Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the cupcake did I go from losing 5 honor per battle in SFT, to 200?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the cupcake did I go from losing 5 honor per battle in SFT, to 200?!?

Someone help me out here - I did my usual daily losing foray into the Sacred Fire Temple, like I've been doing pretty much every day. I'm a level 6 VIP(non-casher), and I've been losing my usual 5(or so) honor per battle - until this morning. I go in, occupy a totem, and get attacked, but THIS time, I lost 200(!) honor! What's up with that?? If this is the "new normal" for BG/SFT, I guess I'll just have to add SFT to the growing list of things I don't bother with anymore.

If the attacker has a lower honor title than you, that will cause you to lose a bunch of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
      If the attacker has a lower honor title than you, that will cause you to lose a bunch of honor.
      Well THAT sucks. I can see maybe a LITTLE more honor loss, but not a 4,000% increase. That's ridiculous. It says "50% less honor loss" for lvl 6 VIP - so I guess I should feel lucky that I didn't lose 400 honor in that fight? Thank you for explaining this to me. In the 1 1/2+ years I've been playing Wartune, I've never had this kind of honor loss happen to me in one battle. I guess SFT will be off my to-do list until such time I have a fighting chance against the cashers. Gonna try and make up the loss of insignia by trying harder to get in 15 rounds of arena, which itself became more difficult to organize/coordinate after they changed it from a 3-player party to 4.

Thanks again.

Comment

For 1 1/2+ years you've been playing Wartune you didnt learn anything? Even the basics?
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
          For 1 1/2+ years you've been playing Wartune you didnt learn anything? Even the basics?
          It's never happened before, and there is nothing in the game spelling this out.

Comment

Im suprised you have not seen it before Though, i guess coming up through the nowadays camped to death lower bg's, i guess you would never had had higher honor than the winners.

In either case, the honor loss will get less as your vip level go up, and i would not stop doing sft...those ss are yummy ^^ Just try to balance the loss/gain so you end on + at least

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
              Im suprised you have not seen it before Though, i guess coming up through the nowadays camped to death lower bg's, i guess you would never had had higher honor than the winners.

In either case, the honor loss will get less as your vip level go up, and i would not stop doing sft...those ss are yummy ^^ Just try to balance the loss/gain so you end on + at least
              Thank you, Gruntar. I went back in with about 6-7 minutes left to go, and just stayed in camp and did nothing. I didn't get kicked for inactivity, got my usual 30 or 90 siggies, got a few ss, and soul crystals. Can't use ss until lvl 80, right? That's going to be a while, yet, as I'm lvl 77 and camp out like crazy, stuffing my talents-thingy with exp pts until it forces me to level up. In the meantime, Ive got about 3k ss collecting dust in the guild vault. For the time being, I'm going to do the camp-and-do-nothing thing in SFT, take what I can get in sigs and SS. This is pretty much what Ive BEEN doing, except I'd try to go out and occupy a totem at the 5 minute mark, then usually get killed, and spent the rest of the time in camp. Now that I know I won't get kicked for inactivity, I'll just stop occupying totems, and stop feeding honor to the hyper-aggressive cashers, and let them attack each other.

Comment

You probably just ran into a relatively new casher who hasn't had time to gain much honor. You won't see many people like that in SFT, the majority of strong players will have at least the dragon earl title, so you won't lose any more than the minimum 5 honor. The massive differential of 10 vs. 400 honor loss was always ridiculous though.

Comment

how come you lose only 10 or so honor? the 5 times i've battled on separate occasions the lowest i've lost is -380 twice and the other 3 times is -400, the only way i've been able to gain any honor at all since the sacred fire temple started is when it's given away in an event,
                  i'm a lvl 73 with a basic br of 83k and honor title of High Commander, there's no sign of the system being changed so you'll see me sitting in spawn camp with the others from 20 mins past the hour 'till the end just for the final pay out... lol

Comment

max to loose is 400 (but it can be way more*) if u are even 8lvl vip and lose 10% of honor only u still can loose 400 (there comes that "*") the bigger diference between u and your oponent the more u gona loose (no matter how much % u loose only) if not vip 9 u loose honor and can be that u will loose that 400..
                    for example if u have 1 mil honor, and some who entered first time but has a way to kill u, that means u will 100% loose 400 honor no matter what vip lvl(unless 9)

Comment

Originally posted by R282358633 View Post
                      max to loose is 400 (but it can be way more*) if u are even 8lvl vip and lose 10% of honor only u still can loose 400 (there comes that "*") the bigger diference between u and your oponent the more u gona loose (no matter how much % u loose only) if not vip 9 u loose honor and can be that u will loose that 400..
                      for example if u have 1 mil honor, and some who entered first time but has a way to kill u, that means u will 100% loose 400 honor no matter what vip lvl(unless 9)
                      You got everything wrong
                      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

VIP6 is 50% honor loss reduction I believe?
                        u got -5 because the player who killed u had higher or equal honor points as u.
                        u got -100 if the player who killed u had lower honor than but not too far apart.
                        u got -200 because the player who killed u had much lower honor than u.
                        no need to cry babe. it's -10, -200 & -400 for non-vip players.
                        a former vip here.

Originally posted by TastesL5kChicken View Post
                        Someone help me out here - I did my usual daily losing foray into the Sacred Fire Temple, like I've been doing pretty much every day. I'm a level 6 VIP(non-casher), and I've been losing my usual 5(or so) honor per battle - until this morning. I go in, occupy a totem, and get attacked, but THIS time, I lost 200(!) honor! What's up with that?? If this is the "new normal" for BG/SFT, I guess I'll just have to add SFT to the growing list of things I don't bother with anymore.

Comment

how about my weakling freebie alts with only 500-800k fake (with eudy) br? they were killed by cashers from new servers all the time & got -400 every time. oh well r2 doesnt care about freebies so whatever

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          You probably just ran into a relatively new casher who hasn't had time to gain much honor. You won't see many people like that in SFT, the majority of strong players will have at least the dragon earl title, so you won't lose any more than the minimum 5 honor. The massive differential of 10 vs. 400 honor loss was always ridiculous though.

Comment

Working...
                          X