Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server down? Lets count the lies in About R2 Profile...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server down? Lets count the lies in About R2 Profile...

Real simple... High light the part you think is a lie or misleading as a player in R2's About me section... and post why you think they have lied or not lived up to this statement.

R2GAMES ABOUT ME
    R2 Game Co. Limited (R2Games) is an international distributor of online games and mobile games. Headquartered in Shenzhen's Nanshan Science and Technology Park, we also have offices in Shanghai, Hong Kong and the US, attracting young and passionate employees from all over the world. Since its establishment, R2Games' strength has been its international background, cultural adaptability and mission statement of spreading happiness, determined to make its mark as a global leader in video games.
    As an overseas company specializing in video games, R2Games publishes in 20 countries and regions, including the United States, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, and Turkey. R2 has grown from a small team of ten to a company of nearly three hundred employees. With a wealth of marketing resources, a first class operations team and a strong overseas brand, we are set to continue working diligently and innovating our way into creating one of the world's greatest gaming platforms.

Ill start:
    mission statement of spreading happiness
    People spend money on things they enjoy, when you disappoint and servers crash for the rest of the day
    and R2's only comment is "Could be minutes, could be hours.. just depends on what's wrong with the servers and how quickly it can be fixed."
    It tends to leave us a feeling of ..hmm lets see... NOT HAPPINESS!

Originally posted by damianosblack View Post
    People spend money on things they enjoy, when you disappoint and servers crash for the rest of the day
    and R2's only comment is "Could be minutes, could be hours.. just depends on what's wrong with the servers and how quickly it can be fixed."
    It tends to leave us a feeling of ..hmm lets see... NOT HAPPINESS!
    Just to clarify, that quote does not come from R2, it comes from me. I've been told repeatedly no one wants to hear "I don't know" and that I should instead give some sort of "real" answer, and so when asked how long the servers would be down for, my reply was that it could be minutes or hours, as sort of quoted here. That was the closest to a real answer I could give.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Allow me to step in since I deal within the realm of networks. I am not kissing any <expletive>, just stating the facts. A server crash (or server not ready) is not something we all have in mind when we come on. Sometimes, these things happen, and when they do, they get reported. Depending on the nature of the problem, it will take time to get someone (if they are not in) to remote log in (if they are able to do that) or come to the office so they can start the troubleshoot. In my realm, I would be called, and it would take about 40-90 minutes, depending on where the trouble is at and traffic, to get there, another 5 minutes to set up, and an x amount of time to trouble shoot the problem. There was one time where my troubleshoot went beyond 27 hours with a few winks in-between on a single job call and I had to deal with guys like you (aka the manager of said hotel) who are constantly on my back without giving me a chance to deal with the problem, even after his own people told him to shut the <expletive> up about it. Luckily, a problem like you had didn't went to that point as I am sure there are techs testing to ensure a certain troubleshoot is done so they can move onto the next.

Now, when I had that one problem, Memory was there to cooperate with me as I am with her. I provided my reports, she was able to forward them to the techs, and they were able to resolve it; albeit a few hours, but hey, that's understandable. I didn't complain as I was trying to get to the bottom of such. There are many things I could go on and berate R2 for, but when it comes to the technical stuff, I am going to hold my distance... and you should too.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Not even just technical stuff. You try debugging a programme of 1000 lines, where a semi-colon missing in line 2 causes a problem in line 857. Let's see how long you take to figure that one out. Wartune is not 1000 lines. It is far, FAR more.

Some things are understandable. Servers crashing out of hand is one, although we have had a bit of warning prior. There have been MANY glitch disconnects in the last week or two. My guildies and I suffer one almost every 10 minutes at one stage, and it is always in clumps. ALL of us report that our other Internet stuff, even constantly streaming stuff like VOIP and radio are unaffected. ONLY R2 drops link. Note that the disconnects are VERY fast. You get disconnected, immediately refresh or open another link on a browser or other client, and it is back.

It points to a problem on the server end not holding a link. That is an early warning sign of a problem with the server. It is glitching out.

What is NOT understandable is the blatant disregard for KNOWN bugs, glitches and memory overflows. Even the players have pointed out which part of the code it is at. Some of the stuff is so basic and easily fixed that even the players, with no access to the code, can postulate a fix. The total disregard, downright CONTEMPT, that R2 showed the players in those instances cannot be forgiven.

Comment

Working...
        X