Wind Ranger Nerfed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Ranger Nerfed

Sorry, didn't see a thread about this already. Today my Wind Ranger lost a bunch of BR. Yesterday it was my second strongest Eudy... now it is my 4th in BR. Even though it has much better equipment than two ahead of it.

The only reason I noticed is that my WR is now the one throwing power-ups in Bounty Targets.

Everyone else seeing this? How bad is the nerf? Was it intentional?

Originally posted by dated3415 View Post
    Sorry, didn't see a thread about this already. Today my Wind Ranger lost a bunch of BR. Yesterday it was my second strongest Eudy... now it is my 4th in BR. Even though it has much better equipment than two ahead of it.

The only reason I noticed is that my WR is now the one throwing power-ups in Bounty Targets.

Everyone else seeing this? How bad is the nerf? Was it intentional?
    Uh..... what nerf? My ranger is just as strong as it always is.

Are you using it as your equipped eudaemon? There will be some BR differences depending on which one you are using (extra BR from the equipped slyph).

Comment

It is likely the sylph on the equipped ranger compared to the non-equipped one. I have noticed no difference in my ranger's BR.

What they DID do was nerf the bleed on the ranger so that it is not P-DAMAGE rather than P-ATTACK. That has a HUGE difference in the PvP stakes, and made the ranger nigh useless other than for kid arena, DI and WB.

Comment

It has nothing to do with equipped Eudy or Sylph or not. When I had my Oracle equipped or not, my order of BR was: 1) Oracle 2) WR 3) Hunter 4) Scourge Mage. Now it is: 1) Oracle 2) Hunter 3) Scourge Mage 4) WR. My Scourge Mage always used to cast power ups in Bounty Targets. Now my WR is becuase it is lowest BR. I haven't removed or deleted anything on my WR.

Supposedly R2 knows about this. I guess it isn't happening on every server though or something. But I suggest those of you with WRs you care about check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          It is likely the sylph on the equipped ranger compared to the non-equipped one. I have noticed no difference in my ranger's BR.

What they DID do was nerf the bleed on the ranger so that it is not P-DAMAGE rather than P-ATTACK. That has a HUGE difference in the PvP stakes, and made the ranger nigh useless other than for kid arena, DI and WB.
          Do you mean it is PDmg rather than Patk?

Patk poisons should be much more useful in PVP, and potentially game breaking-ly OP.

Comment

But if you don't do damage to the guy, then your bleed won't do damage either. That makes it useless in a PvP fight as main toon damage reduction kicks in and you end up with bleed that is useless.

It used to be PAtk, but was secretly nerfed without R2 telling us.

Comment

Originally posted by dated3415 View Post
              It has nothing to do with equipped Eudy or Sylph or not. When I had my Oracle equipped or not, my order of BR was: 1) Oracle 2) WR 3) Hunter 4) Scourge Mage. Now it is: 1) Oracle 2) Hunter 3) Scourge Mage 4) WR. My Scourge Mage always used to cast power ups in Bounty Targets. Now my WR is becuase it is lowest BR. I haven't removed or deleted anything on my WR.

Supposedly R2 knows about this. I guess it isn't happening on every server though or something. But I suggest those of you with WRs you care about check it out.
              When you equip a kid, AND you put a sylph on it, the sylph BR is added to the kid BR. Considering that some sylphs are 200+k BR, that can make a significant difference to the kid's BR.

In the first instance, you probably had your Ranger kid equipped with a sylph on him. In the second, you do not have the sylph on him because you didn't have him equipped. That accounts for the BR difference. I see it all the time with my kids, but one thing is CERTAIN: There has been no change in my Ranger kid BR in the last few weeks. My BR during DI when I use it has been fairly constant.

Comment

OK, let me put it this way:

Why does my WR have the lowest BR of my eudies, when it has the highest rated equipment, the highest rated diamonds, the highest rated War Emblem, highest level, etc. and none of my eudies are deployed? Is that the same for you?

Comment

Yes, it is.

All kids have a percentage of your stats.

The Ranger has one of the lowest total percentage.

In terms of BR, I think the Oracle has the highest.

Comment

If you're sure it's not the deployed sylph, then the most likely explanation I can think of is a realignment of the stat bonuses from gear. HP is the biggest contributor to BR by far, so if you shifted some HP diamonds or gear refines into something else, like mdef, you will lose a lot of BR. And if you shifted around your own stats, you could impact your eudys' order by BR, like by moving more into mdef or HP, which the ranger gets proportionally less of than the others.
                    I've invested significantly more into my ranger than my hunter, but the hunter is still higher BR because it gets a bigger % of my own stats.

And the original 3 all get the same % of your stats, the oracle just gets the huge +%matk passive skill that adds a ton of BR to push it to the top.

Comment

OK, this isn't just me. I was told by a mentor that it is an actual issue. I don't know what the issue is or what the resolution will be (if any).

Comment

It is the hp that is the problem. Unlike the main toon (where it is 5 hp to 1 BR), kid hp is calculated at 1 hp to 1 BR. The 10% or so of extra hp the first 3 kids get is a massive boost to their BR compared to the other 4.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                          It is the hp that is the problem. Unlike the main toon (where it is 5 hp to 1 BR), kid hp is calculated at 1 hp to 1 BR. The 10% or so of extra hp the first 3 kids get is a massive boost to their BR compared to the other 4.
                          In my opinion, eudaemon BR shouldn't be counted toward your BR at all. False impression of strength.

Comment

It seems like not just Wind Ranger, but every bleeding buff seems to have been nerfed to bleed at the dmg instead of ATK, which makes a huge difference against high defense opponents. Poison Arrow, Sinister Rod and Consuming Flames used to be quite useful, but now it's basically useless against anyone with good pdef & res, they are not even helpful for low level expedition bosses any more, and not as good for bounty targets & eudy arena.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                              It seems like not just Wind Ranger, but every bleeding buff seems to have been nerfed to bleed at the dmg instead of ATK, which makes a huge difference against high defense opponents. Poison Arrow, Sinister Rod and Consuming Flames used to be quite useful, but now it's basically useless against anyone with good pdef & res, they are not even helpful for low level expedition bosses any more, and not as good for bounty targets & eudy arena.
                              The bleeds were getting ridiculous tbh. Used to get in fights with this one mage in bg who had wind ranger eud that carried all heals, water sylph and did nothing but heal while the bleeds would go up to 400k at times.
                              IGN: princestewii
                              Class: Archer
                              Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Working...
                              X