Move from Kabam to R2 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move from Kabam to R2 server

I have been playing this game for almost 3 years, and R2 need to do something about the way Kabam, treats its player on their servers. I see where Others Proficiantcity, Dolly, actually do things for their servers players, where as Kabam
    does nothing, nor do they take care of the server. The Lag is so bad, you cant play the game worth a ****. I know R2/Wartune can be moved from Kabam servers, it was done with Yahoo when they shut wartune down from being played on
    Yahoo. Kabam has a rewards program for playing through Kabam , but it does not work and for 3 years I have never recieved anything from Kabam for playing on their server. R2 needs to intervene and either get Kabam on-board with R2
    standards, or help the people that play on Kabam servers get moved to R2 servers.

This would be nice but not very likely to happen. I would want this myself for simple reason of mini-client. Everything about Kabam is terrible. They are worse then r2 which is really bad. Only way I see this actually happening though is if Kabam shut down.

Comment

It was not done with Yahoo. Yahoo Games players were already Kabam players. The only thing that changed was how they logged in. The "transfer" was only the existing character being tied to a Kabam account so people could keep playing after the Yahoo Games portal was closed, but the characters didn't move anywhere.

Games that exist across several platforms will only merge the servers together when one platform is shutting the game down and both companies come to an agreement on the terms of that merge. Moving single characters anywhere is not possible.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Then why cant R2 get Kabam, to work on their server to make the game better, it sucks playing on Kabam server, they don't care about the players, the lag is so bad that some areas are not worth playing anymore.

Comment

I want to add that I have spent plenty of time on both Kabam and R2, and have played to 80-advanced on both providers. Kabam's lag is much worse than R2. It is easier to play two characters simultaneously on R2 that it is to play one character on Kabam. It is that much worse.

Comment

and yet kabam has the most merged sylphs lol

Comment

Originally posted by R237584386 View Post
              Then why cant R2 get Kabam, to work on their server to make the game better, it sucks playing on Kabam server, they don't care about the players, the lag is so bad that some areas are not worth playing anymore.
              I think you're blaming something on Kabam that's true of every server, everywhere. The lag is completely miserable no matter where you play this game, and the developers have proven themselves completely incompetent to fix it - the "hide everyone" option is a half-assed solution at best, and it barely improves things.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                It was not done with Yahoo. Yahoo Games players were already Kabam players. The only thing that changed was how they logged in. The "transfer" was only the existing character being tied to a Kabam account so people could keep playing after the Yahoo Games portal was closed, but the characters didn't move anywhere.

Games that exist across several platforms will only merge the servers together when one platform is shutting the game down and both companies come to an agreement on the terms of that merge. Moving single characters anywhere is not possible.
                Yes, no-one assumed that the transfers will go per player (multiple toons), it will be costly. So only option is full Kabam to R2 transfer.

Technically it is possible, you only change the credential management - similarly the same way as it was with Yahoo Games => Kabam Games.
                Then arise question if we share the same clone or not - I do not speak about APIed systems like store/support - if yes, it can be merged further; if not there should be few patches to synchronize both.

Other thing is the benefit/reward system merge as R2 does not share account benefits between games - it is task for sales/finance to find agreement. Even you get nothing back, there is still economy behind it.

Legally - it is much easier as both share same distributor.

So it is only on the good will and offer from R2 to Kabam.

Other thing is support - do not expect better support on R2, maybe you need to speak Chinese as English translations made issues for several support people
                Same for the lag - last patch created another memory hog that freezes game each 15 minutes for Garbage Collector in JavaScript to wipe the dynamic object they created.
                Last edited by P-J-J; 11-21-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

from a business perspective, Kabam & R2Games are separate entities doing business together. they can enter into agreements, but neither could manage the other.

from a technical perspective, the kabam server pool is basically a subset of R2, with an additional layer of indirection (authentication, support portal, etc.) between end customers & wartune servers. being an active daily kabam player, i would say, lag, disconnection & DNS issues are an order of magnitude worse than on R2. playing 2 characters on kabam could sometimes crash to the point of requiring reboot, while i routinely play 2 or even 3 on R2 servers with no problem. ironically, they do seem to have quite some whales. from experience, they are a small world of the extremes; most on kabam are either top or bottom players, they have a very tiny mid class, and no decent free players (because their freebies could never ever get a single unbound balen at all). R2 has way more servers & diversity, & overall most R2 players are doing much better than most kabam players. even tho my secondary toon now resides on a strong server on there, i still have no regret on spending all the game money on the weak R2 server where my main resides. just the frequent lag spikes & DNS errors are enough to keep my alt offline more often than my main even if i don't mind at all (and i do mind a little).

Comment

r2 deals with kabam servers they do kabams maintenance etc server merges and their events

kabam does jack and he sits on his *** all day

the only toime u deal with kabam when u use kabam payment facility which is a waste of space as if u dont recieve balens r2 wont deal with you

you ave to ticket kabam and their customer service is worse than r2

Comment

In reality the only distinction of players are 2 login numbers we have:

- 1st login number is unique per game
                      - 2nd is provider's name and our ID within his systems

So migration is lot easier than MemoryLane wrote.

Thanks R2_Sanguine for his insecure JavaScript login code that reveals details of cookie's credentials.

Comment

The merge has really messed up my interest for the game since i cannot even play anymore because i cant get into Wonderhill anymore.
                        Does anyone know which oceanic servers in r2 were merged with those of kabam ?

Last edited by X-23; 12-15-2017, 02:22 PM. Reason: personal info

Comment

You can try this and see if it helps http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...migration-info

If this is not the problem you are having can you please give me more details.
                          When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

Move to R2 client. you well never get the same treatment on another client kongergate/ kabam.. etc only on R2 well u get all the stuff. I have toons on s2 kongergate i do not us they were alpha test. then kabam lol. Now I run 2 active on the s726 server with 6 more asleep on lower servers. You need to move, starting over is half the fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X