Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, I was out and about in creating a new R2 account, so it asks me for my email, in which I put in along with password, birthday, and agreement. There is no place to put in a user name of choice, so I clicked on submit, and was taken into my R2 page (under the new account). Now my question is kind of two-fold:

1. Is there a place where we can create a real user ID in place of an email address like before?

2. How would it be shown in forums should I decide to use that to comment on a different R2 based forum (say, Shadowbound) since your R2 account is across all forums and can't be arsed with changing the signature?

A few pitfalls I find with this way:

1. Many people will see your email address, and send you spam (or put you on lists you never signed up for).

2. People can use that email address to hack facebook or that email service in reseting a password to hijack it.

Personally, I don't like having my email address anywhere, even the ones I used to filter out junk from my real one. So an answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

I have been ranting about this for months. It was a change they made when they rolled out the new platform. Your username defaults to the email address used to sign up. They didn't finish integration with the forum, so there's no way to change the name for the forum. If they ever finish that, then the edit button on your mainsite profile will change your displayed name.

As for how it looks on the forum, if you used someguy@someemail, then your forum name will be someguy.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Simple answer: just make a new email only for games and stuff you do. Save your most used email for important stuff like work. I personally changed the email of that account 5 times already (not because of hackers but because of priorities, hackers dont scare me at all )
      You cant get away from hackers if they are after you. They dont need your email to be seen to haunt you in fb or any other social network :P
      <Wartune>

Name: NightFer
      Server: S183
      Class: Mage
      Level: 80
      BR: 3mil+
      Guild: Fallen

Comment

Originally posted by NightFer View Post
        Simple answer: just make a new email only for games and stuff you do. Save your most used email for important stuff like work. I personally changed the email of that account 5 times already (not because of hackers but because of priorities, hackers dont scare me at all )
        You cant get away from hackers if they are after you. They dont need your email to be seen to haunt you in fb or any other social network :P
        Oh trust me, I went after FB with an electron microscope when they had that loophole where you can use the page ID (the item that follows after fb.com/) along with @facebook.com to log in. Had one person tried to hack me from this way, but since the big iron went down (in the form of security settings), that person didn't get my account. Of course, FB never tells us of the new stuff they did until they already done it and didn't bother to give us details of such. Took me a while to realize after checking my profile that this loophole was in place that I went and hid it/not showing it (my email on there never shows to anyone, public or friends list), and the hacking stopped.

Ah, okay, MemoryLane. So I am thinking there are backups in place for when people use the same prefix (as in "someguy") in different email domains when registering (like allowing to change, suffix numbers like 1, 2, 3, etc.). I did toy with the naming aspect on the main site page, but didn't think it was something that could be used in a forum setting.

Comment

I am glad you asked that question. I don't know if it differentiates between same name but different domain for the forum username. I will have to test that out.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            I am glad you asked that question. I don't know if it differentiates between same name but different domain for the forum username. I will have to test that out.
            Heh heh, takes me back to the times I remember people used to fight to get that perfect user name without any suffixes (numbers or letters) within a domain. There was a time as well that there was a guy who had several email accounts all registered to the same user name. Imagine if he was playing on here to register them all. Myself, I have game email account along with aliases created so all go into once place, totally separate from my personal email which I kept secret (only the important places like my bank has it). Anyways, guess we will have to test to see.

Comment

Working...
            X