R2 client is not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 client is not working

I am having a problem with the new r2 1.0.2 mini client. I can login but the program crashes when I hit play again. Windows says it is working on a solution and will notify if there is an update available..........

Same Here.

Comment

Same here was working fine till win 10 update ?

Comment

Came across that a few days back, but it wasn't only your client but of other programs that isn't certified by Microsoft/Windows. A simple fix for you Windows 10 people is to go into your Windows Update, click on Installed Updates, and looking under the Windows Security Update Section and removing the latest (should be around the 29th of December or later or closer) security update from the list. I wish I could give you the name but it was the heat of the moment and I was happy that I was able to run my modules again.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I did do that yesterday with the removal of the security update and the module worked again, but today the same problem popped up again. I will try something else to see if the problem clears up.

Comment

If you have Windows 10, your updates are installed automatically. There is no way to shut them off like in the past versions of Windows. I found the name (full) of the update that keeps installing:

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)

[Removed this section as it's explained in the next post]
            Last edited by Meikura001; 01-01-2016, 03:13 PM. Reason: final

Comment

The Low Down.........

Note: I am creating this separate post to place in the steps to be linked later on any thread having the same problem.

If you get an error message along the lines that "Windows has closed this program..." on something you know it had worked, you're not alone. I run Windows 10 on my machine that updates automatically as there is no shut off switch like in the previous versions of Windows. The following are steps on how to make your mini/R2 Client (I don't use either as I use a custom web based app that uses the Internet Explorer/Edge browsing object without all the memory hogging -- average 250 MB memory per module) working again:

1. Access Windows Updates either through Control Panel or just typing it on the search bar.
              2. Click on Advanced Options.
              3. Click on View Update History.
              4. Locate the update named Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372).
              5. Once found, double click on it to remove it and close the box.

You are not done, keep reading for the final steps:

6. Download the Tool from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930.
              7. After downloading, run the tool onto your computer.*
              8. Follow the onscreen prompts. You will find the update in question in the results.
              9. Check in the update in question, and click on Next to begin fixing.
              10. Close that tool and run your program as usual.

* - The update must be manually uninstalled by you prior to running this tool or it won't show up on the list (confirmed) when it scans. Good luck.

Comment

on firestone,it keeps zooming in on a part of the screen and won't actually load... :'( i really want to talk to the community there again.

Comment

Originally posted by james.smith1w View Post
                  on firestone,it keeps zooming in on a part of the screen and won't actually load... :'( i really want to talk to the community there again.
                  This thread isn't in the Firestone subforum, and Firestone doesn't use the client. Please post a new thread in the Firestone forum and show us what's going on, please.
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                  X