Wind Ranger Nerfed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
    Well to my understanding the poisons did 50% of PATK for each stack, stackable up to 4 times @ 200%?

The highest attack I've seen on my bracket is ~750k. Their ranger PAtk would be much higher than that, but for example, if it was 750k - they would be doing 1.5mil damage per round? I don't know if the poisons took into account res, or goddess blessing/other passives, but that is amazingly overpowered if left raw.

So maybe not an entirely bad idea to making it PDMG instead, of course there are trade-offs.
    i believe if bleeding is 50% dmg, then all def/res/astrals/immunity/etc. are counted, will crystals also have effect. if it's 50% atk, then only the atk is counted, the rest are all ignored. not 100% sure. my poison arrow used to always bleed at the same rate regardless of opponent. i tend to rely on bleeding to kill low hp opponents with immunity, but now this might stop working. well...not just bleeding buffs, the splash dmg from incendiary shot & short circuit are also nerfed to do half the dmg instead of half the atk, so now those two are also terribly weak in pvp including eudy arena.

the people with 750k atk are likely the ones with multi-million hp & some 500k+ defense each way. plus heals & passives, they still need to take forever to fight each other. on the other hand, they will benefit more for pve, especially against opponents with immunity. so prolly the ignore-defense (use atk) approach is still more desirable. as for the weaklings, the whales don't need to bleed a weakling to kill them. just one knighthood skill & the "babies" are put back to sleep lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      Well to my understanding the poisons did 50% of PATK for each stack, stackable up to 4 times @ 200%?
      Read the skill description again.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        i believe if bleeding is 50% dmg, then all def/res/astrals/immunity/etc. are counted, will crystals also have effect. if it's 50% atk, then only the atk is counted, the rest are all ignored. not 100% sure. my poison arrow used to always bleed at the same rate regardless of opponent. i tend to rely on bleeding to kill low hp opponents with immunity, but now this might stop working. well...not just bleeding buffs, the splash dmg from incendiary shot & short circuit are also nerfed to do half the dmg instead of half the atk, so now those two are also terribly weak in pvp including eudy arena.

the people with 750k atk are likely the ones with multi-million hp & some 500k+ defense each way. plus heals & passives, they still need to take forever to fight each other. on the other hand, they will benefit more for pve, especially against opponents with immunity. so prolly the ignore-defense (use atk) approach is still more desirable. as for the weaklings, the whales don't need to bleed a weakling to kill them. just one knighthood skill & the "babies" are put back to sleep lol
        I think you're right, and I totally agree lol

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
        Read the skill description again.
        Read the tense; it's past - 'did', not 'do'.

Meaning it used to do that much, right?
        Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-04-2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Not a bad system, but works substantially less well for people not quite as strong. If one of the rangers gets killed, it's a real challenge to re-sync the cursed arrows, and the sync tends to break down over time regardless. I bring my oracle, since the level 5 damnation + RJ delphic gives 32% bonus, and it's guaranteed for 2 attacks (with the 15% most of the rest of the time), compared to the 1-2 for cursed arrows. Plus you can choose when to delphic.
          Cursed Arrows automatically synch at 15. The key is carry ONLY Cursed Arrows - because they also get the L15 0 CD to all skills effect. It means the every skills during L15 after the stun, and the next 10 skills they use after L15 is dead will be Cursed Arrows. If you don't speed cast to allow those cursed arrows to go off 1st against each boss stage, and use vulcans when necessary, you can 1-shot bosses 16 through 24. Basically, 1 or 2 Thors and 2 or 3 Goddess (or Freya / Frigga) on repeat steal to keep the uber-delphic(s) charged.

We do it w/ 1 Thor and 3 "Stealers." We've had our Knight w/ Thor throw off a string of 240m+ damage hits using that method once he pops the Vulcan. Hell, he does 80m+ w/o the vulcan, so he only needs it on 20+. It's fairly comical. And while he's a high-end type, he's not a 10m BR toon.

Comment

Thor, Freya, not high end... LOL! So... what? He cheated on the Tree?

Comment

Working...
            X