Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Evolving Kaiju style rampaging World & Wilds Boss Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolving Kaiju style rampaging World & Wilds Boss Events

KEY/Note: a "*"next to a word means that an idea I reference is part of another probably more important suggestion I've yet to post or else I would link to it here.

A while back I noticed that players/guilds who are feuding begin to agitate and exploit each other by plundering each other cities during World Boss. I want WT to curb and yet capitalize on that kind of treachery exploit to improve the gaming experience here.

I also don't like being unable to load into World boss before its struck down in less than 4 minutes. I'm thinking this mostly happens on older servers like mine where most players are lvl 80.

One obvious solution is having multitude of simultaneous world bosses and players must progress through them in an order based on their lvl/br or can choose which one best matches their BR, form a party and attack it -this would be as seen in the game Great Pirate(aka Tidal something or other)

Problem: World bosses too weak for veteran servers

Solution:

World Bosses that evolve with the servers

average weekly total server BR rating makes them grow stronger or weaker as the server population is refined.

Funner Solution:

ALL OUT monster attacks during,before,and after the times of

World Boss arrival to compensate rewards for players who don't make it to the main World

Boss battle or often need to do other stuff instead.

Description: A rampaging World Boss

attacking a common area like cloud city..though I think there should be other common areas like at least one CAPITAL for each provincial region in the continent of Balenor(btw I don't know what "Gaia's content" is but I prefer Balenor its much more original.) NORMALLY these capitals should be for players living in the same realm to unwind, socialize and participate local tournaments, customs, and monthly holiday event festivals etc. But during WB the Wilds Bosses converge and attack these capitals. Players can still form parties to vanquish them but it takes place in the streets of the city and they move toward a goal like "The Regent's Keep"* which I will discuss at a later date because it deals with a more important suggestion post I'm working on now.

1st the World boss attacks Cloud City, rampaging around like Godzilla.
    Players can chase it around to attack or even if minding their own business it might corner them and offer them a fight(they can opt to flee instead and get no rewards for fighting.)
    Angels are working it over the whole time from the clouds so when it gets too weak it falls to Balenor landing randomly in one place that players must migrate their hero to where it falls to continue fighting it using a map like the one for Magic Inn/great Card hunt to chase it down..when it is finally too weak or time runs out,that means it is all but defeated and flees to its lair. At this point the current World Boss battle begins that we are already familiar with. Players may then of course challenge it from the normal World Boss notification [I assuming the story is that: These lairs are accessible through some side passage in the Forgotten Catacombs which as we know can be entered from almost any dark corner of Balenor.

Meanwhile as this is happening (to discourage rogue World Boss event backstab plunderers) something terrible happens in "The Wilds". Any remaining wilds bosses and monsters hiding there activate and go on the offensive! Attacking players and Eudaemon squads* caught roaming around in the Wilds. Players usually team up to fight them so I'm assuming they're fairly tough to solo.(I wouldn't know because I've been in Twilight Sands for over a year.) So any player in Wilds during that time probably best be in a party.
    After the 1st world Boss Rampage ends and is cast down from Cloud City,while players are hunting the World Boss on the card hunt style map, any surviving Wild Bosses migrate and converge on the capital cities of these "Realms" of Balenor: Erendel, Murken Forest, Fetid Swamp etc. They proceed to copycat their Boss with their own Kaiju rampages in those normally peaceful common places.

Also during the entire World Boss battle, some monsters randomly invade players' customized city instances* they won't do much more than camp there at the Siege/plunder control points and randomly drop troops of fun easy to kill vermin and cattle thief monsters into players' farmsteads(yes bring back the instance/hamlet version of the farms please, don't move backward in updates. These invaders will wait for a long time to be cleared out by the owners or visiting friends but will eventually steal some crops if any, and if no-one comes at all, they'll get bold enough to maybe take a livestock also. The player invasion monsters are really just a solo boss and some normal monsters delivered to players' territory as a bone thrown to those who are just too busy to do any of the other boss fights but need comparable rewards.

