Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any (non-top) KH player still miss their old skill tree?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any (non-top) KH player still miss their old skill tree?

I have not turned KH yet. Feeling like I don't want to forgo the old skill tree.
    To me, the old skills still look more purposeful than the new skills. They are weak, but they have better functions.
    The best part is that I can unlock all old skills on the same tree, without the need to switch skill tree, and I can pick any 5 skills I need.
    The new skill tree has only 5 active skills per path, and there's no way to choose skills from both paths.
    Not to mention, switching path would cost a huge amount of balens, which means non-SC buyers are all stuck with one path forever.
    Lots new skills are luck-based. The old skills are much more deterministic.
    With the old skill tree, the result of an even battle highly depends on the player's ability to customize their skillbar and rotation.
    With the new skills, there's no customization of skillbar and very little strategy in fight. The result is mainly based on stats and luck.
    I just hate the inflexibility, and feel like the player's capability is devalued.

I'm archer, so I'll lose less capability after turning KH. But still, it feels hard when thinking of that I can't even find a good battle to enjoy.
    Fought quite a lot KH players in the past month. With the much higher stats they got from the passives, there's no way to beat them.
    But if they strip down to match my base stats (their RES stats still far outclass mine), it's their turn to have no skills to use.
    To me, that's quite embarrassing experience, although the easier victory might compensate for it.
    But if everyone turns KH, there's no easier victory any more. Would the new skills still shine?
    Would the huge passive boosts still be worth the loss on the active side?
    And, if you are NOT a top player and do not spend tons to upgrade talents, do you still enjoy the new skills better?

• R23224943
    replied
    if you truely plan to recharge $1200 like you said in earlier post then now would be good time if you don't have a fusion .. you get loki with $1000 recharge then use the balens later to get the adv henna and that

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    ...I don't see any advantage in waiting...
    The "advantage" is that I can hold off recharging for now and wait a little to see
    if they would open up the opportunity for a more reasonable price (for free? LOL ).
    It's not a better strategy than starting KH early.
    I just feel like if I know I would HAVE TO wait for a while before I could actually make full use of it and enjoy it
    (to me, having to beg for runs is too frustrating and not enjoyable),
    it's probably better to just enjoy something else for now and do more serious stuff later.
    I'm in social mode for now and enjoying it

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Still going to hold off until at least 30% of server is knighted, 'coz I don't want to beg around for KH dungeons (which is what all the sub-8 million BR KHs on my server are doing each day for now - and I'm NOWHERE NEAR 8M!!!).
    Don't base your decision on whether you can manage the KH dungeon runs or not. You're not doing them now, so nothing changes if you can't get them in after hitting KH. And it takes a fairly long time to build the xp to get all the skill points you need, so if you go KH now, in a month you'll be better situated to make the KH dungeon runs.

It's a safe bet you will jump to KH at some point, and I don't see any advantage in waiting, unless you're stocking up on xp scrolls/empire crusades or something.

Leave a comment:

• adetayo
    replied
    Originally posted by Darrkin View Post
    Regardless of Which tree a Mage chooses the mages are screwed in the end,
    Arcane :
    Lack of dmg
    1 skill that is 100% useless
    1 passive that doesn't work
    1 skill to build Any rage and its a minimal amount over the cost value

Restiration:
    2 basic Dmg skills with minimal dmg/rage building ability
    3 weak heal abilities
    2 passives that are worthless to near worthless

The only choice for a Mage is Arcane which reduces their ability to heal at all for themselves, which has always been apart of the mages skills.
    And while removing their Healing ability the non-ability to do significant damage and have a 100% useless skill on the bar.

The problem with Knighthood is it is so unbalanced its insane,
    Archers have all beneficial abilities
    Knights as well have worthwhile abilities. (other than tide turner)
    Mages Weak dmg 1 useless skill 1 non-functioning passive and no possible healing with the only tree thats worthwhile to get
    I hadn't heard that one of the Mage passives doesn't work. Which one is it?

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Great. Confirmed free swap = feeling better now.

Would feel even better if:
    - both paths can be active
    - old skill tree is still there (if both paths can be active, maybe no need of old skills any more? lol)
    - titans can be equipped and unequipped

Still going to hold off until at least 30% of server is knighted, 'coz I don't want to beg around for KH dungeons (which is what all the sub-8 million BR KHs on my server are doing each day for now - and I'm NOWHERE NEAR 8M!!!).

