Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any American Servers out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    Not silly. Just nasty. "Small country, small people, small [ahem], small minds." Complete that with a contemptuous look, a contemptuous wave and look away. Hear them go ballistic.
    That's awfully generalistic and prejudiced.
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 03-04-2016, 02:55 AM. Reason: quote fix

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      That's awfully generalistic and prejudiced.
      No more than the comments directed at Americans.

Comment

Let's say, Wartune is an RPG. Everyone playing this game is automatically a Wartuner living in Wartune land. Who the owners are in real life, what they believe/do/like/etc., are entirely irrelevant to game and should not be brought into it. But sadly, people's capability & maturity have limits, & those limits vary hugely across individuals. Sometimes it's just not easy to avoid ignorant trolls who brought real-life issues into game.

PS. if you really want to know, it seems like Kabam has a slightly bigger percentage of Americans (because Kabam is an American company?), but to play in here, you would have to live with even more bleaky events, no unbound balens without spending, and LAG AT AN ORDER OF MANGNITUDE WORSE. and, some of the "Americans" are not "normal" people but pathetic psychos with mental problems. If you happen to bump into a group of such nuts on Kabam, please don't blame me. (and kabam is small enough to tell which servers have such daily world chat drama)

Comment

It is likely that is because Kabam, like Kong, is a gateway. it redirects all data streams back to R2 and then back the other way. An additional link on the chain = more lag.

Comment

It is likely that is because Kabam, like Kong, is a gateway. it redirects all data streams back to R2 and then back the other way. An additional link on the chain = more lag.
            I don't think that's an entirely accurate portrayal of how the server clusters work.

Comment

just a simply look at browser streams tells me the game data flows directly between client and R2 servers, without kabam acting as the mediator. the only "extras" is the login, which should happen only before you go on to a server, but for some unknown reason, the kabam lag stays there forever & never goes away, & kabam's server list (just a plain xhtml page) breaks ever so often that i got an intermittent outage almost every single day!!!

kong was the same, only the login was on kong. but i forgot my kong email so now can't reset the password to find out if it's still the same now.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                Let's say, Wartune is an RPG. Everyone playing this game is automatically a Wartuner living in Wartune land. Who the owners are in real life, what they believe/do/like/etc., are entirely irrelevant to game and should not be brought into it. But sadly, people's capability & maturity have limits, & those limits vary hugely across individuals. Sometimes it's just not easy to avoid ignorant trolls who brought real-life issues into game.
                Generally, the definition I've seen for troll is someone intentionally making inflammatory comments in the hopes of getting amusing reaction. There are ignorant people who say stupid things because they honestly believe it, but trolls are a different breed; they know precisely what they are doing.
                One thing I have noticed in MMORPGs is that whenever you get any form of drama in chat, there are people that will feed off of it, contribute to the drama, just because they find it entertaining. There seem to be lots of borderline trolls who won't start anything on their own but will happily jump on the bandwagon once someone else starts something. It makes hateful comments/conduct harder to fight since once the "fight" is on, people will jump in just to entertain themselves at your expense. I've found private messages can be a better tool since it deprives them of their audience.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                  ...I have noticed in MMORPGs is that whenever you get any form of drama in chat, there are people that will feed off of it, contribute to the drama, just because they find it entertaining. There seem to be lots of borderline trolls who won't start anything on their own but will happily jump on the bandwagon once someone else starts something. It makes hateful comments/conduct harder to fight since once the "fight" is on, people will jump in just to entertain themselves at your expense...
                  that's basically what pathetic trolls are, with a mouth full of sour cream ready to spray to random people who they deemed "weak enough to tease", plus a twisted mind that entertains on flame wars & verbal abuses instead of happy parties & kind words.

I'm also on the verge of quitting my current server. tired of the drama & politics. sick of not being able to help improve the situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X