Collection Bug resolved with new patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection Bug resolved with new patch

As the title says , is the issue resolved or no one still cares . Doing di or bi or even collecting event rewards is a pain with this bug.

Before anyone asks , no its not the issue with my internet or my pc . Im usually the first one to spin the dice , but it takes me more than a min to collect rewards in di. I have also tried clearing cache , updating flash, downgrading flash , reupgrading flash and heck, even trying it with a clean install of windows 7. No change whatsover , i havent tried it on a different system and thats about it , but from what i know , many people in my guild have the same problem and most dont .

Anyone have a solution or idea about it ?

Welcome to the world where they fix (or claim to) one thing and mess up another.

Comment

You get a min to collect while I get 30 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by NITHIND29 View Post
        As the title says , is the issue resolved or no one still cares . Doing di or bi or even collecting event rewards is a pain with this bug.

Before anyone asks , no its not the issue with my internet or my pc . Im usually the first one to spin the dice , but it takes me more than a min to collect rewards in di. I have also tried clearing cache , updating flash, downgrading flash , reupgrading flash and heck, even trying it with a clean install of windows 7. No change whatsover , i havent tried it on a different system and thats about it , but from what i know , many people in my guild have the same problem and most dont .

Anyone have a solution or idea about it ?
        So.... don't throw a rock at me or anything, but I think the problem may be your computer.

Do you mind posting your system specs?
        Post a pic of speedtest.net results while the game is running?
        Post a pic of the results of http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/465908 while the game is not running?
        (If you don't want to follow the particular link - google 'flash benchmark' newgrounds one)
        (Or this link if the other isn't working - http://www.snailsanimation.com/benchmark08_play.php, 'adobe flash benchmark' in google)

Not many people seem to suffer from this odd bug, and there are a few things I can think of right off that might be the culprit.

Did previous flash versions work? Have you tried rolling back some? ~ Check.
        You may not be caching data well. (cache already broken, but it does last as long as the game isn't reloaded, assuming it's loaded the first time) ~ Semi-Check.
        Have you tried any other browsers, if so which ones?
        Mini-Client?
        Your particular CPU may not work very well with flash.
        Onboard graphics/GPU not powerful enough?
        Is it a network issue? Do you randomly disconnect from wartune? Lag oddly at other times?
        Is it perhaps a problem that is isolated to your server? Is it highly prevalent on your server?

To make sure that I'm understanding correctly. Everything is smooth as a babies bottom, right? But whenever you run over a pile, it locks up?

P.S. - Sorry to the mods if I posted an 'illegal' link.
        Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-19-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
          So.... don't throw a rock at me or anything, but I think the problem may be your computer.

Do you mind posting your system specs?
          Post a pic of speedtest.net results while the game is running?
          Post a pic of the results of http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/465908 while the game is not running?
          (If you don't want to follow the particular link - google 'flash benchmark' newgrounds one)
          (Or this link if the other isn't working - http://www.snailsanimation.com/benchmark08_play.php, 'adobe flash benchmark' in google)

Not many people seem to suffer from this odd bug, and there are a few things I can think of right off that might be the culprit.

Did previous flash versions work? Have you tried rolling back some? ~ Check.
          You may not be caching data well. (cache already broken, but it does last as long as the game isn't reloaded, assuming it's loaded the first time) ~ Semi-Check.
          Have you tried any other browsers, if so which ones?
          Mini-Client?
          Your particular CPU may not work very well with flash.
          Onboard graphics/GPU not powerful enough?
          Is it a network issue? Do you randomly disconnect from wartune? Lag oddly at other times?
          Is it perhaps a problem that is isolated to your server? Is it highly prevalent on your server?

To make sure that I'm understanding correctly. Everything is smooth as a babies bottom, right? But whenever you run over a pile, it locks up?

P.S. - Sorry to the mods if I posted an 'illegal' link.

Sorry for late reply, had work.
          Anyways , system specs and speed test : http://imgur.com/a/Yjjcz
          Here's flash benchmarks : http://imgur.com/aof8elH

As far as flash versions go, like i said i did install few of the previous versions and updated them again, same results. I use Mini-Client and R2 client , same for me really, dont lag much .
          Yes, few of them do have this issue on this server, so there might be that, but the mentor who logged onto to our server didnt respond to my pm ( go R2 !! ) so thats a dead end and im too lazy to send any more tickets.

I hope that answers your questions =P

Oh , and my graphics card is R9 270x 2gb OC version
          Last edited by NITHIND29; 01-19-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Not sure I understand exactly what the problem is, but I'd guess it's more of a network issue than your PC. One thing I would definitely try is different browsers, though. The most reliable one I've found for the game is Maxthon, but try a few to see if you get any different results.
            I can get dramatically different results with different browsers. And in some cases, having any other script-using page open in the same browser can completely kill performance.

