R2 - lets not go to far...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 - lets not go to far...

I get the Eud event nerfs w/ being able to sell the Euds. i think there was a better way to do it and still allow the events to be similar but hey I get it. Now i don't know if you saw an increase in spending on Euds after that or what but you are taking these event nerfs too far.

I will say, I am a heavy casher, and even though I have had my doubts about customer service of your company I have continued to cash. However with these new line up of event chest vs clothes chest vs mount chests now the sever nerf of all the events. Where is the value? The value is not there for me to continue to spend money. I am sure you will still get some of the super high rollers who are too invested to quit cashing but you are already cashing off a lot of free players. If the events stay like this you will cash off a lot of the low to middle level spenders or even heavier spenders like me...

If you want to spend money it is all about value... $400 for a mount? not a chance...

Just a piece of advice from a fellow successful business owner.

-bam

I agree. In my opinion, it seems that they are trying to get the highest amount of money they can before this game is closed. They are losing many many spenders, so when some of the highest cashers stop spending too, they will shut the game down. I like it a lot, so I hope they dont, but I would not be surprised if less and less events and players in just 2-3 months...

Comment

Right, would be silly for r2 to burn so many bridges, they are going about it the wrong way if they want to close the game, they should at least be trying to keep cashers and/or funneling them into their other games. I can't see many cashers sticking with r2 if this keeps up.

Comment

5 ways to build sales
        1) Attract new customers
        2) Convert new customers into repeat customers
        3) Retain repeat customers
        4) Get customers to buy more often
        5) Get customers to buy more each time they spend.

R2 really needs to focus on #2, 3.

You already have spending/recharge events everyday that total quite a bit so your options on #4-5 are limited. It seems you have taken one path (removing beneficial events to make people have to spend). Unfortunately I think that will hurt customer conversion/retention more than it will entice people to buy more. It might even have a counter effect as the value of what they are buying has decreased significantly.

They are the biggest asset to a business and are by far cheaper options than spending money to advertise to attract new customers.

You guys get a lot of new players (need free players too, if the game was just all cashers the cashers would have less fun). Yet you throw them to the wolves by merging servers too early and removing events that allow them to at least catch up some to higher players. You have to get players invested FIRST before thinking they will start spending even $8/mo on VIP. Removing unlimited events or chances at lucky mount does not help.

So I am not sure if this is an experiment, lack of planning, or the new normal, but I think it is a bad business decision. Even if your goal is to wind down this game and focus on other games you are making a big mistake turning off thousands of proven cashers, instead of trying to focus them into your other games.

Better/faster customer service would help too.

another 2 cents from successful business owner... mods would be wise to foward this on.

Comment

Originally posted by bamcgowan1s View Post
          Right, would be silly for r2 to burn so many bridges, they are going about it the wrong way if they want to close the game, they should at least be trying to keep cashers and/or funneling them into their other games. I can't see many cashers sticking with r2 if this keeps up.
          Sorry, but no. I liked this game to the point there is no other like it. If it's their aim to drive players to their mobile games in the same fashion another developer did, they can forget getting me on that bandwagon as I don't believe in mobile gaming; just big view gaming. With them (R2) hiding so much from the players in terms on what is going on, or at least providing an explanation to their actions, that's part of the reason why players are quitting. To have a nerf (or a series of) without it being explained is a big blow to players, especially ones who had to endure cramped up inventories (and pack-ratting) just to make use of their efforts. I don't buy this <expletive> of an exploit whatsoever when they nerfed the Eud events. I figured this way, if players are "foolish" enough to sell a Eud that is maxed out on everything, then it's on them; other players should not be punished if they are building up on their favorites with items they get from selling dupes/undesirables. What R2 had failed in the time that Euds came out is one of two things: 1. Making it possible for a player to choose a Eud each time it is summoned to prevent duplicates OR 2. Making it possible to "dismiss" the duplicates BEFORE this came into light.

Then you will have the fools come and tell you how it is for business and that all things don't last too long. I beg to differ. If someone makes something great that attract all the boys (and girls) to the yard, they will do their best to keep it going if they want to see new players (via current player referrals). If those new players like it very much, then they will spend. They will make events that entice the players, but to keep them there, either make the events better or keep them (when unlimited) without any changes. Those who are bored in getting so much after being max can sell their <expletive> thus leaving the new players to really catch up. And lastly, listen to the players (not just the spending ones) on what they want. This forum had tons of great suggestions made, talked about, and were told they are looked into; but either gets <expletive> up (game box anyone), taken out (really missed the underground palace and goodies link), or ignored (mostly bugs that make or break the game literally). I rather see this game go to a developer who will really care for it, and to make it thrive, as I only see its demise in this one's possession.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Its not just those events this game dawnfall began with small nerfs and end up now as it is as total genocide against free players and unesesery benefit for spending ones. If i had to point starting point i will pick removing of mystery shop and unlimited gem event. I for example am free player..i can cash but i dont wont to cause i didnt see tiny bit point in doing so. Those offers that are in shop are ridiculous to the point you laugh when you see them. And realy sorry but i wont spend hard earned money just to feed some greedy mouths somewhere in China especialy when mostly u recieve nothing meaningfull in return and i speak viewing gameplay itself which has been ruined in the name of profit. Which is totaly wrong by any means. No matter how good one game is or what it purpouse is...in general games should bring fun, thrill and relieve boredom. Wartune was like that in the past but not anymore.

