Atoll Boss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atoll Boss

To prevent ppl from jumping in atoll and taking boss without doing any of the work, they should be required to have the adv/sophisticated attempts maxed before they can attack the boss. Otherwise ppl just come in atoll and see a boss is about to spawn and jump right on it.

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
    To prevent ppl from jumping in atoll and taking boss without doing any of the work, they should be required to have the adv/sophisticated attempts maxed before they can attack the boss. Otherwise ppl just come in atoll and see a boss is about to spawn and jump right on it.
    That would require good game design and/or forethought. This is R2/Proficient City we are talking about. Enough said.

Comment

they should really just turn every mob into a boss when the 100 mark has been reached so that people don't need to compete for the boss.
      i've seen enough drama and have stayed out of AB since the moment when i got the AB mount.
      guess they just don't want us to get the free advanced seps

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
        This makes sense in theroy, but in practice whenthere is more then one person doing atoll it wont work. I say this because the more people doing atoll the less chance you have of getting all your other attempts maxed before the boss is spawned. Added to this the fact that getting the boss out and dead faster means you can go back to get the other stuff and continue to get atoll Boss. On my server Atoll boss appears about 3-4 times per hour, just because people dont have to max their attempts of all other stuff before attacking the boss.

Comment

requiring adv. attempts to be maxed would suck.

I hate having to kill 20 of those things. I only get 'em if I need too.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            they should really just turn every mob into a boss when the 100 mark has been reached so that people don't need to compete for the boss.
            i've seen enough drama and have stayed out of AB since the moment when i got the AB mount.
            good idea, an ai upgrade and more persistent codes, I wonder if that would prevent or induce more of the lag..probably would actually contribute to stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
              This makes sense in theroy, but in practice whenthere is more then one person doing atoll it wont work. I say this because the more people doing atoll the less chance you have of getting all your other attempts maxed before the boss is spawned. Added to this the fact that getting the boss out and dead faster means you can go back to get the other stuff and continue to get atoll Boss. On my server Atoll boss appears about 3-4 times per hour, just because people dont have to max their attempts of all other stuff before attacking the boss.
              Yeah I see what you're saying. Just sucks when you're the only one in there and someone else comes in when you're at like 90 and they take the boss. Usually not but 3-4 in atoll on my server at a time, so 2-3 bosses spawning instead of 1 would probably work better.

Comment

Originally posted by polo3518 View Post
                requiring adv. attempts to be maxed would suck.

I hate having to kill 20 of those things. I only get 'em if I need too.
                good point, maybe if the attempts are weekly(like circuit quests) and don't reset with every DSR.
                This would still be a sort've countermeasure against AB minuteman spam and would favor the more dedicated Sylph Atoll patrollers but still requiring some level of riot control participation without being prohibitive of new bloods just wanting to get in on the action. They'll just find they have to work their way up to 20 before they can challenge the boss. Some will go for it right then and there these deserve to able to challenge the boss,other more casual counterrevolutionaries might attack a few and wait till the next event to attack a few more until they can finally attack the boss.
                I guess MAYBE there should be a limit to how many attempts reset each period though because wouldn't it be kind've ironic if those who get all gung ho to claim all 20 at once and bust their ***** to do it in one event would get penalized because it means all 20 of their attempts drop off at the same time every event..lol but personally I'd find that to be a hilarious and fitting reward for those gung ho players obvious cruel and unusually violent aggression toward the sylphs just trying to liberate their homeland [|D
                ..but also if there is some reward for doing them all based on how many done during the same event then players that are this gung ho would also probably be the ones who will want the drop off rate to be on par with their aggression because that means they can get whatever is the reward for reaching 20 every time...so I guess its fair if the amount of attempts that drop off is directly proportionate to how many attempts were used up in the previous events.

