TOK even on EASY has become Unplayable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOK even on EASY has become Unplayable

First, the lag is a massive problem, even if the game otherwise is not particularly laggy at that time. Since 5.1 patch, I avoided TOK as bigger players said that EASY was almost impossible- the opponents and the lag. I tried a couple of times with different groups. We couln't get past stage 1. Tonight, the group I was in had 1 player at 2.7 mil, one at 1.4 mil, one at 1 mil and me- I am about 850k but a strong mage.

We all started with HS. Myself and the 1 mil player did heals. All fully spun, potted. All at least 9 friends. The lag was so bad even if I saw I had 'awakened' I would hit '2' for heal and not get heal, I would get meteoric destroyer. It was almost impossible to see what one was doing or what skill was going out until it went acrioss the screen and it was usually one you set off 1 or 2 minutes prior.

The 2.7 mil player, one of the best on our server- she is even better than many at 3.5 mil- she said she would help, but that even with groups she tried with that had higher BR than her- they had not gotten past lvl 3 on EASY- and that TOK is always incredibly laggy, maybe because the opponents have Euds.

After several tries and everyone refreshing once, we got past stage 1 but not stage 2. We tried different skills, different configurations and in some cases different browsers.

I was told after that many bigger players had simply abandoned TOK, as in they simply do not do it that it is not worth the hassle anymore.

This is a big part of the so-called 'OPTIMIZED' 5.1

Wartune must rethink the entire 5.1 patch and the word 'Optimized'. OPTIMIZED for who?
    Reldra was here....

ToK is badly messed up with last patch. First, their eudaemons are stronger than the players themselves - it seems they have the same medals as the players. Second, it is possible that there is no difficulty difference between room 1-5, maybe not even between easy and nm - or just very little. Often, we fail on 1st room of NM, then next try, we do all 5 rooms.

I would like to grab this opportunity to forward a request to the top players. The developers made ToK a pain enough. Please, do not make it even harder by equipping Frigga if you are in ToK. Thanks
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

It is. One player in my group tonight said he had a theory...that maybe the programming was messed up and that if we tried TOK hard the next night, that we may do better, like a random thing. But you are correct, the EUDS of the opponents are stronger than most players.

Myself and my in-game husband, who has a much higher BR than myself, had previously gotten through the first 2 rounds of NM mode. We couldn;t do it every time, but we had a strategy and we could do it most of the time- just the 2 of us. Now, we would not be able to pass the first group on EASY. Before patch, I was able to solo EASY. Maybe that is not fair either, given my BR, but I should be able to solo the first round of EASY.
      Reldra was here....

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
        ToK is badly messed up with last patch. First, their eudaemons are stronger than the players themselves - it seems they have the same medals as the players. Second, it is possible that there is no difficulty difference between room 1-5, maybe not even between easy and nm - or just very little. Often, we fail on 1st room of NM, then next try, we do all 5 rooms.

I would like to grab this opportunity to forward a request to the top players. The developers made ToK a pain enough. Please, do not make it even harder by equipping Frigga if you are in ToK. Thanks
        frigga isn't the problem its those freaking wind rangers that are
        Cyanide
        Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
        Guild: Sicario

Comment

I still don't understand why they use the top 16 from the servers anyway, its obvious that none of them will strip, they lose the titles and why should they have to get up at silly o'clock to do that anyway?! Plus, when they are stripped, players attack them out of spite, stupidity or just don't think and they lose out in single arena etc too.

Seriously WT powers that be, just put 4 NPC "Kings" in without their eudis... it would save all of this and it would be the same for all players on all servers! Thank you
          Wartune
          IGN: Decima
          Guild: Elysium
          Server: S5 (Europe)
          Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
          IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
          Server : 59 (Europe)
          Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

Originally posted by R27639087 View Post
            First, the lag is a massive problem, even if the game otherwise is not particularly laggy at that time. Since 5.1 patch, I avoided TOK as bigger players said that EASY was almost impossible- the opponents and the lag. I tried a couple of times with different groups. We couln't get past stage 1. Tonight, the group I was in had 1 player at 2.7 mil, one at 1.4 mil, one at 1 mil and me- I am about 850k but a strong mage.

We all started with HS. Myself and the 1 mil player did heals. All fully spun, potted. All at least 9 friends. The lag was so bad even if I saw I had 'awakened' I would hit '2' for heal and not get heal, I would get meteoric destroyer. It was almost impossible to see what one was doing or what skill was going out until it went acrioss the screen and it was usually one you set off 1 or 2 minutes prior.

The 2.7 mil player, one of the best on our server- she is even better than many at 3.5 mil- she said she would help, but that even with groups she tried with that had higher BR than her- they had not gotten past lvl 3 on EASY- and that TOK is always incredibly laggy, maybe because the opponents have Euds.

After several tries and everyone refreshing once, we got past stage 1 but not stage 2. We tried different skills, different configurations and in some cases different browsers.

I was told after that many bigger players had simply abandoned TOK, as in they simply do not do it that it is not worth the hassle anymore.

This is a big part of the so-called 'OPTIMIZED' 5.1

Wartune must rethink the entire 5.1 patch and the word 'Optimized'. OPTIMIZED for who?
            "Optimize" is part of their language. So if we're gonna suggest anything to the devs, "optimize" is the keyword,
            and the rest of it is up to us to phrase our recommendation for arena and ToK
            e.g. optimize team / party battles with the option to summon eudaemons, OR to put away eudaemons in these battles,
            and make them available only in single player battle modes.

Comment

Screwing the game by messing with tok dam you. Not done tok for weeks thinking of quitting again, lot worse then before I quit thought come back give it another go see how well things have changed but seems only gotten worse.

Comment

Luckily in our server group top players dont use wind rangers yet so tok nightmare is doable, and if none of them has frigga/freya on its very easy. But tried helping friend in tok easy and with just 1 wind ranger was impossible, that poision ticks is ridiculous. And yes eudaemons are stronger than players. Tbh dont see much difference in easy or nightmare now and easy is supposed to be easy right?

Comment

One quick thought. If they are going to make tok so damn tough why not give out rewards commensurate? As opposed to the small rewards now

Comment

"Optimize" means in their language "Nerfed beyond recognition."
                    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Working...
                    X