Time Out Rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Out Rule

The time out rule in competitions needs to change with the ever changing game. Too many players are taking advantage of this rule, and healing their way to a lazy victory, or setting up a lower battle rating team on purpose to outlast the clock. It was a great rule when the game was new and kept the competition alive, but the game has changed, and with it so should some of the rules. I don't think the victory should go to the highest battle rating team, but it should go to the team that had the highest cumulative attack points. It's obvious that a team that did more damage would have won the fight if there wasn't any time limit, but no. With players and teams taking advantage of this rule, it's making it really difficult to even want to keep playing.

Originally posted by Wickedlei View Post
    The time out rule in competitions needs to change with the ever changing game. Too many players are taking advantage of this rule, and healing their way to a lazy victory, or setting up a lower battle rating team on purpose to outlast the clock. It was a great rule when the game was new and kept the competition alive, but the game has changed, and with it so should some of the rules. I don't think the victory should go to the highest battle rating team, but it should go to the team that had the highest cumulative attack points. It's obvious that a team that did more damage would have won the fight if there wasn't any time limit, but no. With players and teams taking advantage of this rule, it's making it really difficult to even want to keep playing.t
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but in events like Titan war, and Class wars - at the end of the allotted time, the person/team with the highest amount of accumulated damage wins. You can't heal your way to a victory, or whatever else you were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      You can't heal your way to a victory
      It's actually the other way around, who heal the most is likely gonna lose on damage, trick is to heal the least possible and still survive till the end of a match.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        It's actually the other way around, who heal the most is likely gonna lose on damage, trick is to heal the least possible and still survive till the end of a match.
        Thankfully fights are no longer like the mage Class Wars from forever ago, where you just tried to have full health at the end of the round.

Comment

Topic wasn't up for discussion. You should all pay more attention. A time out win goes to lowest cumulative battle rating, not HP and not most damage done. This rule has been in place for a long time, and was once posted in the forum strategy guide. Probably still is. Stop listening to newbs that don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

Topic wasn't up for discussion. You should all pay more attention. A time out win goes to lowest cumulative battle rating, not HP and not most damage done. This rule has been in place for a long time, and was once posted in the forum strategy guide. Probably still is. Stop listening to newbs that don't know what they're talking about.
            Lol, sure, that's why on titan finals we won at least 2 fight on time out against group with lower br than us.

Comment

No.... you should pay more attention. That rule was changed like 6 patches back, because mages complained that the class wars fights would last 3 minutes, and was just a race to see who could end the match with the most health. If what you are proposing was true, people would just enter with full heals and no eudaemon and just heal it out, and yet they don't.

Comment

Ok smarty pants, explain this. My team composed of 4 players with over 19 mil battle rating lost 3 times due to time outs to one team composed of 8.9 mil battle rating. There are no marriages on my team, but the other team was married with level 9 rings. throughout all 3 of the matches, their team did not attack unless it was needed for rage and did nothing but heal and revive the whole way until the match timed out. Twice we lost to them during prelims, and once in the finals.

Since you all know so much explain it!

And while you're trying to think of an excuse. Explain how that same team of 2 being the lowest ranked team in Titan wars finals managed to come in 5th place.

Or you could explain how I myself have used the same dirty tactic by lowering my battle rating in the last 3 class wars by using a weak sylph team to lower my battle rating so I can win by default time outs to those with slightly lower battle rating than myself.
                Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-18-2016, 08:52 AM. Reason: post merge

Comment

Well, we all believed what the devs said, that damage counts. But actually, no one could verify this. On the contrary, sometimes we saw very suspicious outcomes. Now that you say, last CW, I had time out with like 8 big whales, all much stronger than me, and I was winner in each match but one. I thought, wee, they had big HP eudaemons I could chaos and aoe all the match. But maybe its the other way, and you are right. The lazy bastards dont bother counting damage. Will try to test this out somehow Ty for info!
                  But one thing is sure, its not just "lower BR wins". I remember beating lower level people every time when they were just healing (in CW).
                  My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

dont think ur getting how time out fights are won i went full distance with cane chung and another top 16 archer on east coast last class wars im 4.9mil br normally (not including 2 support sylphs) and got the loss both times ill admit going full distance with them was a win in my eyes due to how much stronger they are but was my only 3 losses in prelims

Comment

Actualy that would explain the 4 losses my team took on prelims and another 4 in finals of Titan wars, we are one of the highest BR teams and all those battles were lost with 1 player left only, clinging to life with very little hp left.

JBird
                      Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                      Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                      One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
                        Actualy that would explain the 4 losses my team took on prelims and another 4 in finals of Titan wars, we are one of the highest BR teams and all those battles were lost with 1 player left only, clinging to life with very little hp left.
                        No bird, you lose by damage because you keep healing your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                          No bird, you lose by damage because you keep healing your kids.
                          That could explain it also, the damage that kids take is massive compared to Chars.
                          I hardly heal but the 2 oracles did in fact heal, so at least 2 of the euds were up for a long time in most battles. With stronger teams they died pretty fast, but those were not our losses.
                          Last edited by JBirdie; 01-18-2016, 12:32 PM.

JBird
                          Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                          Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                          One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

i learned not to heal that much anymore in cw or titan. before i did, i lost a lot of fight with out of time, and to much healing

now i dont heal, only with rune,

Our team was very low ranked, but win one match in titan finals because other team healed to much with euds.
                            ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
                            Server: S444 Silent Arena
                            Char: Knight
                            Lvl: 80
                            Br: 6m and crowing.
                            Main Sylph: Arise
                            Guard: Oracle

Comment

My team composed of 4 players with over 19 mil battle rating lost 3 times due to time outs to one team composed of 8.9 mil battle rating. There are no marriages on my team, but the other team was married with level 9 rings. throughout all 3 of the matches, their team did not attack unless it was needed for rage and did nothing but heal and revive the whole way until the match timed out. Twice we lost to them during prelims, and once in the finals.
                              How do you know what their BR was for the prelim? Did they use eudaemon? Where they so much stronger that they were basically just auto-hitting you? There's a lot of different interpretations to what you just said, but aside from seeing a video of it, there's not a lot more I can say about it.

Explain how that same team of 2 being the lowest ranked team in Titan wars finals managed to come in 5th place.
                              They won the 5th most wins out of the top 16? I don't see how that's all that shocking.

Or you could explain how I myself have used the same dirty tactic by lowering my battle rating in the last 3 class wars by using a weak sylph team to lower my battle rating so I can win by default time outs to those with slightly lower battle rating than myself.
                              How do you know that was because the lower BR, and not because you won on damage?

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                              Well, we all believed what the devs said, that damage counts. But actually, no one could verify this. On the contrary, sometimes we saw very suspicious outcomes. Now that you say, last CW, I had time out with like 8 big whales, all much stronger than me, and I was winner in each match but one. I thought, wee, they had big HP eudaemons I could chaos and aoe all the match. But maybe its the other way, and you are right. The lazy bastards dont bother counting damage. Will try to test this out somehow Ty for info!
                              But one thing is sure, its not just "lower BR wins". I remember beating lower level people every time when they were just healing (in CW).
                              That is by far the best explanation I have seen.

I'm totally on board that there could be something glitchy or buggy with the damage, or perhaps some other factors. That being said, I can't get on board with the idea that you can just heal yourself until the end and win (if you are lower BR).

Comment

Working...
                              X