Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Not much interest in talking about patch 5.5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much interest in talking about patch 5.5?

I came here to look for comments and tips on 5.5, but the only two posts about the new patch are about guessing what day it will come, and a complaint about the sylphs that was redacted. Does anyone care?

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
    I came here to look for comments and tips on 5.5, but the only two posts about the new patch are about guessing what day it will come, and a complaint about the sylphs that was redacted. Does anyone care?
    People are frustrated with the lack of customer service, and in game issues/bugs.

That being said, there's not a whole lot in the patch.

Cosmetic changes.
    New Eudaemon that's pretty much useless.
    Knighthood, which the overwhelming majority of players can't access yet, and won't be able to for at least a year.
    Archaeology, which is probably the only semi-interesting thing in my opinion.

All in all, not a bad patch, but not really amazing either.

Comment

knighthood class adv 3 cant even do till tattoo requirements are up to the lvl they are needed maybe r2 needs to start to do normal henna events instead of adv henna

Comment

New patch has:

A replacement to the subclass system designed solely for $ that is roughly as far away as fused sylphs for the vast majority of players.
        A replacement to the replacement to the farm system.
        A eud that wont replace the good euds for anything.
        Archaeology, which will maybe do something useful some time?

New patch doesnt have:

Substance
        Last edited by Barraind; 01-25-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

This patch seem to me like a second tier after the combo sylph patches, merge pet made a huge difference between casher and high casher, this one is gonna make another big difference between high cashers and really high cashers. Basically an useless patch for the 99% of players, a bad patch for 0.99% and a good patch for 1 player only on eu server, dunno about us but don't think there are that many close to knighthood.

Comment

Originally posted by xharry005x View Post
            knighthood class adv 3 cant even do till tattoo requirements are up to the lvl they are needed maybe r2 needs to start to do normal henna events instead of adv henna
            ^^This please!^^

Comment

Let's not forget the 20-30% fluff BR increase, those are always exciting!

But really, almost nothing has actually changed for anyone. The farm changes are largely cosmetic, although much easier to energize other trees now. The tiny farm plots are extra annoying to click on though, so kind of a wash.

Archaeology is somewhat interesting, but looks like it might be a slog to do 30 every day, and a huge pain to need to jump between areas to complete sets.

And even henna events won't get us to knighthood much faster, unless they give out advanced henna as rewards for using normal. Even doubling our normal henna would only take us from 3.5 years to 20 months or so.

Comment

Archaeology is certainly ;'[very time consuming and seems to have only one objective; 'discover' large quantities of numerous items (that you don't actually receive) in order to exchange for products to remodel and decorate your farmhouse. What's the point??

Comment

Originally posted by haffwitt View Post
                  Archaeology is certainly ;'[very time consuming and seems to have only one objective; 'discover' large quantities of numerous items (that you don't actually receive) in order to exchange for products to remodel and decorate your farmhouse. What's the point??
                  If you don't like it, don't do it. Took me less than 10 mins to do all 30 digs and got 1k fangs of fear with little effort
                  IGN: princestewii
                  Class: Archer
                  Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                    If you don't like it, don't do it. Took me less than 10 mins to do all 30 digs and got 1k fangs of fear with little effort

you will also get titles and mounts. people just wanna complain

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                      While I get the zone name like Erandel when doing a dig, anyone want to tell me where you can find "MAP" in the world?
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Map is all over you get item shards from either "map" OR the selected area(deathly sands, erandel etc) im in auturic and a lot of my digs have gotten me 'map' shards instead

Comment

Originally posted by ScarletMoonLight View Post
                          you will also get titles and mounts. people just wanna complain
                          No, I don't want to 'just complain.' That was my perception after completing 30 digs. Am I not understanding this new mini-game at all?

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me as to how you actually acquired anything in your inventory, especially titles and mounts?!?!

And 'princestewii' got 1k fangs of fear?!? The only fangs rewards in the handbook are 2k, not 1k, which would require many days of digging with FREAKISH good luck to accumulate the large quantities of the exact three materials needed to collect the fangs.

Comment

Originally posted by haffwitt View Post
                            No, I don't want to 'just complain.' That was my perception after completing 30 digs. Am I not understanding this new mini-game at all?

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me as to how you actually acquired anything in your inventory, especially titles and mounts?!?!

And 'princestewii' got 1k fangs of fear?!? The only fangs rewards in the handbook are 2k, not 1k, which would require many days of digging with FREAKISH good luck to accumulate the large quantities of the exact three materials needed to collect the fangs.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled03.png
Views:	1
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1723238

getting another 1k tomorrow
                            IGN: princestewii
                            Class: Archer
                            Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Dear players, you have to understand that free players wont get adv henna for free for awhile or just a small fraction of it from exchange events. They are not doing this to make bigger difference between free players and cashers or even between light cashers and heavy cashers, they are just milking money. Most big cashers got their fused sylphs so this gold mine ran out, adv henna will be a new gold mine for some time. This game is not about players its all about profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X