No announcement yet.

tok is too hard/spire rewards...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you are facing 140k bleed, getting to sylph is a near impossibility...

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
      When you are facing 140k bleed, getting to sylph is a near impossibility...
      i dont know about that, only did tok easy so far lol

edit. which is totally useless since it gives so few whips (6 to 10 per chest *sigh*) and takes forever to complete meh

i wont even try other difficulties, will just grab the shadow souls from nm, enter/ leave

Comment

hmmm tok is suppose to be the br rankings of your cross server kabam cs is out of sync with the tok order of things ppl whos suppose to be in hard are in easy and ppl in nm suppose to be in hard r2 certyainly Cupcake this up r2 own up to ur imcompetance and make this passable
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

People need to learn how to play the game to beat it. My team beat all 5 rounds of ToK NM with a total BR of about 11mil. Weakest person was 2.1mil BR. I have 2.4. The strongest was 3.4 and the other was 2.9. If someone is using a Wind Ranger, then it becomes impossible to beat and you need to get that person to change his kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayuu View Post
            People need to learn how to play the game to beat it. My team beat all 5 rounds of ToK NM with a total BR of about 11mil. Weakest person was 2.1mil BR. I have 2.4. The strongest was 3.4 and the other was 2.9. If someone is using a Wind Ranger, then it becomes impossible to beat and you need to get that person to change his kid.
            what server region are you on ? im curious because it seems different regions are having different types of experiences with tok

it could be so many things they changed / fudged

for instance, how players who are in tok change their equipment, if they change it, like medals, kids (as you mentionned), etc. and how it affects their tok clone.

dont be too quick to judge how other players play this game. Im sure you dont know everything yourself ^^

Personnally, i gave up on tok nm a long time ago, not because i dont know how to play or that i cant do it. I just dont care enough to bother making an alitist party so i just do lower difficulties and im happy with it.

The main issue with ToK really is not nightmare, its the difficulty scaling of easy, normal and hard. Oh and not sure if this was intended but afloor 1 is not easier than floor 5. I wonder if this was intended to be liek that...

You go ahead and try to solo tok easy and let me know how you do

Comment

My experience from ToK:

1) Even we have hidden switch, it loads long and my skill bar appeared after I had half awakening bar.
              2) Then seeing the Crit cloud till it enable sylph.

Analysing what was downloaded I found that it downloads even things that are not part of the fight (prefetch?) and my browser/Flash memory went 1.2 GB (I started from fresh browser jumping wartune.r2games.com and then logging, and going ToK inside). Also I found 60% of the browser memory being not Flash but internal script memory that keeps garbage collecting - most intensive JavaScripts sent to R2 support (3 of them had bugs).

So blocked all the JavaScript but game.js, and I could cast. Browser memory went only 990MB. Still huge amount of data generated in Flash, but less lag.

Can somebody from R2 explain the purpose of tracing? Especially as it is launched by R2's portal script [?ct=tracing] and not by game.js from 7road.com.

Comment

it appeared to me they didn't scale down the top players' (including their eudaemons') stats, or they scaled it but the scaling factor was too out of range for tok to be even doable by the top 16 players themselves (coz the 16 were scattered on different servers & not fighting their own shadows with help from the other 15). but like mika said in his blog, tok is one less thing to do, so we get more sleep time in real life.

spire nm is just a time sink with not-so-much-better rewards. after tried it for the first time, nobody on my server ever did it again. we might be able to do some 20-24 levels still, but it took too long & everyone just went afk after level 10 & not use skills nor revive themselves, which got us killed at level 17 (got only 16 chests & what they gave was not good value relative to the amount of time wasted).

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post
                  i dont know about that, only did tok easy so far lol

edit. which is totally useless since it gives so few whips (6 to 10 per chest *sigh*) and takes forever to complete meh

i wont even try other difficulties, will just grab the shadow souls from nm, enter/ leave
                  It depends on which kid was being used at the time by the players. TOK is based on real players. If one of them has the Wind Ranger, you're looking at 50% of their PAtk, and the top players will have Atks of greater than 250k, with a correspoding 5% extra on their kids. That means 140k minimum bleed 1st round.

If you don't run into the Wind Ranger, you're fine.

R2's made it all about luck now. The **** up is twofold:

1. They made the Wind Ranger overpowered. R2 does NOT understand how bleed works in the game. It bypasses all damage reduction, all resistance and all defence. Making it based on the stats of anything, which IS affected by damage reduction, resistance and defence, is ludicruous. The scenario becomes: I shoot you for 100 damage, but you bleed for 140k. That is completely nonsense.

2. They did not reduce the stats of the kids for TOK. The stats of the shadow toons were reduced as per usual, but the kids were not. Hence the 140k bleed, which is inline with the Atk of a fully powered kid, not a stat reduced one. It has made it so that the kids are more dangerous than the parent toons in TOK. It was something we noticed when we blitzed through TOK Normal (which did not have the Wind Ranger for us, luckily). After all of the shadow toons are dead, the kids are still there. They survived at least 2.5 times longer than their parent toons.

In conclusion, R2 does not know how their own game works and are completely incompetent on top of that. TOK was fine and another thing that did not need "fixing" (like the solo arena and cloud adventure) but they went ahead and "fixed" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayuu View Post
                    So how many level 38's (since it was the minimum to try out "Easy") are there that have 2.1M+ BR? Better yet, how do you get a hold of that player that is a shadow to change their Eud (or take them off) just to pass it?

I am sorry to say this, but something like this should be on Nightmare (or Hell mode) of such, and not on Easy. There should be a better way of programming stoic stats in the same manner as Spire (monster difficulty) with only using the players as shadows. Easy mode should not even have sylphs or Euds in the mix since at 50 you get the Sylph (and that should be in Normal Mode) and at 70 you get the Euds (which should be in Hard). That's like putting Professional Mode on any console game as the starting point and expect a beginner to clear the first stage (where it should have been on Easy or Normal) without dying or quitting. For me, Professional Mode doesn't unlock until I complete Normal and then Hard (Veteran), and not the other way around.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

3 x 1.6 mil br and 1 3.3 mil br , that was my team in tok easy, and we finish it but really hard, kids where harder than the player shadows sylphed in odin...) so imagine that...

what will 40.50.60.70 ppl do there? learn how to die faster in this game and how to quit it faster.... if 3x 1,6mil and 3.3mil br hardly passed tok easy, what lowest ppl will do there? this game is a joke latelly, so i think it isn't worth the time and money anymore

Comment

just come out of tok nm, something i do everyday, but this time with other team, that was already diff then normal.

we didnt make it trough first stage, euds are big problem now, but not only the euds, but europe server, there is an wind/water fused sylph in it now.

So big problem dont have very high res chrystals (10 and 11), and split it in to 4 diff res, makes it harder.

But not the sylph is the rl problem i think, togheter with those euds, cant do it anymore,

so for the mean time, back to tok hard.
                        ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
                        Server: S444 Silent Arena
                        Char: Knight
                        Lvl: 80
                        Br: 6m and crowing.
                        Main Sylph: Arise
                        Guard: Oracle

Comment

Working...
                        X