Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal for lag reduction - 2 new options in the Settings

Please add two new options in the Settings menu:

1) Skins visible - if not checked, no custom clothes, mounts a/o titles should be visible
    2) Numbers visible - if not checked, no criticality, dodge, heal a/o normal damage numbers should be rendered during fight on top of players (only damage reduction/boost can be shown)
    3) Banner text visible - if not checked, the big yellow message appearing in the middle of the screen will not be visible (it still repeats in the System chat)
    4) Fading animation - if not checked, the animation (black screen to start fight) will not be shown, especially if preceded by animation of Wartune logo

And two funny proposals (assume we have to pay balens to activate):
    a) No black screen
    b) Start with hidden players
    Last edited by P-J-J; 09-29-2015, 02:34 AM.

I don't know if those would work to be honest with you. Take for an example, the World Boss. On the new server, you would not experience any lag when you don't click on the HIDE PLAYERS button so you can just push your way through the masses for fun. For me, I just hit the button as I just want to go forth each time I get a chance. When a server is merged with another, the WB battle somewhat gets laggy, that you hit the button hoping it would go without a hitch. It works for a moment until another merge happens (in my case, 3 merges so far with an unknown number of servers). When I hit the button, it doesn't work for me as I am moving slow as molasses. My only prayer is hoping not many people will show up at the WB so I can somewhat continue on. And that's for the World Boss before the patch.

Now, after the patch, it's like the 405: jams up during rush hour even though there are 7 lanes on each side which scratch my head in asking, "how in the hell could that be?" My biggest peeve and I had noticed this is when the icons on the screen have this flashy aura around them. Even though I close such, it pops up on it's own with this flashiness which seems to swirl slowly, thus spelling trouble for my journey. If anything, we need a setting to get rid of that flashiness. But that's just me.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

He does not mention WB -
      P-J-J is referring to team arena where the crit messages can slow the game down quite considerably.
      Also the hide clothing option in "clothing" has to be clicked each and everytime you start the game.
      Also the hide other players in "cloud city" option has to be clicked each and every time you start the game.
      I would also add to the options remove eudaemon animation - its rather annoying to see it each and every time you go into the interface.
      Of course if they removed all the useless yellow text which comes up on screen that would also be very usefull.......
      ie - which astral you get; entering a mpd or solo dungeon; which spell your using in solo and mpd dungeons, solo and mpd arena.
      Afterall we know what astral we got, we know what dungeon we entered and we know what spell we chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
        I don't know if those would work to be honest with you. Take for an example, the World Boss. On the new server, you would not experience any lag when you don't click on the HIDE PLAYERS button so you can just push your way through the masses for fun. For me, I just hit the button as I just want to go forth each time I get a chance. When a server is merged with another, the WB battle somewhat gets laggy, that you hit the button hoping it would go without a hitch. It works for a moment until another merge happens (in my case, 3 merges so far with an unknown number of servers). When I hit the button, it doesn't work for me as I am moving slow as molasses. My only prayer is hoping not many people will show up at the WB so I can somewhat continue on. And that's for the World Boss before the patch.

Now, after the patch, it's like the 405: jams up during rush hour even though there are 7 lanes on each side which scratch my head in asking, "how in the hell could that be?" My biggest peeve and I had noticed this is when the icons on the screen have this flashy aura around them. Even though I close such, it pops up on it's own with this flashiness which seems to swirl slowly, thus spelling trouble for my journey. If anything, we need a setting to get rid of that flashiness. But that's just me.
        Meikura001, I do not meant the issue with path to boss from re-birth place, I meant the battle itself:
        - custom clothes slow down loading during battle (as they are loaded one by one), for example you first see grey cloud with some names, then it slowly adds the clothes 1 by 1, as this loading shares the same network, what comes first - clothes or hit (usually huge close bitmap followed by fast sequence of hits)?
        - numbers is issue by itself, it is synchronous unbreakable sequence (hit -> number presence) that is pre-emptively closed only if battle ends, otherwise Flash is overloaded by presenting all the numbers (try to figure 8 hitters, 8 targets, all have the double hit archer hit (even hunter eudemon has it) or mage's Flame Tornado three phases, so 8*16 messages. Besides it is unreadable and even not analysable from recorded video, it is waste of resource and source of lag.

custom mount and titles are issue of the battleground, guild battle (and yes, missing guild beast "hide players" button)

Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
        He does not mention WB -
        P-J-J is referring to team arena where the crit messages can slow the game down quite considerably.
        Also the hide clothing option in "clothing" has to be clicked each and everytime you start the game.
        Also the hide other players in "cloud city" option has to be clicked each and every time you start the game.
        I would also add to the options remove eudaemon animation - its rather annoying to see it each and every time you go into the interface.
        Of course if they removed all the useless yellow text which comes up on screen that would also be very usefull.......
        ie - which astral you get; entering a mpd or solo dungeon; which spell your using in solo and mpd dungeons, solo and mpd arena.
        Afterall we know what astral we got, we know what dungeon we entered and we know what spell we chose.
        Yes, that central yellow text is also nightmare, especially as it covers some important buttons of opened windows ...
        So 3rd checkbox?

Comment

You can also add the large onscreen text that tells you what you have just received from a mail.
          I opened the mail - I know what I'm getting.

Comment

Working...
          X