Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Cross server events for merged servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross server events for merged servers

When servers are merged , the newer servers are kicked out from chaos and class wars because of the BR difference.

I was thinking if the devs (yea...) could somehow "split" the servers for those events. For example, if servers A(3 month old), B(2 month old) and C(1 month old) would merge then obviously server C would not have anyone to participate in class/chaos wars. My idea is to make a different ranking for these events where the top 40/50 of each server can represent their server in the corresponding event. That would mean instead of having 40 players in chaos wars where 30 are from server A, 8 from server B and only from server C , the top 40 of each server could participate in their own chaos war

or anyway something like that for class wars too.

Originally posted by R278363765 View Post
    When servers are merged , the newer servers are kicked out from chaos and class wars because of the BR difference.

I was thinking if the devs (yea...) could somehow "split" the servers for those events. For example, if servers A(3 month old), B(2 month old) and C(1 month old) would merge then obviously server C would not have anyone to participate in class/chaos wars. My idea is to make a different ranking for these events where the top 40/50 of each server can represent their server in the corresponding event. That would mean instead of having 40 players in chaos wars where 30 are from server A, 8 from server B and only from server C , the top 40 of each server could participate in their own chaos war

or anyway something like that for class wars too.
    That sounds awfully convoluted. Why not just advocate for no/less merges?

Comment

because most servers have 1-2 guilds and that's all. My server was new and not so many players around...

Comment

There are good and bad sides to every merge. As a benefit, you get more players to interact with, and stave off the death spiral. On the down side, the players/guilds who were on top before may drop completely out of the top ranks.
        I'm sure that no one wants to permanently segregate servers for things like chaos wars, because attrition would eventually reduce those 40 players to only a handful on a lot of servers. So how long post-merge would you really want the separation to last? Better to just do a complete merge and not try to make everyone happy, since that will never happen anyway.

Class wars is an individual cross-server event, so not sure how it would relate to merges one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Class wars is an individual cross-server event, so not sure how it would relate to merges one way or the other.
          Yea i thought you had to be in top 50 for class wars , not 50lvl :P , *noob here*

Comment

Working...
          X