How about reworking some skills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about reworking some skills?

In Wartune there are some skills asking for rework. As a warrior, I mean Reverse Damage and Shadow Thrasher. Where Shadow Thrasher with talent and enhanced skill tree passive brings some utility (slow and incoming damage reduction), it's passive (damage over time) needs some love. I'd suggest replacing base passive damage with %damage(base attack damage) or %maxhp scaling (opponent's or our own) - for someone with, for example, 300k hp up to 600 dmg/turn is nothing - not mentioning that stacking the passive takes a lot of time and you'd go sylph before even trying that (moreover Ultimate Slasher with talent deals a lot more damage and needs way less rage). Same for Reverse - 10k dmg is just nonsense. %damage received(%ownmaxhp) scaling would do a lot better, making this skill viable on higher levels among players with higher battle rating.
    Comparing to Archer's Poison Arrow costing 20 rage and dealing total of 320% base damage(384% with initial crit) - really fine-looking skill - warriors bleed/reverse skills are damn low.

Apparently most skills with bleed/reverse are too bad to be useful.

Talking about mages - I'd suggest doing something with enhanced tree shield - adding some small amount of heal/damage block or, what would be really nice, changing shield for single target skill giving shield scaling with dealt damage (like 35/40/45/50/55% of damage dealt). It looks like "well, archer and warrior have both damage reduction and heal, so mage must have some damage reduction too."

Yeah, there are several skills that haven't scaled up to the current level. The shadow thrasher bleed was too small from day 1, so I don't know why they even bothered with it. Reverse damage may get an update, I hear the Wartune China version got a much higher cap that makes it somewhat useful again.

I wish they would get someone good at math to examine the skills and figure out which ones are completely useless now, and revise all of them to at least do something potentially useful. The advanced class skills are especially bad.

Comment

Originally posted by andremordor View Post
      In Wartune there are some skills asking for rework. As a warrior, I mean Reverse Damage and Shadow Thrasher. Where Shadow Thrasher with talent and enhanced skill tree passive brings some utility (slow and incoming damage reduction), it's passive (damage over time) needs some love. I'd suggest replacing base passive damage with %damage(base attack damage) or %maxhp scaling (opponent's or our own) - for someone with, for example, 300k hp up to 600 dmg/turn is nothing - not mentioning that stacking the passive takes a lot of time and you'd go sylph before even trying that (moreover Ultimate Slasher with talent deals a lot more damage and needs way less rage). Same for Reverse - 10k dmg is just nonsense. %damage received(%ownmaxhp) scaling would do a lot better, making this skill viable on higher levels among players with higher battle rating.
      Comparing to Archer's Poison Arrow costing 20 rage and dealing total of 320% base damage(384% with initial crit) - really fine-looking skill - warriors bleed/reverse skills are damn low.

Apparently most skills with bleed/reverse are too bad to be useful.

Talking about mages - I'd suggest doing something with enhanced tree shield - adding some small amount of heal/damage block or, what would be really nice, changing shield for single target skill giving shield scaling with dealt damage (like 35/40/45/50/55% of damage dealt). It looks like "well, archer and warrior have both damage reduction and heal, so mage must have some damage reduction too."
      The only advantage of Mana Shield is its casting time due to Prodigy talent which debuffs usually the chaos (Purify skill does not remove it, but Purify rune does), otherwise it is useless as any shield removes it (guardian rune, Apollo shield from friend or eudemon archers ...).
      The other mage useless skill is Anthem as it is capped on 90,000 HP heal points for 90+ rage points (maybe you can loose 150 if you have eudemon level 5 Fury Master skill) for ...

But I agree wit MrFancyPants, they need to find someone good at math (statistics of skill usage they have) and somebody who decides.

Comment

Anthem proved beyond any doubt that whoever that came up with the skills in WT is a complete moron. 90k heal cap and drains ALL rage? WTH? A single Restoration does well over 100k and only cost 35 rage.

Mind you there are a few idiotic things out there that makes this one seem tame by comparison. Let's start and end with the L10 Dragon Invasion boss, who spends a turn healing itself for ... 500 hp. No, seriously. The thing has well over 10M HP, and it wastes a turn to heal itself for 500. Who the hell came up with that ****?

Comment

How about changing knights 3k block heal back to the old settings

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy367 View Post
            How about changing knights 3k block heal back to the old settings
            Lol, as much as I'd love that as a knight, 4% per block is crazy overpowered with people having 750k hp and up. It would be a lot more workable now that they nerfed resistance hard, but still, 30k+ recovered for each block adds up to a lot, especially in group arena.

Comment

Working...
            X