No announcement yet.

Nothing but complaint's about the game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing but complaint's about the game.

There is a simple solution,google MMO's and you will find there is a list
    of games out there that do have free to play options for a casual gamer
    to play.These others most likely have real quest lines and real crafting
    options.you will still have guilds,kinship's or clans you can join.This one
    is all about reaching level cap as fast as possible and endless farming
    of the same content over and over,if you are not satisfied with that
    style of content there are options for real games.

They will not change the game for you,never going to happen,EVER.
    as long as they bring in enough to justify keeping the game online
    that will always be all that matters.

Once upon a time, Wartune had some decent balance. It was a limited game, but I wouldn't expect a lot from a Flash game. Most of the complaining is about how it keeps getting worse and worse, with blatant cash grabs and extremely poor game quality, especially the two massive recent exploits that they were embarrassingly unable to fix properly.

The writing is on the wall, this game is never going to recover from the series of bad decisions they've made, but it's still hard to just abandon the investment of time (and money for a lot of us) that went into our characters.

Comment

Allow me to throw into "Story Hour":

Long ago, in a cyberspace far, far, FAR AWAY! There was this game that drew out a massive amount of people. It featured three classes they can play: Archer, Knight, and Mage. It had some sort of matching, and the side quests/events were worth getting on and having fun with friends. That game was called Wartune, where people can build up and fight or just build up for the time to strike. Ride-bys, Drive-bys, and Fly-bys were rampant in the PVP world, but makes it fun for people to strike back. However, many months passed and tons of bad decisions are what made this game go into a spiraling end. As if it wasn't insult to injury, brown-nosers like Alien were called to the scene to try and steer the masses away from the problems of the game with no success at all.

Yes, there will be tons of complaining because those players (including this one) are desiring for "their" game back to its former glory, not this mess we got where the developers are turning a blind eye, a deaf ear, and constantly make excuses on things that could have, would have, or should have been easy in the beginning. You dig?
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I fail to see where Alien is brown-nosing. He is basically saying that if you don't like the game, leave. Which is a pretty reasonable thing to say. He even pointed out there are better games out there.

Comment

I know a number of players that stopped playing altogether simply because of the game's increasing demand for higher system specs to be able to play the game enjoyably. Why they insist on continually adding more and more new mounts and clothing is beyond me. All this does is raise the amount of different graphics that have to be displayed/loaded due to the increasing number of different mounts and clothing pieces that players can have equipped. The designers seem to discourage building upon a lot of pre-existing stuff(excluding sylphs) and just want to replace it or add a bunch of other unrelated material(i.e. I believe the knighthood skillset for the classes would fall under both of those categories).

With knighthood, I don't see why they couldn't incorporate the new skills into the pre-existing skill trees and have us continue to build upon it by being able to add new skills as we progress as opposed to just discarding the old skills. Also, we really don't need so many different eudaemons. Hopefully they don't add any more new ones. This also contributes to the problems of where you have so many different sprites & graphics, the game performance takes a huge nose dive in populous PvP and PvE environments(G vs G battles CSGB, Chaos Wars, etc.).

Comment

In its infancy, despite its primitiveness, Wartune was a simple, fun, & enjoyable MMORPG, for players of all bases: casual players, serious players, competitive ones, relaxed ones, social beings, soloists, and so on so forth. It was only a browser game much like playing Candy Crush on Facebook, but it had most features & the visual appearance of a full-blown MMORPG like WoW. In some sense, it fit both worlds well, as it allowed people to play anywhere they could open up a browser that supported Flash, but on the other hand still felt like playing an MMORPG & not a childish & boring mini-game.

That was is its forgotten history, which would sound unbelievable if told to someone who had never seen the original Wartune. At some point, the game started to follow a crazy patching schedule, with each patch adding more bugs, more lags, more greed for cash, and requiring more time/effort/cash/computing resources to play, yet the amount of fun and playability are on a constant decline.

