No announcement yet.

R2 - lets not go to far...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point, I've gone from playing the game for a total of 3 hours a day to just about 30 minutes cumulatively (set and leave, come back to check, set again, leave again, repeat) in a day. GB's are very quick as does a GW. So if they want to keep on skimping on the players, they won't see me (or any other sensible player) taking part in their events. I am just waiting to see if they will pull the plug, or that I die of absentmindedness that I didn't realize that I am still playing WT even though I am not in game as much now as before.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

The nerfing of events is cruddy. We're used to getting good stuff for free and they took it away. Some are quitting over it, others are playing wait and see in hopes it is temporary insanity. I notice it follows the pattern of other R2 games when they were 6-12 months from shutting down. One last wringing of all the $$$ you can get before pulling the plug and laughing all the way to the bank. I avoid R2's mobile games because of their conduct here. Great business decision R2...guess your model is "there's always a rich sucker waiting to be fleeced".

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
      You can't read between the lines, or is my English that bad?
      Cashing hard to gain advantage at first and end up being a weakling? Wise investment, congrats. So, "not spending", especially for heavy casher is not an option.
      I'm not advertising spending. This game is bad for like a year (or more) now and spending here sure is an addiction. And we all now how someone sane should handle an addiction. Choice is obvious, actually, but I'm not naming it, 'cause it is a violation of TOS.
      I disagree with your assertion that if you stop spending, you'll become a "weakling". It depends on how you define weak. I'm a former heavy casher, drastically reduced my spending when the cost to compete at the top became so huge that it simply wasn't worth it to me. The way I see it, my toon is strong enough for the parts of the game I enjoy the most. I can carry in almost any mp. I'm still strong enough to do well in bg and arena. The top cashers can beat me easily, but so what? That doesn't make me weak; that just means there are a minority of players who are a lot stronger than me. They paid big bucks for that advantage and I hope it brings them much fun while the game is still around =)

Investment is not a word you should even be using when referring to a game. It is not an investment; its entertainment, pure and simple. Spend for convenience or for advantage to (hopefully) increase the fun the game brings you. The game will not last forever and the ToS says nothing about being entitled to any refund when they pull the plug and all our digital "property" goes "poof". I've seen pay to win games end and they don't always treat players well on the way out the door. Not all give much warning, if any. Sometimes there are refunds or partial refunds for recent spending, but there are no guarantees.

My advice when it comes to spending on this game or any other pay to win game is to spend what you are willing to spend for entertainment. Do not spend money you can't afford to spend. If you are getting addicted or can't control your spending, leave before you get yourself into a bad situation.

Comment

Im really not sure why anyone is even surprised

ive been observing r2games and their way of doing business and adding to that the slideshow thing they did about their business strategy, its painfully obvious that they are built around the same way as any other chinese/asian company, basically making autoplaying p2w heavy games with the store constantly shoved into your face every second, plus they coyppaste the same mechanics but with different skins and try to make it look like a completely different game.

Like Im struggling to see the difference many of their games, because the main goal is to appeal to the heavy cashers, that few percent of people who will drop a few grands every now and then, because they can. Dont fool yourself thinking that they care about you, especially if you are a free player, as in that case your essentially the free prey for the whales.

there, I said it.

Comment

I have not gone through and read every comment here,but i sent R2 a message letting them know they lost me as a casher with how the new events are going. and i am recently a heavy casher for the last 3-4 months now and b4 that i was a moderate casher. they are starting to drive away even the cashers with these events.
          384 spireglade Brian1

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
            Investment is not a word you should even be using when referring to a game. It is not an investment; its entertainment, pure and simple.
            Entertainment you say? Well...
            Do you really enjoy the game? With all the nerfs, bans, cheats, lag and such around? Ok... Investment is a word. You invested your time (the most precious thing). But that is not the point.
            Imagine a situation. You go to a bar and order some beer. You pay the price and then discover that you just bought a donkey urine with a shampoo. The seller says - "Here, have 3 candies as compensation". This description ring any bells?
            The difference is that with a bar you can resolve a matter in a court.
            Last edited by R299176373; 03-11-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

LMAO what good three candies is going to do now that you have an image of a donkey taking a whizzer in a glass to be topped with some shampoo? Don't mind the shampoo, but that donkey is key!

Comment

The funny part about the analogy is the regulars who come back to the bar tomorrow night to top off their pint o' whizz.

Comment

Originally posted by Syneirex View Post
                  The funny part about the analogy is the regulars who come back to the bar tomorrow night to top off their pint o' whizz.
                  So <expletive>in' true. LOL.

Comment

The main issues with Wartune:

1-It was never a high-end game to begin with. just a slow, glitchy, cheap, half-broken browser/Flash game, seemingly a test-and-throw type of short-term project, rushed to market & not fully tested, but evolved into a complex game after its initial market success (and they broke their own initial market success by turning it into this monster).

2-It never had anything built for the elite-class consumers, yet it demands its customers to spend like one.

Never had anything elitic - the graphics are ok, but overall game looks & feels cheap & broken. The elites are spoiled with all forms of world-class entertainment. Do you think they would play such a game? Maybe it's not impossible, but the chance is improbable.

Demands its customers to spend like one - they are just flat-out greedy, and want 6 or 7 digit spending from every spender, if not higher. Spoiled brats with high (as in 5 or higher) figure toy shopping sprees could still be tasteless, but probably none on their shopping list is mediocre like this, and probably none of them had considered to even start playing a game like this one.

Unable to provide elite-class entertainment, yet demands the same figure of consumption? err...I'm afraid that's a mismatch.

3-It is a boring game, yet it demands loads of time, effort, & energy for anyone to play, including those who are willing to pay for shortcuts.

REALLY, the graphics are still good, but overall game feels monotonic & repetitive, glitches often, & most game activities have little entertaining elements in them. One good thing about Wartune is that it requires little skills to play, so even seniors who could barely see a button & make a single left-mouse-button-click could still play it. But for serious gamers and fun seekers, this becomes boring and dry very quickly. It could be fun in the first place, but after a few weeks of playing the game, most people have grown tired of doing the same tasks over and over each day, seeing the same monsters, & technically they are doing nothing but collecting items. Even the most lonely person with no access to other forms of entertainment could hardly call it fun, exciting, entertaining, etc. after they've played this game for some months. Not to mention, a few months is not enough to establish a strong toon in this game.

Yet Wartune is a game that demands tons of time. No matter how hard we try, there's still little hope of finishing everything & collecting every reward possible. Lots events are timed, and they happen only during normal business hours. Busy working people are the biggest cashers & most serious/competitive players, but they won't be able to make such time commitment, so they won't feel happy while playing the game, even if they are the type of obsessed people who base their happiness solely on winning & nothing else. Seriously, who would feel happy if they have to ruin their personal life & adjust their business schedule to get a win in a boring game? Retired & unemployed people might have more time, but they can't cash much into it, and playing a game in front of a computer all day long could create health hazards for aged people.

Talking about business, they really don't seem to understand the market nor do they know how to milk the cashers, or they do understand, but they simply have no such longer term strategy, and they intent to just collect some money and run. They are not the first or only such company I know of by the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X