Take arena for example. What joy should i experience and what is the purpouse of developing my hero every day? To meet low levels which I one shot? And speaking in their point of view..what joy will you have to be level 40 with developed set for this level and fight against characters with strong sylphs and eudaemons?! Wartune player arena was something which i looked foward every day in the past, since they ruined it became just daily burden which i do cause i have to fill 15/15 attempts for +5 contribution and league points.

Now almost all events are made so that are imposible to be done fully not just by free players but even for cashers which is epic fail. There should be balance in those things and if no balance you can only collapse in the end. Cashing should be free choice not forced on you when your back is against the wall and thats where most of the players are now since latest changes...only one little push is needed for things to escalate i think and as i mention in other forum thread this is mahra and sepu events.

Comment

I've played for 2/3 years now and cashed on and off. Outside VIP, and the occasional Spirit Covenant, I've outright stopped. I was never a big casher, though. $30 for clothes, some boxes here and there to complete sets, ect. Little stuff.

If they think turning this game into a casher-only affair will make me cash more, they are fooling themselves.

Comment

I'm not sure what category of casher I would fall into.. but I'm certainly far less of a casher than some, but far more than others too. I have about 5.7 million BR.. so I'm certainly in a decidedly different bracket in terms of investment than many. Regardless.. even as a relatively consistent casher.. This set of events was AWEFUL! I'm certainly not going to spend $400 for a mount.. let alone when R2 creates an event requiring a chest that can only be purchased, *AND* has a purchase limit? What were you thinking? lol

No, I didn't buy any clothes chests. Also no, I didn't buy any mount chests either. I barely participated in the actual events either.. because.. why should I? I don't need forging materials that I can farm for free anyway. I already have more forging materials than I can use without making duplicate armor for the sole purpose of taking advantage of events (yes, I have actually been doing that). I haven't needed mahra or sep events in months, ADV Mahra is the only event I really *need* that much, and it doesn't exist (hopefully yet, but we'll see). There hasn't been a real ADV Sep event in weeks. For those of us who are much further along the character development paths than some... most of the events are largely trivially helpful and have been for ages. In fact, for those around and above my level, the only reason to do events is for boxes that we use for mounts and clothing (that include granting titles, now that was a good choice R2). Take that away? That's up to a few hundred USD a week I know for a fact will stop coming in immediately, just from my server.

We want to keep playing the game... stop messing with things that are perfectly fine please, and we'll keep playing and keep spending. Heck, if you make things consistent.. you all would probably attract more occasional spending and increase the consistent spending of the players. Please R2... **STOP MESSING WITH THINGS THAT AREN'T BROKEN**. Develop for browsers that people actually use, instead of an archaic knockoff of Internet Explorer 6 that nobody in their right mind has even heard of in a decade except for you all telling them about it. =\ Wartune is a good game, and it really wouldn't be that hard for you all to get a lot more money out of it, and make it a lot better at the same time. It wouldn't be that expensive either (I work in IT.. I have a bit of understanding when it comes to these kinds of things ^.^). I know actual R2 employees rarely (if ever) read the forums except for making the obligatory new event posts and system notifications about new server startups, merges, and outages; but please pay attention to your players more.

I started to feel like there was a good strategy being built, and I'm still hopeful that this abysmal set of events is just an experiment. I've been watching each patch creating more opportunities for free players willing to spend the time to substitute for spending their money. It's been very good and well done in my opinion, but separating the heavy spenders from the medium and light spenders by changing events.. the only reasonable outcome is that reducing the value of recharging will reduce the amount of recharges happening. You already had a reasonably happy medium, please don't do more silly 3-chest events where there's nothing useful from the standard, free one, and 2 ridiculous heavy-spender events, as you will get zero people spending for those heavy-spender events out of 8 merged servers just like you did this one.

Comment

R2 maintains that the prices are correct for the US market, which is where they base their English server pricing on.

Now, can someone please tell me which American has enough spare cash to toss out thousands per month AND still be playing this game?

The fact of the matter is, R2's pricing model is broken as hell, but they still think that they are right. And then they expanded into the Oceania region. So, you are now telling me that people from Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and the like all earn at American levels? Seriously? Or is R2 just pandering to the children of the corrupt officials that infest the region? You decide.