Leave a comment:

• R23224943
    replied
    i am a knighthood archer with 22k strenght, 3100 enduro, 3600 defense as my tattoo and i swap between shot and survive paths for free every day

- if you got the require tattoo for both paths swapping is free and unlimited daily (shot/survive, arcane/restotation, fury/defender)

Leave a comment:

• Darrkin
    replied
    Swapping Skill trees only requires you to have the requirements for that tree and if you want to flip flop you need to have Both Skill tree Requirements
    So forth the moment as a mage i would need
    Arcane Tree: 2k Defence/Endurance and 8k Intelect
    Restoration Tree 4k Intelect/Endurance/Defence

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    I believe swapping trees is completely free and unlimited, ...
    I was being told something different. I hope what you said is true though.
    I'm holding a $1200 recharge on Paypal and still considering whether or not to dive into this trap named Wartune again.
    Right now using henna just for the stats boosts and not in a rush to turn KH.
    Not only because the new skills aren't as impressive. This whole KH thing is a balens sink.
    I still beat half the KH players with 400-600k more BR than me (same way as I did before they turned KH),
    simply because they have no balens for higher talents and can't gain more skill points (too weak to beat TOK NM and Spire NM).
    And it feels pitiful when they are begging for KH runs while most people can't enter their dungeons to help them.
    It feels like if I'm not a crazy spender and not strong enough to begin with, KH is not going to give me much advantage.
    It's just the strong ones get stronger. The weak ones are still left behind like before (or maybe worse).

But regardless, I still hope they allow KH players to keep the old skill tree,
    and allow them to pick which Titan(s) to equip (sorry but the Titans are really laggy and annoying for events requiring speed, such as DI).

Leave a comment:

• Darrkin
    replied
    Regardless of Which tree a Mage chooses the mages are screwed in the end,
    Arcane :
    Lack of dmg
    1 skill that is 100% useless
    1 passive that doesn't work
    1 skill to build Any rage and its a minimal amount over the cost value

Restiration:
    2 basic Dmg skills with minimal dmg/rage building ability
    3 weak heal abilities
    2 passives that are worthless to near worthless

The only choice for a Mage is Arcane which reduces their ability to heal at all for themselves, which has always been apart of the mages skills.
    And while removing their Healing ability the non-ability to do significant damage and have a 100% useless skill on the bar.

The problem with Knighthood is it is so unbalanced its insane,
    Archers have all beneficial abilities
    Knights as well have worthwhile abilities. (other than tide turner)
    Mages Weak dmg 1 useless skill 1 non-functioning passive and no possible healing with the only tree thats worthwhile to get

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    I believe the cost of changing path is analogous to the cost of switching skill tree under the old system.
    So those without spirit covenant would not be able to switch path for free.
    That was what it was for the last time I checked. Not sure about now. Would be good news if it's indeed free without SC.

I personally still prefer they add the new skills as a third tab and allow us switch among the 3 possible skill trees instead of taking away all the old skills.
    I almost always carry 1 or 2 defensive skills regardless of class. It would be a bit harder to adjust if the two sides are separated.
    And I lost the ability to survive the whole WB or do solo DI as knight :_(
    I believe swapping trees is completely free and unlimited, but every time you switch you have to meet the tattoo requirements, which can be a pain. And of course the complete separation of the skill trees is terrible, you have no options to mix up skills at all. Respec of a particular tree does cost bbs unless you have SC though.

Mages have it worst, I think, the new heal tree is so inadequate to begin with, and you have no good damage skills unless you take the other path. And that's on top of the rage builder ridiculousness.

The knight defense tree seems pretty solid to me - the basic skills do pretty great damage to a single target, and the hp shield will save your eudaemon from auto-KO attacks. It's much better for WB & DI than current skills, IMO.
    Whoever decided on that third skill (Tide Turner) should be ashamed of themselves, though.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    Originally posted by R23224943 View Post
    whoever told you that is WRONG. you can swap trees for FREE as long as you got the required tattoo for it. if you are are a archer with Strength +10000, Defense +3000, Endurance +3000 you can swap trees for free
    I believe the cost of changing path is analogous to the cost of switching skill tree under the old system.
    So those without spirit covenant would not be able to switch path for free.
    That was what it was for the last time I checked. Not sure about now. Would be good news if it's indeed free without SC.

I personally still prefer they add the new skills as a third tab and allow us switch among the 3 possible skill trees instead of taking away all the old skills.
    I almost always carry 1 or 2 defensive skills regardless of class. It would be a bit harder to adjust if the two sides are separated.
    And I lost the ability to survive the whole WB or do solo DI as knight :_(

Leave a comment:

• R23224943
    replied
    switching path would cost a huge amount of balens, which means non-SC buyers are all stuck with one path forever.
    whoever told you that is WRONG. you can swap trees for FREE as long as you got the required tattoo for it. if you are are a archer with Strength +10000, Defense +3000, Endurance +3000 you can swap trees for free

Leave a comment:

Working...
X