Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knighthood for mages : hell or heaven????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knighthood for mages : hell or heaven????

    A Mage with out heals in battle with new knighthood and messed up rage build?

    I myself thinking to quit because of this thing, new knighthood heal skills suck when compared to old ones, choosing offensive path with wide open low defenses and no heals made me think like this

    So what do u say guys ??

    Do this thing changes or quitting is best option??

    Pls comment ur suggestions here

  • #2
    you dont ave to do knighthood dont finish quest 3 lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Why would you quit because of new mage talents? Be happy to be able to build something "new and unique"

      Are you blind to see how overpowered the healing spec of a mage is? Especially in PvP group Fights -don't compare the amounts you heal per "skill use" but also the different effects you gain from your new skills - it's not just "The heal"
      Also leaving you the option to build on a "None crit" Healing Mage focusing on a large HP pool (having awesome use of frigga + HP in each of her equips) and Large Defensive pool rather than stacking MATK (int) and CRIT

      Example for a PvP party: "control mage" aka going arcane - use in party: debuffing enemies defense / maxing parties awa - Use in fight: Light and Dark sylph // "wall of meat mage" (lets call him WOM Mage aka going restoration - use in party: being tanky meat shield + filling your party with shields / heals / cleanses - Use in fights: Wind and Water Sylph // "YOU SHALL NOT PASS knight" (lets call him YSNP knight aka going the defensive path) - use in party: shielding your party - soaking up damage - laughing at them as your hp bar never decreases - Use in fights: Wind and Water Sylph // "Dot'em Till Death" Archer (lets call him DoD archer) use in party: dispelling enemies - keeping up as many dots as humanly possible at all times and overall decreasing enemies parties performance - Use in Fights: Electro and Fire Sylph


      new mages gonna have a sweet home in many parties...nothing to worry about
      Last edited by R2128661220; 02-04-2016, 05:35 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        ... All those merged sylphs... Someone's put a pretty penny into the game...

        Anyway, Knighthood is all about going nuclear. Forget your tactics, forget everything. Just nuke, nuke, nuke. The likes of merged sylphs and stuff like that has made it nigh impossible for noncashers to stay even remotely competitive, and Knighthood is a step further in the same direction.

        The thing that people don't seem to talk about with Knighthood are all those poor sods who paid for beads of influence and find it all made useless in 1 shot because there are no influence based skills in Knighthood.
        Last edited by AdaJames; 02-04-2016, 08:26 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Another thread regarding this matter. Hope the game could see why there are threads like this. It is unfair that Knight and Archer gets improve while Mage got nerf. I have a character of each class and I am looking at this at different views.

          1. Rage gain: Knight gets +30 rage per hit on basic skill, Archer gets +20 rage on basic skill, and Mage gets +10 rage on basic skill.
          Knight has a passive to have a chance of gaining rage per hit, Archer has a passive to gain rage while landing a crit AND a chance to decrease rage, and Mage gets nothing.

          2. Damage: Archer got way more op skills, Knights got stronger skills w/ good special effects, and Mage got stronger set of skills too but way weaker than other two.

          3. Path: Archer 1st path got op offense skills and 2nd path got decent damage + hp gain. Knight 1st path got good offense skill + special effect and 2nd path is a little lacking too as it was purely defense skills w/o any offense but as we can all see the def skills is op. Mage, 1st path got decent damage but weaker and some points like special effects and 2nd path... heals got nerf way too much and no offense skill.


          So lack in rage, lack in damage + special effect, and lack in path more on Restoration. Even we say the Arcane path isn't that bad, w/o the rage, how to cast?
          Last edited by TheTesterS; 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            It depends on the Knighthood items and whether they affect rage. If they have, say, 30 rage after every action, any additional rage gain might be redundant.