Comment

I pay 600.00 USD for my fully loaded 2016 Equinox. I pay 700.00 USD for my mortgage on a 3-bed, 2-bath ranch style home. Someone kindly tell me why does a pixel have to equate on what we pay in the US? Especially now when the majority who exploited the tree get it for free on a "lucky" shot (which is bull <expletive> no matter how you look at it)? For that price in less developed continents, it's more than their life savings all for a pixel. VIP might be the cheaper option since it's nearly 8 bucks a month, but I didn't throw down because of the <expletive> that has been happening in the game as well as these mundane events. I mean, why would I want to "invest" in a broken game that is going "nowhere"?

But there are people who are doing it very senselessly, and that's what R2 is feeding off on. The smarter ones have stopped fueling the tank because, like me, they felt their investment isn't going anywhere, either. And now with these "experimental" events, they would think that by putting up such, the can force the people to buy if they wanted to complete the set.

Well, two things I look forward to when it comes to events: one of which you already know, and the other is the clothing shard one. As I have said before, and I will say again, wreck both of these events, and I am going to bounce. Already got most of my friends on Facebook (and for those who want to be my friend, send me a PM) that I met on the servers I played. This is the final journey when it comes to online game playing for me, and I won't have a problem for when that time comes. And even though we might have a few <expletive> kissers that might say something that even remotely taunts me (which nothing will as I had seen them all as well been through them all), I am sure others (both paying and free) will follow when they get tired of R2's shenanigans and skimping ways. Believe that!

Comment

Don't look at me, mate. I challenged their assertion the second I heard about it. It was complete **, and lousy justification for their price gouging.

Comment

Hehe if this is their way for putting us first cant imagine what will be if they not care. Its ok to be greedy..hell this people gain profit from their product which is something we see everywhere but there is just limit for everything and 7road/r2 pass it way beyond tolerable with resent events. 6 k whips to do it 2 days in row with no return - INSANE!!! !! HF is hard as it is..i do everyday bloody and DI + lots of other gold gaining features but in the end time gap from 1 event to other is just not enough at least not for me to do it completely. So imagine how things will be without gold gains from mahra and sepu and ofc no HF itself mats return?! Even so this is something you can put up with but this triple cloth chest event and insane exchanges isnt just something random...i think they will implement it fully in near future and make so cloth sets and mounts not obtainable by normal game activity but only with credit card one. This kind of thing and overall their deeds are just too bizarre and even perverted for just plain greed for me to stay and tolerate. But we will see on Thursday after mt where this game is going (though its already more than clear). Then i think it will be so waited mahra and sepu.

Comment

Originally posted by rescueyou View Post
                          Hehe if this is their way for putting us first cant imagine what will be if they not care. Its ok to be greedy..hell this people gain profit from their product which is something we see everywhere but there is just limit for everything and 7road/r2 pass it way beyond tolerable with resent events. 6 k whips to do it 2 days in row with no return - INSANE!!! !! HF is hard as it is..i do everyday bloody and DI + lots of other gold gaining features but in the end time gap from 1 event to other is just not enough at least not for me to do it completely. So imagine how things will be without gold gains from mahra and sepu and ofc no HF itself mats return?! Even so this is something you can put up with but this triple cloth chest event and insane exchanges isnt just something random...i think they will implement it fully in near future and make so cloth sets and mounts not obtainable by normal game activity but only with credit card one. This kind of thing and overall their deeds are just too bizarre and even perverted for just plain greed for me to stay and tolerate. But we will see on Thursday after mt where this game is going (though its already more than clear). Then i think it will be so waited mahra and sepu.
                          That's kind of my main issue with the removal of the unlimited events. Most of them were a nice source of gold such as the sylph events and the mount refining event. Just doing the mount event fully would net you about 33mil in return which is great consdidering it costs 30mil to upgrade to mythic gear and the huge gold lost from HF. Yeah we have tara, bi, di, narrandera which most people dont do, wb and a few other sources but most people like me end up using more gold than they can earn. It just all makes no sense. Why does r2 not have one person that can voice the opinions of the players? Because clearly they're blinded by greed.

Comment

I don't mind spending money, but only if the <expletive> works and if the events gives all players an incentive. I don't go and buy piece of <expletive> items. I bide my time, do a little research, weigh the pros and cons, and then when I am ready, I make forth on my purchase. What R2 is doing now is what several fads are doing when they first come out to consumers: entice them to buy "as is". Took me about 2 years to buy my PS-3 (not looking to by the PS-4 until I feel they have worked out the bugs out since it always have a few) after it first came out.

I had made a few "Trippin' the Rift" references when it comes to getting a chuckle, but it's pretty much in R2's case in all honesty. They go after something that is not important (or worse, breaks a good thing) while there are so many game breaking situations that needed to be looked into. Personally, I don't think an ice maker is that important than a ship's computer or hyper drive. Yes, it's nice to have it fixed, but only after the major stuff's fixed first so we can go our own merry way.

Comment

Hey! When you are stuck in the middle of the interstellar void with a bung hyperdrive, you WANT those ice coffees, damnit! It's a matter of life and death!

Comment

Working...
                              X