battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlegrounds

can R2 make the battlegrounds easy and when i get attacked they are stronger me but my BR is in the between 500.00 to 600.00 the attacked has a BR in the 700.00 and +
    BR limit for battlegrounds
    60.00%
    or just like it is
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

There are many problems with Battlegrounds, and none of them would actually be solved by a br limit. My favorite solution is still exponential dryads, where the added bonus doubles for each consecutive loss, i.e. 20%, 40%, 80%, 160%, etc. Even the weakest players would be able to get a win after a few losses. And with enough losses, take on the strongest. That should help reduce spawn camping too.

If you instead try to fix it by setting limits on BR, players will lower their BR to get into an advantageous bracket, then gear up and demolish you just the same as before. Or you lock down everyone into brackets somehow, and the top players are forced to only fight each other in 3-5+ minute interminable battles, and they get angry and quit. Then because the income of the game has fallen off a cliff, it shuts down, and there's no more battleground to worry about.

Setting BR limits also encourages campers, and no one likes campers.

Comment

Only if they have it to the point you cannot change BR once you enter a BG (aka BR Lock). I was thinking something along the lines like the way they made it that you cannot plunder a person for being 10 levels above or below you. Something like you cannot attack anyone who is 20% above or below your entered BR. Yes, it will make most players off-limits to the Clifford that is looking for a free fight that he has to go after his own size, but it will give others a fighting chance in engaging each other without being pummeled by said Clifford. And, yeah, let them quit because they should not be going after weaker players anyways.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

they have lvl brackets ..
        being weak is part of bg .. its just plain whining oww there someone stronger then me that beat me and gave me dryads and still i cant beat him ( i cant play a competitive system therefor)

i not say no more then hands of bg dev
        its the only part of game that is remotely enjoyable after rest is totaly useless .. click watch movie .. click make food .. click f wifey .. click hover .. click do dishes .. click f wifey again out of bordom .. gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          Only if they have it to the point you cannot change BR once you enter a BG (aka BR Lock). I was thinking something along the lines like the way they made it that you cannot plunder a person for being 10 levels above or below you. Something like you cannot attack anyone who is 20% above or below your entered BR. Yes, it will make most players off-limits to the Clifford that is looking for a free fight that he has to go after his own size, but it will give others a fighting chance in engaging each other without being pummeled by said Clifford. And, yeah, let them quit because they should not be going after weaker players anyways.
          There's still a lot of tinkering you could do with a br lock. Like rest your eudaemon, strip off gems for certain stats, etc. And then you have to consider that a limit on who you can attack might leave you with no valid targets, especially if you're weak - 20% of 400k is 320k-480k, and if no one else is in that range, you're totally SOL (not to mention a 500k player can attack you, but you can't attack them). Plus, how do you tell who you can and can't attack? That's just introducing way too many new problems, with new mechanics, and the Wartune devs don't show any particular aptitude towards making the existing ones work right, much less completely new ones.

BG is designed to push players to kill over and over, so if you want to limit top players to only fighting each other, then honor gain, titles, and pvp points would need further adjustment to keep it fair to the players who are paying the most and keeping the game running. Like it or not, this is a pay to win game, and key to that is the winning.

Comment

Okay, here's my simple fix for BG; sort it by the number of cumulative kills you have. For example, 0-500, 501 -1000, ect. I'm sure the pro players will have a number of reasons why that wouldn't work, but at least if you're a weaker player, you'd see different people beating up on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienegg View Post
              Okay, here's my simple fix for BG; sort it by the number of cumulative kills you have. For example, 0-500, 501 -1000, ect. I'm sure the pro players will have a number of reasons why that wouldn't work, but at least if you're a weaker player, you'd see different people beating up on you.
              not such a good idea.....there are a lot of player in game, who have high BR and not such a high rate on wins.....

Comment

right now bg brackets are basically gone, so adding br bracket wouldn't help.
                level bracket doesn't work, because all bgs below lvl 70 are empty.
                br bracket doesn't work, because br is volatile & it's an imprecise measure of true power.
                killing titles/count bracket doesn't work, because it has been reset a few times, and new whales can easily take advantage of it while long-lasting old whales would have to suffer from it & end up fighting each other.

bg was meant to be a brutal place, and it still is.
                the current issue is that it has become unplayable by most people & it is dying fast.
                we can't (and probably shouldn't) make it friendly, but we need to restore it to a playable state.

suggesting a few simple improvements:

#1-suggest to use honor bracket.
                honor bracket works & it is a fair bracket for most players (it's especially bad for campers & old but weak players, but especially good for fast levelers & new whales
                ), but grouping people by honor also means everyone can only get the minimum honor pertaining to their title, which is slower honor gain for everyone. it certainly helps restore bg to a playable state, though i'm not sure if everyone is willing to sacrifice some amount of fast honor gaining for the greater good of bg & all players.

#2-completely eliminate honor loss in bg for everyone.
                not intended to nerf vip benefits further (tho as a side effect this is nerfing vip benefits again), but bg is just not doable for most free players (maybe only the former cashers who recently stopped spending could still play it). most of them either don't go to bg or just hide in camp for the last 5 minutes, which significantly shrinks the number of bg participant & forces the stronger players to fight each other. an average player has to either follow the free player's route or run out of camp & fall prey to whales & bullies. even the whales sometimes have to get killed by other whales because bg has become so small. it's just a tougher place for everyone. the mid & high levels are starving, because the bottom level of the food chain is missing. eliminating honor loss helps to restore the grass root level. it doesn't make the freebies happier, but at least they can run out of camp and take some beatings without worrying about honor loss. free players aren't much valued in this game, but the paying players need them, so they still drive business indirectly.

#3-killing the same player repeatedly in the same bg doesn't count towards title.
                killing the same player repeatedly in the same bg doesn't count towards honor gain any more, but lots players go after the killing titles, so not getting honor doesn't stop them from picking on weak players or killing their own alts for credit towards title.

#4-immunity mode (new feature similar to GB skill).
                a player becomes immune to attack by other players after they have suffered a certain number of consecutive defeats, let's say, 5 defeats in a row. they can still cart to avoid getting kicked from bg. once they attack another player, their immunity is gone. (being a very careless clicker in bg, i'll be the last one to benefit from this feature, but it's a good one to have for those who can't get kills at all).

Comment

Working...
                X