Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most passive community I have ever seen in the last 20 years on the internet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most passive community I have ever seen in the last 20 years on the internet!

Hello I'm started as a free player from Germany and I wanted to see if I can enjoy the game, if I were like it I might have start to cash it. I have reached level 15 and i have sent application to a guild. Fortunately the guild master just came online, pm-ed her but she has turned me down because she said I'm using n alt account. I didn't even know what is that at that moment. I have tried 2 more guilds to join, one of their members in charge asked me if I will pay for the game and of course I didn't lie to him, I have told him that im not sure about that yet. After 4 hours of waiting I have decided to leave the server because simply i just couldn't complete my main quests.
    After this I have decided that I try another server. I have made a mistake by using the world chat when I have reached level 17 followed by offensive expressions about the level and battle rating of the character I play. I have sent 5 application for different clans but only one answered has arrived after 6 hours of playing the game and tha wasn't actually an answer but a feedvack instead - saying they accept only vip-players. "VIP-PLAYERS"? What the hell is that? I know about vip-seats on certain events like in a theatre or a national celebration but vip in a game?
    So after "playing" 10 hours and trying two servers I have realized that I will never be accepted unless I pay with cash for thegame. Honestly, I have never seen such disgusting bunch of players and they don't deserve the privilege to call themselves "community". You can replay whatever you want because I don't mind the answers!

Originally posted by wartune1 View Post
    Hello I'm started as a free player from Germany and I wanted to see if I can enjoy the game, if I were like it I might have start to cash it. I have reached level 15 and i have sent application to a guild. Fortunately the guild master just came online, pm-ed her but she has turned me down because she said I'm using n alt account. I didn't even know what is that at that moment. I have tried 2 more guilds to join, one of their members in charge asked me if I will pay for the game and of course I didn't lie to him, I have told him that im not sure about that yet. After 4 hours of waiting I have decided to leave the server because simply i just couldn't complete my main quests.
    After this I have decided that I try another server. I have made a mistake by using the world chat when I have reached level 17 followed by offensive expressions about the level and battle rating of the character I play. I have sent 5 application for different clans but only one answered has arrived after 6 hours of playing the game and tha wasn't actually an answer but a feedvack instead - saying they accept only vip-players. "VIP-PLAYERS"? What the hell is that? I know about vip-seats on certain events like in a theatre or a national celebration but vip in a game?
    So after "playing" 10 hours and trying two servers I have realized that I will never be accepted unless I pay with cash for thegame. Honestly, I have never seen such disgusting bunch of players and they don't deserve the privilege to call themselves "community". You can replay whatever you want because I don't mind the answers!
    depends what platform u using on kabam ppl dont care if u spend or not on vip etc

Comment

Count yourself fortunate not to have been suckered into start paying. This game is in steep decline, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone that they start at this point. Unless I dislike the person, then maybe.

What you describe is pretty unusual, but if you're starting on a new server, it's quite likely there are a very large number of people doing the same, and 90% of them will only log on a few times before they give up. VIP players are a lot more likely to stick around, so it's understandable why they might want to restrict members that way.

Pay to win games can attract unpleasant players, though, so just be aware that if they're rude to you when you're just starting out, you don't want to associate with them anyway.

Comment

Sorry to hear your frustrating experience. I had been on new servers before, and had similar experience with jerky and arrogant guild leaders who rejected new players and showed attitude. That was why I only stayed in old servers. My younger cousin, on the other hand, got the exact opposite experience after she joined my server, and got rejected by all strong guilds because their leaders believed new players were all guild spies. After all the server merges, it seems like many "top" guilds have tighten up and behaved jerky. On the brighter side, it's probably a bliss to get rejected by the Wartune community and leave before you go deeper in this game. Better love yourself more and stay further from Wartune.

Comment

It sounds to me as if you are playing on older servers.

An alt is a second character played by a person who has a bigger character on the same server. Often these are used to spy on other guilds, although there are many uses/reasons to have one (or more).

There are many players on all servers who do not pay for the game. Do not feel you have to, unless you want to.

In spite of the deterioration in the quality of this game in recent times, it is still one of the best games around. Many of us get annoyed with it and want to move, but are still here as we are unable to find any games we like as much (plus we are addicted!).

I would suggest you try again, but on a new server. Keep an eye on the news section of forums to see when a new server is released for Europe (or whichever timezone suits you best), then join that server. There will be many new, non-cashing players. Guilds will be new and keen to grab serious players. After a month or two, most of the obnoxious players leave (to go and wind up other new servers/games) and you end up with a good group of friends.
          Gremlin
          Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

Sorry that it has to happen to you, mate. If you're playing on an old server, and try to join a high ranking guild, chances are they might say that you're an alt to spy on their guild from the rival one. If you play on a new server, some are just arrogant and would not bother with your app (or will put in that "auto-reject"). My suggestion would be go ahead and make a guild for yourself (you can recoup the 200k gold in that daily devotions thing) so you can complete some of your quests. At the same time, you can make friends and have guild members wanting to join up.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

rather than "passive", i would say that this is a "dying" community.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Please bear in mind the region that you are in. I have found Eu servers to be pretty darned arrogant. The Oceania ones tend to be a lot more polite, but language can be a barrier there. The US are a mixed bag. Depends on whether you get the South American crowd or not. If you do, chances are you are not going to enjoy it.

Comment

It could be a lot worse. GoodGame Empire is based in Germany and that game is literally a nightmare compared to Wartune in regards to gameplay & player vs player. However, their customer support is better(at least from my past experience with them). At least on Wartune, you can take a break from the game for a couple of days and not end up having all of the stuff you spent cash on taken from you by other players. I've seen a lot of players in that game spend hundreds of dollars on stuff in their outposts and end up losing them. I'm not sure how it is now since I left it a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure it is still set up the same way since it is one of the ways they generate their money. One or two of the big alliances basically control everything and everyone else is all "back of the bus and stuff". At one time I was ranked #1 in honor on one of the servers for about 6 months and eventually just gave the account away to my alliance since staying on top AND keeping/maintaining everything was just becoming a huge money pit. Not to mention the fact that when there are alliance wars, you become a slave to the game.

Despite Wartune's sub-standard customer service and half-assed game coding, at least I can still progress in the game and be able to take a break from it when necessary.

Comment

It is the same with any of the war game type games. Travian, Imperial Conflict, Utopia, Grepolis, War2Glory. All are the same. And then every few months, they reset the server so everyone starts again from scratch.

Comment

that's why cutie me would never be there to play those robbery games. wartune is a social rpg. it's just like any social rpg and any poorly made and poorly supported games. some people call it a war game and make a SoB out of themselves, but those are usually rare species and unpopular. the social aspect of this game is still the most successful aspect. by just looking at how dissatisfied we are but how loyal we still are to this community, it's already solid proof.
                      Last edited by R238423534; 05-02-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X