Arena Matching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Matching

Any ideas how arena matching really works? For the third day in a row, I've been in arena matching for 2 hours, but still only got 9-12 rounds in. Each fight is 1-3 minutes, so on average matching takes some 90-180 seconds. I don't think there's lack of players, since I had seen a dozen full rooms of 4 players on just my server alone (yet I had NEVER been matched against them in the past 3 days). Not sure if it has anything to do with recent patches. It wasn't like this a few weeks ago.

The R2 Way of Matching

1. If you stayed on for at least a minute during matching, be prepared for either easy fights (mainly from a new server) or some whale fights; both of which takes about 3-5 seconds before going back into the matching screen.
    2. You are never going to get anyone on your server, even though lots have joined. If that was possible, then people would have those decent fights (one which lasts at least 30-50 seconds).
    3. Some funny stuff has happened. Full teams get 1 or 2 players. 1 or 2 player teams get the full teams. Still, #1 applies as it's about 1 in 1,000,000 fights in your lifetime that you get one that's matched up with R2.

On that note, R2 has not answer for this as of yet.... and probably they will never answer since all they are good for is to drop it on the players and high tail it.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

actually I'm shocked that people let this arena ** fly. Deeply, deeply shocked.
      And now that almost no low players care anymore for it, those threads will start to pop. As they should.
      Thing is, now that most if not all cashing campers leveled up or left, those changes could be reverted. They already served their purpouse.
      Heh, high hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
        The R2 Way of Matching

1. If you stayed on for at least a minute during matching, be prepared for either easy fights (mainly from a new server) or some whale fights; both of which takes about 3-5 seconds before going back into the matching screen.
        2. You are never going to get anyone on your server, even though lots have joined. If that was possible, then people would have those decent fights (one which lasts at least 30-50 seconds).
        3. Some funny stuff has happened. Full teams get 1 or 2 players. 1 or 2 player teams get the full teams. Still, #1 applies as it's about 1 in 1,000,000 fights in your lifetime that you get one that's matched up with R2.

On that note, R2 has not answer for this as of yet.... and probably they will never answer since all they are good for is to drop it on the players and high tail it.

I've had Arena fights against other players on my server. Also, they will never ever be able to give us "fair" or "balanced" fights in the arena simply because it is a daily event and there are too many variables involved to make it possible to evenly match every single fight. The current system is about as good as its going to get because if they attempt to make every fight balanced, you're either going to win or lose every match, and/or the fights are going to be very long with much longer waiting times to be matched up.
        Keep in mind that your ranking/points most likely factors in to how you're matched up. I've noticed when attending the various arenas every single day, I tend to get trashed more frequently by the whales as the week progresses. So I wait until about Thursday or Friday before I start doing them so most of the matches are quicker.
        Last edited by TolapPumj; 12-21-2015, 12:53 AM. Reason: Typographical error

Comment

Working...
        X