Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resistance after patch

thx for breaking it.

got 10.3k dark.... 4.5k will... my friend had 13.5k dark, 5.3k will.... normally we shouldnt do dmg to each other.
    fun thing is.. it was saying -21% dmg received, instead of the normal 90%, so yeah... thx for breaking it... 6-9k resistance difference between res and will.. and only 20% dmg received less... now dimensions no longer matter, neither do the high lvl crystals.. what is the point. Also, it was kinda funny that i was doing more dmg to him even though he had way more will and res than me, even his attack is higher. Anyone else testing this, feel free to share your high 5s

My best guess is, some butthurt cashers complained about being killed cuz they didnt have the right resistance.. now the whole system is broken, gz i suppose

Ye they basically removed res as a whole, gonna be fun.

Comment

At least u can kill people and not have 10 mins battles and there are a lot of lvls to 12 so if u don't have 11 or 12 res wouldn't protect that much
      Character Name: Chris1909
      Class: Mage
      Server: US West

Comment

Originally posted by chris1909 View Post
        At least u can kill people and not have 10 mins battles and there are a lot of lvls to 12 so if u don't have 11 or 12 res wouldn't protect that much

....and we found someone who likes the new res reduction. Let's lynch him.
        IGN: Swinella
        lvl: 80
        BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
        Server: Kabam s79
        Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

yeah butthurt casher mad bcoz have no right ress so i can kill them use my fire or wind slyph hahahahahah no i cant do that again

Comment

Originally posted by Swinella View Post
            ....and we found someone who likes the new res reduction. Let's lynch him.
            for pvp yes not for pve
            Character Name: Chris1909
            Server: US West

Comment

I understand that is nice to win, games are usually played to win, but I believe your logic was buried by your desire.

Before this patch I could defeat a team of tok players by myself in arena(some higher br than me), or defeat the top players that have 500-600 k br more than me. Just yesterday I attacked someone with a much better br than me, and even though it wasn't very easy due to his will crystals, his fate was sealed the moment I clicked on him because he didnt have the proper res.

It was nice? sure... But was it fair?What is the point to build a toon for 3 years or to cash on it in order to get br if that br is useless?What is the point of wartune still running, if cashers see no point in buying stuff anymore?Why would the cashers buy all the mounts, do all the fusions and so on, if they can't rip their effort to build the toon or to get that money (yes, unlike the common believe, the money don't fall from trees, a person works for them and chooses to use them here in order to see a benefit)

For many of you this doesn't matter, for some reason you keep competing with cashers, you don't want to compete just with those that spends at a level similar to yours. Sure, I want to beat people with much higher br than me too, but not by the luck of having the right resistance and make their entire toon useless ,while they hit me for 5k and I afk them lol.

It was nice to beat 4 strong players at once in team arena before patch, today I got thrown of my piedestal and crushed by the same teams. Ofc the loss wasn't as satisfying as the win before the patch, but you know what? It was fair !Their stats for which they worked all those years and their skill (which couldnt be shown when hitting me for 5k) paid off and wasn't for nothing.

My 2 cents for those who cares about a fair system
              Last edited by Draggyy; 09-16-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Are we playing the same game? I'm not even one of those cashers youre talking about, but when someone stacked a ton of electro res against my Zeus, I...switched to my cerb and lit them on fire. And that's as a low casher. Where are all these "worked for years" big cashers that have no backup if someone stacks dark res? The ones I see in CW have entire teams of 2nd evos behind them, the ones I know personally respond to dark res by switching to their multi-star Venus/Prosperity and blowing people away. It's ok to have counters. The big spenders have multiple ways around them, lower spenders have fewer.

But rather than rein in any excesses, they of course burn it all to the ground. Even if things were so untenable in pvp, why not, oh i don't know, limit the fixes to PVP? Change Intensity to give a large bonus to will crystals, or just reduce res values by some percentage in pvp (50% or w/e). Why the across the board nerf (with shiny inflated numbers to try and hide the nerf, like they think we're stupid) ?? Also, what do you think will happen when those same top cashers reach full lvl 12s, backed by multiple expert dims? They haven't completely eliminated ridiculous res, theyve just kicked the can down the road, and made them accesible (initially) to the one portion of the population that needs them the least, while everyone else gets to deal with the wreckage. Well done devs.
                Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

yeah, I guess I was to inclined toward cross server competitions and mentioned only top players. In cw for example you can't afford to lose because of it and just change sylph to what you think he doesnt have res. Some says is strategy to pick the res to what you think an opponent doesnt have res for, true , but only when we are talking of one opponent. If you are playing 15 opponents in finals, you'll have to accept to lose against weaker opponents (in stats and skill) because you cant have all res , that is gamble

However for all players this is or should be true:
                  fights before the patch could last 10 min +, glad for you that you changed to your cerberus after you lost half the bg
                  making players with 500-600k br more hit you for nothing , their stats for which they worked a considerable amount of time being useless it is not fair, even though many of you consider it is not fair for them to even exist in the game lol

Pve became harder in some places, but some of the most rewarding such as nr and tara are easy
                  Last edited by Draggyy; 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                    fights before the patch could last 10 min +, glad for you that you changed to your cerberus after you lost half the bg
                    Thats what I meant when I said reining in the excesses. There HAD to be a way to solve edge cases like that, without this sweeping reduction. It required a scalpel, instead they fed the res system into a woodchipper.
                    Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

I like the new resistance system. No more lottery. Sure it sucks in pve right now, cause it pushes all of us back, but having it capped at 60%, and making it hard to cap in pvp, makes it a lot more fair(not a casher).

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                        but having it capped at 60%
                        That's where you're wrong, it's not capped at 60%, i've 62% with an adv dim and lvl 10 res crystal, probably 2 expert dim of the same kind and lvl 10 res crystal can get u close to 90%, the only difference i see between before patch and now is that now it'll be far less strategy and much more luck (you need to drop the right expert dim and 1 is not enough, adv also are not enough).

Comment

It's just a new scale, and we're already well underway to figuring it out...

And just so you all know, it's not a linear scale anymore.

In EF Hell the Group Mobs go off Highest Resist (Tested, Confirmed). Here's my test results:

Code:
                          Max Resist	DR	Diff	%Diff	Res/+1%
                          0		66%				
                          545		42%	545	24%	22.7
                          1090		26%	545	16%	34.1
                          1635		13%	545	13%	41.9
                          1965		7%	330	6%	55.0
                          2664		-2%	699	9%	77.7
                          4783		-20%	2119	18%	117.7
                          6902		-31%	2119	11%	192.6
                          9021		-37%	2119	6%	353.2
                          11140		-42%	2119	5%	423.8
                          13259		-45%	2119	3%	706.3
                          So with all my Res and Sylph off, I was taking +66% Damage. Just putting my Dark Sylph on (545 Res) dropped that boost against me by 24% down to 42% Total.

And it seems like Res Reduce isn't capped anymore. In World Boss I was getting +71% for my 6,132 Res Reduce. Not exactly sure how that works though. The same Damage boost % was applying in Necro and Sky Trail. But in testing the MPDs, I was only getting +62% for that same 6,132 Res Reduce in EF Normal & Nightmare. In EF Hell, I was at -11%, which makes me think I'm working against a very significant resistance.

Comment

Well played by R2, srsly tho. Linear scale does not work well for a % modifier.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                              Well played by R2, srsly tho. Linear scale does not work well for a % modifier.
                              Agreed. Will be interesting to see how DR From resists works with high res reduce... I'm wondering if it pushes the curve itself, or just moves one along the curve. The difference can be quite significant in the long run. Lots of testing to do .

Comment

Working...
                              X