These invaders also serve the extra purpose of keeping would-be-plunderers busy, making sure their own city is clear (they'll attack any Eudaemon squads* and DO also degrade any siege/plunder battle defenses left in stage 1 after a while) and making sure their farm is not being infested with varmints.
    If players simply must invade another players city during WB events they wont be able to progress through the siege/plunder instances until these monsters are cleared out of the gates/control points, and they can't do so quietly the system will announce any invasions to the defender player if online.
    Basically...with a camping Boss and monsters at stage 1 invasion checkpoints(they don't besiege the castle),
    a second "siege battle" stage with full strength defenses that aren't affected by monster invasions,
    The optional farmstead/hamlet instance attack that allows players to invade and steal from anyone's farm,
    and lastly the existing-but background should be set in a throne room- automatic pvp duel after all that,
    means it will take more time and troops to plunder/besiege a player city during a world boss event and they wont be able to do it so quietly. I do think this siege battle should become unnecessary after the first time the attacker completes it in any given weeks time, reverting back to normal plunder duel if they attack again after winning..but I'll explain how and why the initial city plunder attempts should be a 2-3 stage customizable persistent instance ["persistence" if you will] in a separate suggestion on this forum.
    Thanks to everyone who reads this far.

So basically, you want monsters to just spawn all over during World Boss event and attack everyone at once? While I might think the idea could be doable, however, it's going to require much more than the "dialup" that is on the server side to even pull this off.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
      im prety sure you clicked on this thread because it has a Kaiju on the thread name.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I see a Lag Monster going 1-winged angel in R2 land and wiping out all servers and toons...

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          So basically, you want monsters to just spawn all over during World Boss event and attack everyone at once? While I might think the idea could be doable, however, it's going to require much more than the "dialup" that is on the server side to even pull this off.
          Ok your other replies irritated me but the "dial up" joke is actually funny though...but yeh I guess thats the gist of that last suggestion. Well I was literally thinking that: Maybe the existing Wilds bosses that haven't already been killed by players by the time of the event would gang up and rampage to attack a common city/capital in the Wilds. I wanted to suggest having a real consequence if the monsters succeed in sacking the city and killing its leadership..who would be puppet npcs installed (by the votes?) of an Echelon of players who would be having arena style duels (Echelon Battle or Joust or something) for positions of influence in the capital during normal business hours) but I wasn't ready to go into all that yet. The persistent consequences would be regional (Erendel,Murken forest, Fetid Swamp,etc) mostly only concerning players that live in those regions namely: what would need rebuilding and if the primary target was destroyed, a power vacuum that is a trigger for one of my other suggestions the (completely voluntary) "Realm War Events"(not Cross server) that I'll be posting about somewhere and linking to eventually.
          In the World Boss event that carries over into Wilds, players who find themselves in the path of a rampaging Boss(es) would be attacked and players might go after to try to defend the capital from the bosses and their minions. Hiding in player city(or just not being anywhere near Wilds) might work but randomly, some cities will also get invaded/camped by a minor (Wilds) boss with some normal npcs and dropping the farm invasion imps. I guess it wouldn't make much difference if the bosses were freshly spawned for the event or we're just leftovers from throughout the day, but if they're leftovers it would give some players more incentive to organize large scale wilds hunts if they don't want to have to deal with this happening in their region/realm and possibly prevent some or face demoralizing odds during PvP factional "Realm Wars" invasions.

So to summarize and because I notice my format is atrocious and barely edited for style:

Suggestion #1 is simply to have the game calculate total BR average of players over some days/weeks (from a random reference time, if we want to avoid the players of some servers to develop a mass pattern exploit) and revamp the world bosses to be stronger or weaker accordingly. enough so that the total kill time of World Boss might extend to be more like 10 minutes instead 4 mins that has become typical for my server, maybe giving everyone more of a chance join in even after it starts.

#2 suggestion no rampaging but an easy to access sequence or World bosses at level/BR based locations or just inaccessible to players who's average BR/levels do nt match the Boss.