Just to clarify this suggestion: you'd only get your badge or rights to challenge atoll boss for limited period based on your conquest of the 20 riot sylph requirement, some of those attempts drop off every AB event so each player has to keep challenging the rioting sylphs, just not necessarily all at once. Once we reached 20 wins, we can challenge the boss and only a few(or all) of the attempts drop off per boss appearance based (at SOME rate) on the amount of attempts used in some number of previous AB events participated in. SO maybe you only have to fight 1 to 5 of them each time or maybe you have to do all 20 becuase you went gung ho. The amount of rioting sylphs you attacked in one day( or any one boss event) would drop off completely after maybe seven 7 DSRs or an appropriate amount of AB events (or whatever other reasonable time period might be considered best) if your not continuing to attack a few sylphs every event. (lol quite frankly I think I prefer it if the approach is that it is directly proportioate to the amount of attempts used, because it means a patient player can fulfill their 20 riot challenge by only challenging 1 sylph per event if their not so eager to attack the AB and can wait for 20 AB events to pass before they can join. That would mean that for them only one attempt would drop off per event. Meaning they only have to kill one in order to go ahead and fight the AB, because they were patient and not blood thirsty. In other words the player would set their own aggression level needed to take on the AB.

The point here is every player's running total of rioter defeats has to be 20 before they can challenge the boss but that doesn't mean all 20 had to be dealt with in the same Boss event or 24 hr period or whatever. I guess the generic version implementing this is to literally make the process weekly just like circuit quests or better/worse yet: make the number of sylph suppression circuit quests completed a part satisfying the riot sylphs requirement.

Anyway I don't really like the riot sylphs requirement thing though unless they can be attacked as party, or there is more variance in their strengths, so players who choose not to maxed out their toons can still get in on the AB action. I believe I once suggested about a year ago(or thought of suggesting but hated to join forum) that the sylphs react to players actions when nearby and can pile up into a grouped attack and or flee players who attacked one of them, making running around in atoll casually attacking them or even just being in the wrong place at wrong time kind've hazardous. This was before devs put in the rioting sylphs and the only time a sylph would attack was like as a glitch or something: if you were doing a circuit quest auto-path and landed on the same spot as a sylph, or stood still too long at a sylph spawn point you might get a lucky free sylph fight without clicking on it.
                Last edited by R27377783; 04-10-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  Personally, I like that idea. In fact, they should have something like this:

Have the sophisticated and advanced sylphs running around as the team gets their kill count on. Once the kill counts been achieved, their own personal Atoll Boss will pop up at a special place (won't show up on others if they are not done) where it can be engaged by your team for the kill.

But, this is R2/Proficient we are all talking about. The makers of "generic" battle management and the "one size fits all" method.
                  Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                  Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                  Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                  Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    Personally, I like that idea. In fact, they should have something like this:

Have the sophisticated and advanced sylphs running around as the team gets their kill count on. Once the kill counts been achieved, their own personal Atoll Boss will pop up at a special place (won't show up on others if they are not done) where it can be engaged by your team for the kill.

But, this is R2/Proficient we are all talking about. The makers of "generic" battle management and the "one size fits all" method.
                    having to spawn boss separately for each player and party adds considerable coding complexity,
                    and the amount of temporary data to be stored on server grows without bound.

some players join/leave party midway. everyone in a party might have a different mob count.
                    the game system needs to pick whose count should count towards the decision-making, which is more complexity.

some players are still too small to kill bosses on their own.
                    it's too annoying if the helpers have to help each little one to max their attempts before they could help boss.

The 100 mark is a pretty good cutting point for boss spawning. I wouldn't mind helping to respawn the boss when I have time.
                    But the number of boss being spawned is only one at a time, which is terrible and causing too much drama.
                    I just hate to see people cursing and beating up each other to compete for the boss (and the little ones are kicked out of atoll repeatedly because of that).

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                      good idea, an ai upgrade and more persistent codes, I wonder if that would prevent or induce more of the lag..probably would actually contribute to stability.
                      it's a pretty trivial change. highly doubt they would do it, but still nice to share it

Comment

Working...
                      X