Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that care about cross server GB, WE NEED MERGED SERVERS NOW!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that care about cross server GB, WE NEED MERGED SERVERS NOW!!!!

Ok, so I heard in fire temple about a group that got merged servers recently with a lot of servers merged together. I went to their server to see and sure enough the person talking was correct. From reading about the merge, there were 16 servers merged together(S179, S176, S182, S185, S188, S192, S198, SS195, S201, S205, S208, S211, S214, S217, S220 and S224 will be merging together). The largest other merge I have read about is 10 servers on the east coast server group. Most have only 4-6.

These 16 servers have, in the past 4 days since server merge, put almost every player(with the exception of a small few) on the entire 16 servers on 1 team. How are we supposed to compete with 1 large group like that in cross server guild battle? We have 5 servers merged together on the server I play on. We would never stand a chance vs the top 40 players from 1 massive 16 server team.

R2 WE NEED MASSIVE MERGERS TO OUR SERVERS ALSO TO HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPETE. There should be no way that one group of players gets that massive of a benefit in Cross Server Guild Battle!

Its not # of players its the quality of them that might concern you. If its weak br no worries - also it caps at 40 so it wont take long for a splinter.

Comment

Originally posted by trollfarmer View Post
      Its not # of players its the quality of them that might concern you. If its weak br no worries - also it caps at 40 so it wont take long for a splinter.
      its not weak BR. Matter of fact its 3/4 players in TOK NM and a lot of the top 100 overall in east coast.

Comment

Those 3 players in ToK NM are only there because the merger messed up the cross server list. You're seeing a very small sub-section of cross-server rankings right now.

You're not seeing players from 7 of the 8 top guilds in the last CSGB right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Okpokalypse View Post
          Those 3 players in ToK NM are only there because the merger messed up the cross server list. You're seeing a very small sub-section of cross-server rankings right now.

You're not seeing players from 7 of the 8 top guilds in the last CSGB right now.
          I am not doubting that Ok... However, wouldnt your server benefit from having 16 servers of people to pull all into 1 team?

How many servers are merged together in yours? The point here is the top BR team in game(before this merge) just got another 7 servers of people added to its team. Can your server or team say that?

Comment

Originally posted by R26764747 View Post
            I am not doubting that Ok... However, wouldnt your server benefit from having 16 servers of people to pull all into 1 team?

How many servers are merged together in yours? The point here is the top BR team in game(before this merge) just got another 7 servers of people added to its team. Can your server or team say that?
            Just want to point out a few things.

The amount of active players in Unforgiven before this merge was down to about 30 on a good day. I can't remember the last time we filled a Guild Battle. And from what we gathered from the new group of servers that merged with us is that they too were down to not much more than 20 or so active in their top guild. And we're not talking 20 players that are all 1 Mil+ BRs. To this point I think we've taken in a total of 10 players, and maybe 15 total characters including alts.

You wrote:
            These 16 servers have, in the past 4 days since server merge, put almost every player(with the exception of a small few) on the entire 16 servers on 1 team.
            That's patently not true. Of the top-40 players on the server cluster, 13 are in other guilds. That's about 1/3 of the top-40 - so we have not nearly "put almost every player ... on 1 team." There are some server clusters that have 32+ (75%+) of the top-40 players in one guild. We're not one of them.

We have added some great players however. That I won't argue. Yaniv, ifail, tdiddy, Whiskerchops and Katerina - just to name a few - are all very good players, and most importantly, seem like really good people - which is our prime requirement. We want a community of mature people that understand it's a game and can enjoy one another's company.

I'm glad for the merge moreso because it's reinvigorated the social aspect of the game for both our groups I think. Some of the people I'd chit-chat with in BGs are now in the guild, and that's pretty awesome. I think I speak for a majority of the guild (both old and new members) in saying that.

As far as CSGB goes - you should be happy unless you're in Deadly_Sin or Avengers, Because Level-81, which was a top contender, isn't anymore. That means 1 of the better spots is vacated.

Comment

our servers have not continued to grow. You just named 5 players and claim to have gained only 15.... Of those 4, that is about 8M BR added to the top rated team in the game. No other server can pull from 16 different servers worth of players to fill their team. We are having issues also filling GB and spots. However we only have 6 servers instead of the 16. You have taken more than 27/40 as you say.

OUR SERVERS NEED 15+ SERVERS TO PULL PLAYERS FROM ALSO! There is no way this can be fair that the top ranked team in the entire east coast gets another 20 players and 7 more servers to take players from without giving something to us also. How can that make any of us contenders "happy"
              Last edited by R26764747; 05-14-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

and the #s that you counted are with at least 2 and as many as 7 players in the top 40 BR that looks to have went to sleep with baby sylphs on knocking them out of top 40. Lets go on the low side and say its only the 2 I saw. I did not have time to check every ranking. Also, 2 of the players you mentioned are not actually on your team... YET. That makes the 27 you count, +2 you didnt + 2-5 without proper sylphs on, makes 31-34 out of top 40. This is your 75%... give or take a few %

Then when you count your server population!!!!!!!!! We are getting our teams out of 4,5,6 servers and you have 16 servers of people to collect from!

So, 4 days into the largest merge in wartune history WITH the top ranked guild in the entire game, you got to add 15~ players in 4 days. This number will undoubtedly grow as we inch toward cross server guild battle because no other guild on your server has a chance at lasting past 4 minutes of GB. That means in the coming weeks, one could expect to see another 15-50 players jump dying ships to a) get better rewards, b) actually have someone to play with, c) want to not be left out of the only real guild in the server or d) play with people they have for the past 2 years that did jump ship.