#3 suggestion The Rampaging World and Wilds bosses idea that came up after I began to merge the World Boss issue with another suggestion I've been working on involving Wilds and my campaign to bring back the Farmstead instances. BTW I also generally found it annoying to have to run around to collect my crops but I go used to it and found the patterns that required the least amounts of actual movements to achieve the goal..Furthermore I don't feel like it has to be either/or, as in, I don't think the problem with farm was that it "was an instance" but more so that to harvest and plant the crops and milk etc our hero had to literally move around the farm to bring stuff into view. Thats an issue with annoying architecture not the actual environment. There no reason I can imagine the farmstead can't be an instance and yet require only the cursor to move around the farm as in the Wilds "overland" instance. Even if for some reason that isn't possible for some programming reason, I'm sure someone can design an architecture versions of the farm and pastures that are not frustrating or time consuming to harvest. Far more importantly to me though is what could have been done if it had remained an instance. The hamlet that was there could someday be activated giving players the homestead they're trying to give us, a personal auction shop ,something most of us have wanted for a long time and whatever else it seems we should have there. Maybe the compromise is that not only is the stuff you can buy/sell trade limited(It'd be nice to be able to trade clothes and mount cards) but, the fact that in this case only players who can visit the farm can also shop at or rob the personal auction. Also what I feel is even more importantly fun could have been the introduction of Cattle/crop thief invading monsters (any played Castleville? I enjoyed encountering this type of thing in that game...but not much else I guess but I was expecting eventually something like that to happen in WT.) that players, their visiting friends and Eudaemons /Guards* can kill. MOST importantly are the impacts it would have on my ongoing wargame feature suggestions*.

Functionally I can see how all of the suggestions are fairly complimentary and interchangeable.... eg to have a level matching sequence but really the boss is the same monster retreating in sequence to the lower br/level attack locations The regions of Balenor are already classified by level..its just not prohibitive to player city location. I don't think it should be either..ijs. I'd prefer using the Magic Inn card hunt style map to hunt down the Boss(bosses) and it could function like a radar map to locate all the rest of the bosses as well. IDK I'm just dreaming all this up. Bosses could be made to be evolutionary in any case so that it remains challenging at all BR/levels and striking down the boss at one level quickly, doesn't end the event because its either not dying but retreating to the lower levels/br average area til it gets to its lair (the classic current version of World Boss battle) or because there are other regional bosses that have to be slain or go Kaiju in Wilds before the lair is opened, imagining that If noone strikes down any particular boss by the time limits, maybe instead of or in addition to using wilds bosses these are the ones that are Rampaging toward the capital. They wind up going rampage in Wilds which is pretty much FFA at that point. Maybe it could be done any and all those ways and be equally fun to me. I think.There would be plenty to do.
          Last edited by R27377783; 03-17-2016, 02:22 PM. Reason: is this an edit? By the time I finsihed I'd forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            I see a Lag Monster going 1-winged angel in R2 land and wiping out all servers and toons...
            I do too, ...and I think thats where the fun will be.. but no, I'm not suggesting any permanent damage to anyone or anything other than maybe some aftermath effect on another suggested event I haven't written about yet. Maybe some drops or temporary negative buffs whenever the rampaging Boss kills a challenging player or destroys something of value to all the players of the server or region.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              im prety sure you clicked on this thread because it has a Kaiju on the thread name.
              I found it to be an interesting coincidence because I noticed this signature just after I posted this and I thought I'd been somehow redirected to the user's speedy reply to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                LOL No lie. I saw that and had to have a look. His idea is halfway good in its intent, but knowing R2, I can see a blackhole where everyone can't login after being locked up really happening for the duration of time.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                  I do too, ...and I think thats where the fun will be.. but no, I'm not suggesting any permanent damage to anyone or anything other than maybe some aftermath effect on another suggested event I haven't written about yet. Maybe some drops or temporary negative buffs whenever the rampaging Boss kills a challenging player or destroys something of value to all the players of the server or region.
                  *facepalm*

Comment

Working...
                  X