Comment

Sorry for late reply, had work.
              Anyways , system specs and speed test : http://imgur.com/a/Yjjcz
              Here's flash benchmarks : http://imgur.com/aof8elH

As far as flash versions go, like i said i did install few of the previous versions and updated them again, same results. I use Mini-Client and R2 client , same for me really, dont lag much .
              Yes, few of them do have this issue on this server, so there might be that, but the mentor who logged onto to our server didnt respond to my pm ( go R2 !! ) so thats a dead end and im too lazy to send any more tickets.

I hope that answers your questions =P

Oh , and my graphics card is R9 270x 2gb OC version
              Hmm....

Well your system specs look quite up to spec, a pretty good evaluation on the benchmarks. Internet speed is a little on the slower end, but it should be by far more than enough for wartune.

As MrFancyPants recommends, I would probably ask that you use a browser to see if you get the same problem - and then we'll go from there.
              How far back did you roll your flash versions? I would try a later version from each of the subsets 17.x, 18.x, 19.x first to see if there's any noticeable change.

Windows 10 is another anomaly(as I have virtually no experience with it), there might be a service or process that is running in the background that's causing the problem. I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Hmm....

Well your system specs look quite up to spec, a pretty good evaluation on the benchmarks. Internet speed is a little on the slower end, but it should be by far more than enough for wartune.

As MrFancyPants recommends, I would probably ask that you use a browser to see if you get the same problem - and then we'll go from there.
                How far back did you roll your flash versions? I would try a later version from each of the subsets 17.x, 18.x, 19.x first to see if there's any noticeable change.

Windows 10 is another anomaly(as I have virtually no experience with it), there might be a service or process that is running in the background that's causing the problem. I'll see what I can find.
                After doing a little research, I managed to find a few things that might be the issue. A couple of the issues/fixes may lead us down a rabbit hole unfortunately - fundamental services for Windows 10.

The problem may be Windows 10 itself, but that would be even weirder considering you said you did a clean install of windows 7 before, and that didn't fix the problem either.

I assume you're not having any microstutter or screen tearing? Issues with other games?

Comment

So we must be professors now? To play wartune? Before 1-2 months collection was ok.....now is ur computer fault? give me a break!!!!!!

Comment

After doing a little research, I managed to find a few things that might be the issue. A couple of the issues/fixes may lead us down a rabbit hole unfortunately - fundamental services for Windows 10.

The problem may be Windows 10 itself, but that would be even weirder considering you said you did a clean install of windows 7 before, and that didn't fix the problem either.

I assume you're not having any microstutter or screen tearing? Issues with other games?

Yes, the issue is not with windows 10 , since its the same in Windows 7 as well .

As far as browsers and flash players go , I installed everything from version 12 onwards , mini client doesnt even open on them only Maxthon supports them . No change whatsover. Imma just give up , I'm tired of trying so many fixes which doesnt seem to help me in anyway. If the issue was with the entire game, then I would be sure the issue was on my side , but the only problem i have is while collecting any in game rewards , so theres nothing much i can do left.

Comment

I have this problem when using a browser, chrome. When using either client, it works fine. While using a browser, everything else is fine but lags really bad when collecting in DI.

I am running Windows 7.

Comment

Yes, the issue is not with windows 10 , since its the same in Windows 7 as well .

As far as browsers and flash players go , I installed everything from version 12 onwards , mini client doesnt even open on them only Maxthon supports them . No change whatsover. Imma just give up , I'm tired of trying so many fixes which doesnt seem to help me in anyway. If the issue was with the entire game, then I would be sure the issue was on my side , but the only problem i have is while collecting any in game rewards , so theres nothing much i can do left.
                        I'm sorry to see that, it's completely understandable though. There's not many more ideas that I can think of that you haven't already eliminated... Sorry I couldn't help you figure it out. Good luck, hope you manage to figure out what's causing it.

Originally posted by xmariosx View Post
                        So we must be professors now? To play wartune? Before 1-2 months collection was ok.....now is ur computer fault? give me a break!!!!!!
                        What?
                        Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-20-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

What... what?

Comment

Originally posted by xmariosx View Post
                            What... what?
                            What...... as in..... What the hell are you talking about lol professor?

Comment

Temporary fix: Remove all the items collected from the dungeons (mount hooves, mount whips and dragon essence) and put them in guild vault or mail inventory.
                              Fill up your bag inventory to full, and then run DI, you will get all the rewards in mail which you can collect slowly later.

The issue is of the items dropping in your bag inventory has a long animation that is played everytime you collect a reward pile, leading to lag.
                              Wartune S157: bornleader | Stormthrone S14: bornleader

Comment

Working...
                              X