MERGE OUR DAMN SERVERS WITH HUGE NUMBERS ALSO SO WE HAVE A CHANCE! How can you get every advantage and triple the amount of servers to get players from and try to coat it any other way? People nearing the top of cross server GB list need to wake up. This is drastically unfair
                Last edited by R26764747; 05-14-2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I'm surprised anyone gives a Cupcake about CSGB, its so bugged its not even fun.
                  Besides, the current matching system prevents the top guilds reach diamond finals, since they all meet up front in prelims.

I'm happy for the servers that got merged and therefore might continue to play and have fun, CSGB is such a small part of this game it's not even worth a single topic.
                  Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-14-2015, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                    I'm surprised anyone gives a Cupcake about CSGB, its so bugged its not even fun.
                    Besides, the current matching system prevents the top guilds reach diamond finals, since they all meet up front in prelims.

I'm happy for the servers that got merged and therefore might continue to play and have fun, CSGB is such a small part of this game it's not even worth a single topic.
                    how in the * do you think its not important or worth a topic? It is the ONLY way to get free hammers for holy forge. Stacking team and super merge is the only way to basically get about $1,000 worth of hammers MORE than your opponents since R2 doesnt allow us any other way to get them free.

Comment

and the #s that you counted are with at least 2 and as many as 7 players in the top 40 BR that looks to have went to sleep with baby sylphs on knocking them out of top 40. Lets go on the low side and say its only the 2 I saw. I did not have time to check every ranking. Also, 2 of the players you mentioned are not actually on your team... YET. That makes the 27 you count, +2 you didnt + 2-5 without proper sylphs on, makes 31-34 out of top 40. This is your 75%... give or take a few %
                      Don't know where you're getting 34/40 - but I just did another count. With one of the five I mentioned not over yet we have 26/40 of the top BRs in the guild. I don't know what you're talking about with "baby sylphs" - I'm looking at people's overnight's right now and no one's tanking their pets. You sound a little paranoid.

Then when you count your server population!!!!!!!!! We are getting our teams out of 4,5,6 servers and you have 16 servers of people to collect from!
                      You know merges happen because of low active server population, right? There are some server-clusters of 4 to 6 servers that had significantly higher populations than our (pre-merger) cluster that had 9.

So, 4 days into the largest merge in wartune history WITH the top ranked guild in the entire game, you got to add 15~ players in 4 days. This number will undoubtedly grow as we inch toward cross server guild battle because no other guild on your server has a chance at lasting past 4 minutes of GB. That means in the coming weeks, one could expect to see another 15-50 players jump dying ships to a) get better rewards, b) actually have someone to play with, c) want to not be left out of the only real guild in the server or d) play with people they have for the past 2 years that did jump ship.
                      I won't argue that some more may come over - but many will not. You like to point out that we were the top ranked guild already. We've been the top-ranked R2 Guild since before the 1st CSGB - and the same people that weren't in for those, won't be in for those in the future.

MERGE OUR DAMN SERVERS WITH HUGE NUMBERS ALSO SO WE HAVE A CHANCE! How can you get every advantage and triple the amount of servers to get players from and try to coat it any other way? People nearing the top of cross server GB list need to wake up. This is drastically unfair
                      In the last two CSGBs, despite, yes, being the top BR guild from R2Games, we rarely played a match where our top-40 players had a higher cumulative BR or higher top-10 BR than our opponents. In the 2nd CSGB we were underdogs (in terms of top-40 players' BR and top players by BR) to *Forsaken*, Avengers, and Deadly_Sin - just off the top of my head.

Comment

how in the * do you think its not important or worth a topic? It is the ONLY way to get free hammers for holy forge.
                        wrong.
                        you can get them from dragon's den, advance and expert dimension holding chests, sacrifices, and another thing i cant remember right now.
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

What makes you think you wont be getting a server merge? We were the first round I am sure the other servers are following, most likely will be before XGB. The server merge is wonderful, the new additions raised social aspect of the game, added new life to it. Our server was slowing down greatly, our guild went from having members sitting out Guild Battles to begging members to join it. We are lucky to be the first, I am sure more merges are in the process.

Comment

how in the * do you think its not important or worth a topic? It is the ONLY way to get free hammers for holy forge. Stacking team and super merge is the only way to basically get about $1,000 worth of hammers MORE than your opponents since R2 doesnt allow us any other way to get them free.
                            Finishing 1st in the finals gets you 150 Hammers. Finishing 2nd gets you 100 I believe, and that's the biggest ranking discrepancy. I hardly think that 50 Hammers costs $1,000.

In April, a Spender event netted you 110 Vulcan Packs (110 Hammers) for spending $100. In May we just had one that got you 165 Vulcan Packs for spending $100. So really, the cost of a Hammer is about a value-added $0.60 or so. So those 50 Hammers might be worth like $30 or so, if you attach 0 value to the stoves in those packs.

And as I said before, if in the last CSGB you finished below Unforgiven, but ahead of Level-81, you're in no way better or worse off than you were before. If you finished below Level-81, you're better off. Really, about the only guild IMO that has a legit beef that the merger is unfair to them directly is Deadly_Sin since they played us very close - even if the result was marred by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Wicked~ View Post
                              What makes you think you wont be getting a server merge? We were the first round I am sure the other servers are following,.
                              EXACTLY. We all need to push for HUGE server merges for us as well. Most servers only have 6 servers max merged together. Your group has 16! Even before this, your group looks to have had 8 or 9. It is not all about population either. A lot of the determined merges is when R2 isn't getting enough $ out of their servers or people start complaining to the right ears. As far as being the first? Our server was merged long before anyone in the 200s and we are desperately needing another merge. How do they manage to give a merge to the top ranked BR guild and largest group of servers first? That is beyond me but totally bullsh*T

Comment

Working...
                              X