Time Out Rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gotta be lowest BR.

I lost a CW match once doing purely all damage and the other guy was just healing like crazy.

Comment

I'm a mage with a BR of about 5M, and I seriously considered quitting Wartune after CW finals last night. I was handed 5 losses based on the time out rule. There is simply nothing more frustrating than losing when it appears you've got the fight well in hand. In 4 of my losses, I was clearly winning and probably only a turn or two away from killing my opponent. In each case, I had all my HPs and both sylphs. Admittedly, one of the losses was legitimate. The other guy clearly had me beat.

Now, I understand why the time out rule is needed, but you have got to provide some transparency on how the outcome is determined. I've searched the forums and there is no definitive answer to how the default winner is determined. Lots of opinions, certainly. Might I suggest using a point system, DISPLAYING the points during the fight, so you know how who's winning, and most importantly post the point system in the help section so there's no mystery about the rules. Alternatively, perhaps extend the match slightly, but increase the damage multiplier faster (say every 20 secs) and raise the cap to 250% or 300%. That way death determines the winner. These seem like a fairly simple answers worth some discussion.

Based on the anger expressed on my server about this issue, these mystery wins/losses in CW are clearly not good for the game. Please do something to fix it.

Any helpful insight, answers, or suggestions from the Wartune community is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jopo189 View Post
        I've searched the forums and there is no definitive answer to how the default winner is determined. Lots of opinions, certainly.

Alternatively, perhaps extend the match slightly, but increase the damage multiplier faster (say every 20 secs) and raise the cap to 250% or 300%. That way death determines the winner. These seem like a fairly simple answers worth some discussion.
        I think there is a little green question mark inside the room of the CW that would say it was based on damage. That definitely was the case before, but it seems more and more people are coming forward saying its a flat BR comparison. I don't know if it's true, and the little help window is no real indication so......

They definitely, definitely should implement your idea.

Comment

I suspect it may not be damage done by all your sylphs / kids on the field, just like old world boss they may not have added kid and even troop sylph damage to the calculations.

Comment

It would be a good start to actually putting players 1st if they came out and let us know EXACTLY what formula determines a win/loss in CW`s.

Had fights I thought I had won hands down only to lose and a couple I thought I had easily lost and then won :/
            These Kind of things we NEED to know, cos atm I am barely healing during CW`s and TW`s etc if I can help it.
            BUT seeing the way some of the fights have gone is this a wrong tactic??
            And thats the problem, its all trial and error as we don`t know How to predict what to do to get a win :/
            Can any Mod or mentor query whether they can let us know HOW to calculate a win pls? Cos from what I have seen it is NOT purely based on damage :/

Comment

In time out, the win is given to the person/team that does most damage (both Class Wars and Titan Wars). Battle rating will ONLY come into play if each team did exact equal damage.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....992-Class-Wars

The above link is the Modification thread for Class Wars explaining this rule. I hope this clears things up a bit.
              Retired Moderator.

Comment

its rigged dont matter what u say with cheaters and hackers that dont get their stuff removed

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                  In time out, the win is given to the person/team that does most damage (both Class Wars and Titan Wars). Battle rating will ONLY come into play if each team did exact equal damage.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....992-Class-Wars

The above link is the Modification thread for Class Wars explaining this rule. I hope this clears things up a bit.
                  I think you might find that is wrong, when I go into a fight with someone who has all heals on their Euda mage,
                  2 Posiedons, wearing 1 and another as support and constantly healing. And I am 1 hit from killing them outright and I didn`t heal once and have BOTH support sylphs still alive.
                  I find it HIGHLY doubtful that person did MORE damage to me :/

Comment

After the seeds of doubts were put in my mind reading this topic, I paid closer attention to what's happening in class wars. And I'm still positive that damage dealt counts. We could have absolute certain only if someone makes a video, and notes down every damage done. But what I saw, I beat many players, who were lower BR than me, kept healing himself, and survived the fight. Actually, I ended 1st in Warlords hall, and I almost never healed. Also I was 20th in BR during Prelim, so I guess my BR was higher than most ppl's in Warriors Hall.

But I agree time out is never cool. Either give more time for each fight (and/or reduce number of rounds at the same time), or give more drastic increase in damage as time passes. As a side note, I never understood why there is no damage in increase in ToK, or eudaemon arena. Something that worked in the past is not applied to later features...
                    Last edited by Fherlayt; 01-25-2016, 04:54 AM.
                    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

In time out, the win is given to the person/team that does most damage (both Class Wars and Titan Wars).
                      Thanks for the confirmation Whakapono. As I and many others have noted, it seems hard to believe that I can have all my HPs and both sylphs alive while the other player is 1 or 2 shots away from death and still do less damage than s/he did. I'll definitely be paying closer attention to damage dealt next CWs.

At least for CW's, I still think it would be a much better gaming experience if the battle played out to its conclusion. CW is scheduled for an hour, so increase the length of the fight by 30 - 60 seconds, and raise the damage multiplier by 50% every 30 seconds after the first minute. This way, the event still only lasts an hour or less, and there's a much higher chance of one player dying. For a 4-minute fight, players will be doing 300% damage at the 3:30 mark.
                      Last edited by Jopo189; 01-25-2016, 07:04 AM. Reason: Remove typo

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                        no damage in increase in ToK, or eudaemon arena
                        Damage do increase in kid arena.

To everyone else, it is damage, just remember that not all damage count and that wartune love overkill.

Comment

Working...
                        X