            I highly doubt it, though. R2 staff are archer players.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheTesterS View Post
              Another thread regarding this matter. Hope the game could see why there are threads like this. It is unfair that Knight and Archer gets improve while Mage got nerf.
              Looks like this is the first game you have ever played and never thought about "using different builds" or "different strategies" - finally they release an awesome update with different paths to choose and also finally to choose your own build rather than "no crit mage = sux mage" and you start complaining how unfair this and that is and other classes op op

              1st - your rage management did change a tiny bit from pre knighthood - the 8% chance to reduce rage consumption got replaces with an ensured 2 extra rage per attack so basically a 8% chance to reduce rage vs 100% chance to gain 2 extra rage per gust - if you compare both of them

              2nd - your hps (healing per second) increased - MAY have less burst heal than pre knighthood *but* you get more hps wich makes it more viable in long fights NOT to mention the awesome purification on the same cooldown wich makes it an awesome spell compared to pre knighthood - also note if youre got far less BR than your mates you gonna heal a TON more now cause its based on HP rather than YOUR matk .IF you are the best mage cross server and got 1 billion matk and all your other server mates are REALLY bad then ofc the heal got nerfed for you

              3rd. stop comparing mage into archer and knights - they are a diff class and got diff jobs - just because you can roflstomp way lower br players and never had to check your build - doesn mean there is none - builds do exist since the new patch and you can use them to make some aweosme combinations and kill on par BR players with ease if you come up with the right skills/builds and strategy maybe even higher guys than your br

              Comment


              • #8
                I've not been able to read up on this yet, but can you only pick from one tree if you meet both requirements? and if not, if you have 2 tree's can you have one dmg and one heal?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apparently, it is like dual skills that you pay for if you meet both requirements.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really fail to see the problem there (if i understood knighthood skill correctly), you lose heals on damage tree, knight lose shield and archer got even more damage. I don't see losing heals being the problem there except for those that overheal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by R2128661220 View Post
                      Looks like this is the first game you have ever played and never thought about "using different builds" or "different strategies" - finally they release an awesome update with different paths to choose and also finally to choose your own build rather than "no crit mage = sux mage" and you start complaining how unfair this and that is and other classes op op

                      1st - your rage management did change a tiny bit from pre knighthood - the 8% chance to reduce rage consumption got replaces with an ensured 2 extra rage per attack so basically a 8% chance to reduce rage vs 100% chance to gain 2 extra rage per gust - if you compare both of them

                      2nd - your hps (healing per second) increased - MAY have less burst heal than pre knighthood *but* you get more hps wich makes it more viable in long fights NOT to mention the awesome purification on the same cooldown wich makes it an awesome spell compared to pre knighthood - also note if youre got far less BR than your mates you gonna heal a TON more now cause its based on HP rather than YOUR matk .IF you are the best mage cross server and got 1 billion matk and all your other server mates are REALLY bad then ofc the heal got nerfed for you

                      3rd. stop comparing mage into archer and knights - they are a diff class and got diff jobs - just because you can roflstomp way lower br players and never had to check your build - doesn mean there is none - builds do exist since the new patch and you can use them to make some aweosme combinations and kill on par BR players with ease if you come up with the right skills/builds and strategy maybe even higher guys than your br

                      Well I'm curious about the rage. All classes I presume still get their +10 rage from weapon. The two main skills for all classes are 2s CDs, meaning you could technically spam them, but would probably be better from a damage standpoint to alternate them, unless you're quite the lagger.

                      So, Knights would have a +40 rage gain every other turn from the first skill(gash). The second skill (wrath strike) costs 10 rage, so no net gain.
                      Mages would gain +20 rage every other turn from the first skill (gust). The second skill (fiery lotus) costs 10 rage, so no net gain.
                      Archers gain +30 every other turn from the first skill (armed shot). The second skill (multi-shot) costs 10 rage, so no net gain.

                      Mages do seem to be getting the short end of the stick. This also ignores archers' 'Evil Revelation' which has a 35% chance to restore 5 rage on a crit, and knights' 'Blood Surge' with has a 20% chance to give 30 rage - but I was ignoring them for the sake of argument.

                      I assume there's no need to take into account the current skills and passives, since knighthood does away with them? Knights with the +10 rage to every action, Mages with their bonus rage to enemies hit (and rage reduce talent), Archers with their +5 rage to every crit.... etc... etc. If those old passives are still in effect.... total game changer.
                      Last edited by Alsatia01; 02-04-2016, 11:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R2128661220 View Post
                        Looks like this is the first game you have ever played and never thought about "using different builds" or "different strategies" - finally they release an awesome update with different paths to choose and also finally to choose your own build rather than "no crit mage = sux mage" and you start complaining how unfair this and that is and other classes op op

                        1st - your rage management did change a tiny bit from pre knighthood - the 8% chance to reduce rage consumption got replaces with an ensured 2 extra rage per attack so basically a 8% chance to reduce rage vs 100% chance to gain 2 extra rage per gust - if you compare both of them

