Question About Mentor Hiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Mentor Hiring

So, I have a question about the Mentoring Program, which I think sounds a bit stupid, but it has to be said.

WHY do you have to be 18 to sign up?!

I turn 18 in 5 months, and yet I meet every part in the criteria, but I can't apply because I'm not 18?!

I'm sorry, but it just sounds absolutely unfair, to those in late teens. They could hold ALL the knowledge of the game, every secret, every trick in the book, but they can't apply to put that knowledge to use because of their AGE?!

Originally posted by JackieTheBrave View Post
    So, I have a question about the Mentoring Program, which I think sounds a bit stupid, but it has to be said.

WHY do you have to be 18 to sign up?!

I turn 18 in 5 months, and yet I meet every part in the criteria, but I can't apply because I'm not 18?!

I'm sorry, but it just sounds absolutely unfair, to those in late teens. They could hold ALL the knowledge of the game, every secret, every trick in the book, but they can't apply to put that knowledge to use because of their AGE?!
    It might be a legal issue, but it probably has more to do with maturity than anything. They just had to pick an arbitrary line in the sand.

Comment

Hey, I have matured. I know it may not seem like it because I have a mental condition, but I am mature, despite my age. I will admit, it was hard to mature in a quick time, but it was managed.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieTheBrave View Post
        Hey, I have matured. I know it may not seem like it because I have a mental condition, but I am mature, despite my age. I will admit, it was hard to mature in a quick time, but it was managed.
        Lol I didn't mean it like that. Mentors are probably cussed out daily whenever they go to servers to help, anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows it takes a bit of willpower/maturity not to do it back.

Comment

I know that feeling. I've found ways to cope with it, though. I have a friend on my server who says if I ever feel angry, I can take it out on her. I must say, it's helped a lot as well... but I still like taking it out on monsters in dungeons

Comment

We require all applicants (and mentors) to be at least 18 years of age because for most of the world that is seen as 'Adult' age, where individuals become responsible for their own actions, behaviors, etc.

Not to say that people under that age aren't capable of managing themselves, as that's not always the case at all, but this is the requirement that has been set in place for the program by r2. It has always been this way, and will probably always be.

You are more than welcome to apply to join our team once you have reached 18, I'm sorry but I'm not able to give you the go-ahead to bypass the rule. The time required by the program is also more fit for an adult than a younger teen as well, especially with things like compulsory education still being ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Thanatos View Post
              ... especially with things like compulsory education still being ongoing.
              I wonder what "compulsory education" is going on these days in the world of bad filter use.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
              X