implement an inactivity timer or something to kick AFKrs out of battlegrounds!

+1, some players just don't care about winning or losing as long as they get extra honor. And each BG there will always be like 2-4 players afk'ing there.

Comment

Originally posted by billette View Post
      Should be a cause to LOSE honor. Please implement an inactivity timer or something to kick AFKrs out of battlegrounds!
      i prefer the kick system , so that afk mothaf wont affect other ppl gameplay in bg
      [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
      NasrulEyo
      Mage
      Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
      U can submit a here
      My guide

Comment

afk = away from keyboard. most players aren't, they're watching. so timers would be pointless. and a kick system even if used for voting by team. would be unfair as well. not everyone is liked, nor care to be. and it will be abused as well. so... welcome to fun

Comment

Originally posted by wifalot View Post
          afk = away from keyboard. most players aren't, they're watching. so timers would be pointless. and a kick system even if used for voting by team. would be unfair as well. not everyone is liked, nor care to be. and it will be abused as well. so... welcome to fun
          +1

Absolutely correct. AFK does mean Away from Keyboard and most afk'ers aren't afk...especially since they are trolling the other team. A counter is better than a timer tbh. Something to monitor gain/loss of points or a gain of honor would be better. Every player who participates will have a change in their points and/or honor. If their points/honor doesn't change for a x amount of time (say 3-5 mins) they are kicked from the BG. A timer would fix some of the problems but not the majority of them.
          Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
          BR: 67K
          Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

it will be abuse if that will implemented just atlist they dont get any cristal shards that can be obtain when farming so ucan get gems they jus tget honors and not getting power
            to much pride will kill u!!
            taste the blade of my sword!!

Comment

Originally posted by qShadowwalkp View Post
              it will be abuse if that will implemented just atlist they dont get any cristal shards that can be obtain when farming so ucan get gems they jus tget honors and not getting power
              Getting the honor is all they care about. The crystal shards for the BG chest isn't that great tbh. Sometimes you get something good from the chest...most of the time its not that great. Getting the honor is how they get more powerful. A player who joins a BG and just afks it shouldn't get any honor.
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

hmmm i prefer 5-10minutes automatic kick by system =)
                Server: 64 Permbridge
                IGN: ♫☺JeaN☺♫
                Job: SpellWeaver
                Guild: Eminence

Comment

5 minutes automatic kick from bg ..... damn afk

serVer s2 Edena village
                  name:jerson and kuroko
                  class: knight and archer
                  Guild:warlords ...

Comment

5 minutes is far too lenient... 2 minutes would more like it, still allowing people who need to address an emergency to do so (or experience a lag/bug to deal with it) without impacting too much the BG team result...

Though, I have to agree with Wifalot: some AFKers are not really completely away, just lazy and not caring to be fair to other members of their BG team by actively participating... They could easily defeat timers by moving slightly every now and then. So harvest counters would likely be more interesting and would also have another advantage: some people do not care harvesting at all and just bully weakest people in the opponent team... If minimal harvest rate is required to stay in, that would remind the, that BG is meant to be a team work!!

Also, I do not think just being kicked from the ongoing BG is a sufficient punishment for such an anti-cooperative behaviour. I would plead for a gradual punishment system:
                    - first time, kick from ongoing BG, mail warning on next level punishment,
                    - second time, kick from ongoing BG, impossibility to re-enter the same day, mail warning,
                    - third time, kick from ongoing BG, impossibility to re-enter for two days, mail warning,
                    - fourth time, kick from ongoing BG, ban from the game for 1 day , mail warning,
                    - and so on...
                    Last edited by Celorilm; 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

not only that you got ppl deliberately doing afk so the other team will win if they got alot of friends on it. its not just for the honor associated with it sometimes. i would def agree some sort of inactivity timer that requires you to work for your reward like you have to have a certain amount of participation at all times liek you got ot keep it green in order to get the bonus if its red to long you get kicked. simple solution maybe not so simple code lol

Comment

Working...
                      X