Nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerf

Can some one define "Nerf" please, I'm not up to date with cyber lingo......

nerf is the opposite of buff, to make the item less desirable or powerful. like if a weapon did 100k damage, it could be nefed to only do 60k damage,. You're welcome

Comment

Nerf to us is what Optimize is to R2. A few examples would be the minigames they have now compared to what it was 2 years ago. Or the skimping of events that were once unlimited.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

The term actually comes from a toy making company called Nerf. They are famous for making soft and safe versions of toys that are normally hard and/or dangerous. For example, they make foam versions of sports balls, and toy guns that shoot foam pellets. Thus, if something gets "nerfed," it is turned into a softer, safer version of the original. In video games, in gams, it usually means an item has been made weaker and/or less useful.

Comment

"it's Nerf or it's nothing". Interesting. I, too, became new to the lingo that I had wondered why people used the name when talking about the quality of a service or product. In my time, we just use a poor rodent's name when describing a cheap, useless, piece of <expletive>.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
          X