Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

is r2 racist or discrimating religions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is r2 racist or discrimating religions

thought i throw this into the mix hahahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.png
Views:	1
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	1781127

in u.k and certain christain areas of the world the word easter means alot to christain ppl as its the rebirth of jesus from death to rebirth

but cadburys ave removed the word easter from their easter egg boxes as it offends certain religions

will r2 be doing the same as the easter bunnie is offending certain religions lmao and the word easter egg in their events
    Last edited by Xharry005x; 03-24-2016, 10:46 AM.

To answer the question, no. Religion doesn't exist here, and everyone will be offended by something.

I personally am offended about chocolate not being consulted about its wishes in the matter.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

who cares. its wartune, fantasy world, not Earth. lel

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
        thought i throw this into the mix hahahaha

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160312[/ATTACH]

in u.k and certain christain areas of the world the word easter means alot to christain ppl as its the rebirth of jesus from death to rebirth

but cadburys ave removed the word easter from their easter egg boxes as it offends certain religions

will r2 be doing the same as the easter bunnie is offending certain religions lmao and the word easter egg in their events
        So, at this moment, the game is giving out items literally named "Easter Egg", and you want to complain that they might not include the word "Easter" in the future? The whole Christian persecution fantasy is pretty stupid to begin with, but this elevates it to a whole new level.

Comment

r2 didnt give their employees choc eggs this year shame r2 lol

no worries u can share my choc eggs memorylane

Comment

i thought this thread was started for the purpose of entertaining the tension distressed minds reading this forum by giving us a good laugh much like the slave kid thread did

EDIT: received a negative from a rude & 'smart' red dotted nick (it's obvious who that is ;D). not rep-ing back coz his comment make me laugh
            Last edited by R238423534; 03-24-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
              r2 didnt give their employees choc eggs this year shame r2 lol

no worries u can share my choc eggs memorylane
              I don't think I would trust your chocolate eggs, harry.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Holy <expletive>! Are you serious? Who in their right mind would ban such an event? I seen Easter as many events for everyone; religious and non-religious as well as those in-between. I am not just limited to one aspect.

Although, I could kill for some Kinder eggs, but they are blocked to be imported into the USA. However, Cadbury had better not messed with the Easter Bunny or Easter Eggs, for no bunny knows Easter than Cadbury, and me of course.

Also, is that Easter Bunny smilin' at me in the game?
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

From what I read, the semi-official statement from Cadbury is that the eggs being for Easter is common knowledge, so while updating their packaging, they decided to leave out the word Easter, and it was in no way because of feeling like they've been offending people. Funny enough, the only people who are offended by the removal of Easter from the packaging are the same people who were offended by the red Starbucks cups.

And now I really want a Cadbury egg.

Comment

See, that's what I don't understand in people. I am an Earth Walker with no ties with any specific religious or political categories that enjoys every holiday at it's fullest, but be quick to frown upon those who may feel "offended" on such; it's just a holiday folks. I am not Jewish, but always had observed Hanukkah; because it's a countdown to a holiday I looked forward to, Christmas; been like that when I was a kid because it's not only about some guy, but also of a time to spend with those you care about as well as presents. Thanksgiving the same. New Years, Independence Day, Groundhog Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Halloween, and much more. I don't take offense to any of them but always take the time to respect each and every one since some people will always observe such from any point of view (which I might add isn't always better than the next). Easter for me is always about watching those very Cadbury commercials, and thinking about that Cadbury Bunny that clucks without going off-key. I guess you can call it tradition in a sense. To remove the "Easter" word from the package will just make it an "egg" instead.

Then again, on the bright side, I can always say "suck an egg" and it would be a Cadbury, and not a chicken egg.

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/cadbury-banned-easter/

read before you comment any further. stop this idiotic persecution complex.

and what the fork with the thread title? we just had forking Ham and still has the bloody Easter Egg items FFS.

edit:
                      actually, maybe wartune is discriminating. we had xmas events, thanksgiving, easter, etc but we never had Hanukkah, Diwali, Eid, etc.
                      Last edited by Arlad; 03-24-2016, 06:59 PM.
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Just came back from getting a prescription filled and saw a Cadbury egg. Has no "Easter" on it, but still is an egg.... good one at that!

Comment

Blame the professional outrage brigade.

And people ask me why I like to show my utter contempt for them at every opportunity and to their faces.

And in line with that, due to Adam Goodes' performance, I consider AFL players to be the biggest sooks and girly men of any sport on the planet, including pillow fighters.

Comment

snopes

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                            http://www.snopes.com/cadbury-banned-easter/

read before you comment any further. stop this idiotic persecution complex.

and what the fork with the thread title? we just had forking Ham and still has the bloody Easter Egg items FFS.

edit:
                            actually, maybe wartune is discriminating. we had xmas events, thanksgiving, easter, etc but we never had Hanukkah, Diwali, Eid, etc.
                            Nobody trusts any thing on snopes, it's the greatest misinformation site that was ever made... lol the joke is on you if you believe any of the post on that site lol

Comment

Plus that article is 99% spin.

"They haven't really taken the name off. I mean SOME of their OTHER products have the name! Therefore it is fake!"

Other products means this product is OK... Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X