Since some 1.5 years ago, this game has become unplayable by anyone who can't devote major amount of time to play it, even if they are willing to invest the money and computing resources to catch up with game requirement. For that reason, many people gave up on lots game activities, and helping or getting help became difficult. Unless you make a commitment to play the game, have a good team, and everyone on your team can make the same commitment and follow an agreed schedule, there's basically no way to get everything done on any day. And many game features aren't challenging or exciting at all. They are just tedious and boring chores that nobody wants to do but most still do it because they need the rewards. Playing Wartune feels heavy and exhausting. A game is supposed to be entertaining and enjoyable, yet Wartune feels more like a burden or a lousy job that takes your money instead of paying you. And even if the player has no complaint about all the above and still enjoy the game loyally, the people around them might not like to see their child/partner/parent/sibling/friend/employee/etc. become a game addict/slave and change their real life routines to accommodate a game.

And, lastly, why do we still carry this burden? It's because we had loved the game, many still love some aspects of it, especially the social aspect. But why do we complain while still play it? It's because we still care. If some day you see us "whiners" disappear completely, and nobody cares or rants about whatever lag/bugs/hacks in this game, you know that would be the time for its demise.

Comment

I have to agree with the "heaviness" feel to the game. There doesn't seem to be an evolution to the game. You can chase BR all you want, but there hasn't been anything really new or exciting added to the game in a long time. I thought the new mpds would be nice but they're behind the knighthood gate. The cashing gates are huge for combo sylphs. I've invested quite a bit in the game, which I don't regret at all as it's been a good source of entertainment for quite awhile. I find myself now looking for something new to break the monotony and not finding anything in the game. I think a lot of people are stuck doing the same thing without thinking about the reward. I mean there are so many thing for people on older servers that are useless. The guild battle rewards? Useless, same thing with wilds bosses, bloody inferno, even DI if you're not making it to the higher levels is way less useful. Same with battlegrounds...really those titles are hardly worth the time investment for the minimal stat boost they provide. The problem is, we keep doing them because there really isn't anything else in the game to take over for it. The crypt was a good example of where we could progress...but there's little of that built in to other aspects of the game. You can only ride the social aspect of it for so long before the game play aspect become too boring to bother with. I find myself in this position, as do a lot on my server, where you're in a quit/stay decision hoping for something new to renew interest.

Comment

Rightfully said, folks. I was like that when I played Wartune about 2-3 years ago. It became monotonous and I've decided to play other games in the mean time. I was later drawn back to WT, because I had felt it was a fun game than the others, just the monotony has to stop. A few changes made it possible to really have some fun, and to <expletive> with some people when it comes to mobilizing my units as I had when I played the first time around.

Wartune took a definite wrong turn when it started to take out the "fun" aspects: unlimited events, rewarding mini-games, etc. and put back in the mundane items/events/tasks that will push it back to what it was before I took that break. And adding insult to injury, they put in more things to see how much they can squeeze out of players, and the players themselves are fools to fuel in to their shenanigans. Might as well call it Paytune, but I am pretty sure if it hits that, the Cliffords are going to whine and complain saying they have no competition and probably won't have the stones to after each other.

For me, WT is nothing more than just a chat service. I hardly do events any more; I blitz more; and pretty much don't give a damn about doing other things, because there is no reason to; no incentive.

Comment

So much to do, so little time to do it. For those of us who can not play 24/7, anyway. Have to rush through the game, so much, that it isn't fun, anymore. Like the song by Alabama.

Comment

After the nerfs, I, too, have not bothered saving for the eudaemon events. I just use the skill scrolls as and when I get them. There is no point saving when 4/7 eudaemons don't even count for the event.

Don't even get me started on the eudaemon crystal events. It used to be that you can limp to a level with the 25-30% returns on those spent.

When they took those out, there is no longer a reason to not use the crystals as and when you get them. Just don't go over a level and you're fine, but chances are you'd have to skip one in order to qualify for the next one anyway, so why bother?

Comment

Yep, sucks so bad that I just use all my scrolls when I have them as well. Limited Euds to be used on, limited color (red only, as purple and green doesn't count) of scrolls to be rewarded, and the list goes on.

Comment

You got it to the point of leveling up so fast, then you have to go back and make up for the astral, armor, and everything else. Got to the point of recruiting Knights, and did not even need the Gryphons. Rush, and rush, until the games is no fun.

Comment

I saw a guy in a L80+ BG still using the L20 casher starter weapon and an incomplete L40 set. So, yeah. Poor fella got HAMMERED...

Comment

Ouch. My small unit in 632 are still on their 50's only at enh + 5, and only 4 away from reaching that 80 LOL. Poor them, I know.

Comment

Working...
                            X