                        2nd - your hps (healing per second) increased - MAY have less burst heal than pre knighthood *but* you get more hps wich makes it more viable in long fights NOT to mention the awesome purification on the same cooldown wich makes it an awesome spell compared to pre knighthood - also note if youre got far less BR than your mates you gonna heal a TON more now cause its based on HP rather than YOUR matk .IF you are the best mage cross server and got 1 billion matk and all your other server mates are REALLY bad then ofc the heal got nerfed for you

                        3rd. stop comparing mage into archer and knights - they are a diff class and got diff jobs - just because you can roflstomp way lower br players and never had to check your build - doesn mean there is none - builds do exist since the new patch and you can use them to make some aweosme combinations and kill on par BR players with ease if you come up with the right skills/builds and strategy maybe even higher guys than your br
                        What "different builds" can there be with knighthood? There are two trees, each having exactly 5 active skills, so there's not really any choice of skills, you just have to allocate points to actives and passives. Unless I'm misinformed and you can mix skills from each tree.

                        And mages don't seem to have the +2 rage per hit skill any more, so their overall rage gain is far lower, and no rage-reducing talents either. It is a major problem for them.

                        Knighted mages may be quite powerful and useful in groups, but individually I wouldn't want to play as one. 1 on 1 vs. a knight or archer, things look extremely bad for the mage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just an FYI Alsatia, but Wrath strike costs Knights 20 rage not 10 so I lose 10 rage every time I use it. I rarely use it even though the amount of damage it deals is slightly higher than gash. But then at 40 rage a gash, it doesn't take long to build up the necessary rage for spin attack or Decide. Not to mention if the passive effect kicks in the actual amount of damage gash does is almost equal to wrath strike.

                          MrFancyPants I can confirm you can NOT mix skills from both branchs. For knights, we can either use Fury skills/passives or switch branches and use DEF skills/passives. The only skills shared are the 2 basic skills and the skill levels for those 2 are based off how many points you put into them for that branch.
                          Last edited by R2138739441; 02-04-2016, 06:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                            And mages don't seem to have the +2 rage per hit skill any more, so their overall rage gain is far lower, and no rage-reducing talents either. It is a major problem for them.
                            So you wanna say that pre patch you got a major rage problem as well? Cause the 10 rage per "common single skill" instead the "6 rage + 2 rage" is a slight buff by 2 rage for a full healing mage // and ya choosing from a tanky healing mage and a squishy dps mage we can choose 2 diff builds now rather than the "reliable" crit build pre patch - wich applied to both your dps and heals perfectly - now you may go super tanky on your healer without loosing hps (heal per second) and yes choosing to have 30k more endu or 30k more int in tattoos is a huge diff in hp - also choosing to have def and HP + HP gems makes a huge diff compared to your (most likely) matk and crit + crit + matk gems also going 100% HP on your sylph

                            also you finally having a use in your rage rune cause its not too shabby in pvp group fights or even pve

                            btw where does it say that mage has to be a 1 v 1 killing machine against other classes? you mentioned yourself - he is powerful in group play - nuff said - thats where you shine and in class wars your odds to win are the same again

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by R2138739441 View Post
                              Just an FYI Alsatia, but Wrath strike costs Knights 20 rage not 10 so I lose 10 rage every time I use it. I rarely use it even though the amount of damage it deals is slightly higher than gash. But then at 40 rage a gash, it doesn't take long to build up the necessary rage for spin attack or Decide. Not to mention if the passive effect kicks in the actual amount of damage gash does is almost equal to wrath strike.
                              Oh I see, I was using this for reference -

                              Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                              - (f) Gash 260% Damage, +30 Rage, 2s CD
                              - (n) Wrath Strike 380% Damage, 50% Chance of invoking 50% Damage Shield (2 turns), 10 Rage, 2s CD
                              That makes me wonder though. Was it simply a mistake on SlowPlay's part, or is second wind still in effect? (Meaning Wrath Strike is still Ultimate Slasher in code)

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ss (2016-02-04 at 05.34.06).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1723483

                              Can you confirm if any of the old talents are still in effect (or 'Legendary' talents)? (Obviously the passives aren't, since you lose 10 rage whenever you use wrath strike ie. Heart of Rage no longer working)

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ss (2016-02-04 at 05.41.46).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1723484
                              Last edited by Alsatia01; 02-04-2016, 06:51 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X